Comments

• zmanzman Posts: 502
    sellouts 
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    I've seen that commercial a couple of times now and I would've never known that was Harrison Ford.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • So... one of their new songs is being used in a super bowl commercial... Eddie was seen getting off a private plane w/ Chris Chelios to perform a private Super Bowl party... 

On one hand, I don’t begrudge them going for theirs & enjoying what they’ve earned. 

On the other hand, this is a far cry from the band I fell in love with.

• FW46778FW46778 Posts: 227
    If you want punk rock values, go listen a punk band. They have been using private jets for touring for a long time why is this new. Also doing charity work with the Verizon deal.
    I used to be MILKwasAbadChoice...Now I am just FW46778...a math teacher in jersey
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,613
    zman said:
    sellouts 
    They sold out when they made their first album, if you want to be technical about it.  Who cares.
  • zmanzman Posts: 502
    that aside, the song has promise 
  • kramer73 said:
    zman said:
    sellouts 
    They sold out when they made their first album, if you want to be technical about it.  Who cares.
    Why did they?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Eddie opened the Pilgrimage festival with this song on the organ in 2017 - think it was being called "share the light" at that time.  My wife and I were both blown away by it.  After the song Ed "took a knee". Yesterday during the commerical I wasn't really paying attention but my wife caught it.  Have to say i was kind of suprised, and somewhat disappointed espcially with the speculation about 5G and the cancer pontential.  Nevertheless, it was incredible live and interested to see how it turns out on the new album and how it will be incorporated on this tour.

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791
    16gauge said:
    Eddie opened the Pilgrimage festival with this song on the organ in 2017 - think it was being called "share the light" at that time.  My wife and I were both blown away by it.  After the song Ed "took a knee". Yesterday during the commerical I wasn't really paying attention but my wife caught it.  Have to say i was kind of suprised, and somewhat disappointed espcially with the speculation about 5G and the cancer pontential.  Nevertheless, it was incredible live and interested to see how it turns out on the new album and how it will be incorporated on this tour.

They said the same about 4g and 3g and Wi-Fi. It might be the case. But we're all going to use it.
    I miss igotid88
  • zman said:
    sellouts 
    Gotta keep this thread criticism-free
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    I've never heard of this song before last night, but it looks like video of this song has floated around on youtube for a while. Whats the story with this song then? Is it an unreleased older song they added to the album, is it from EV solo stuff that has made its way on the album (like Sleeping By Myself)? 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,154
    edited February 2020
    mace1229 said:
    I've never heard of this song before last night, but it looks like video of this song has floated around on youtube for a while. Whats the story with this song then? Is it an unreleased older song they added to the album, is it from EV solo stuff that has made its way on the album (like Sleeping By Myself)? 
    Eddie played it solo on his tour. Who knows if its a solo song turned Pearl Jam song, or a PJ song he tried out solo. But common sense tell me it's his song brought to the band.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"