Mobile tix...getting back to your seat??

Forgive me if I sound stupid but I'm wondering how we'll be able to move around the building without a ticket or proof of a ticket with your location on it? Most shows I have been to I've had to show it multiple times just to get back to my seat. How can we trade tix or share them if only one person has them on their mobile device? 

Comments

• sd150448 said:
    Forgive me if I sound stupid but I'm wondering how we'll be able to move around the building without a ticket or proof of a ticket with your location on it? Most shows I have been to I've had to show it multiple times just to get back to my seat. How can we trade tix or share them if only one person has them on their mobile device? 
    Buddy and I literally just had this same conversation 30 min ago.
    If I'm on the floor (in seats, not GA) in St. Louis, and my buddy has to go to use the restroom I don't need to hold their hand while they're going.  Assumption here has to be that once in the door, a photo of the ticket will suffice - it's actually getting IN the door that will matter.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    edited February 2020
    Flash Seats print a seat locator for each person. Wonder if that would be/is a possibility. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Usually the person that scans your phone at the door has a little machine that prints out a little slip of paper for each seat to give you
  • sd150448sd150448 Posts: 110
    I'm sure we are all asking the same question. If not sharing and trading is a tough go.
    Krickj said:
    Usually the person that scans your phone at the door has a little machine that prints out a little slip of paper for each seat to give you
    That's it! Kind of nice when you don't have a printed ticket and want to keep it as a souvenir.  
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    Haven’t they done 1 color wristband for the floor, a different color for GA, and everyone else gets no wristband?
    so you just show your wristband to get to your section.
    mace1229 said:
    Haven’t they done 1 color wristband for the floor, a different color for GA, and everyone else gets no wristband?
    so you just show your wristband to get to your section.
    GA need to have wristbands most definitely but what about the seat police? Lol
    Can't tell you how many times I've found people in my seats that had to be removed.
  • grizahamgrizaham Posts: 338
    The TM representative said take a screen shot once in the show.
    So I hope everyone can fit in GA!  😉😉😉😀😀
    Seen PJ 21 times live from 1994-2019

• So, if I’m in GA and have to go to the bathroom, do I get to go back to where I was standing?  
    Thanks!
    Oh well that would be the best solution. I would assume the ever changing barcode would deactivate once scanned at the door. Let's hope so. I'm sure it would be a nightmare for both fans and staff alike if there was no answer to this. Thanks!
    GA will have wristbands I'm sure
  • spankyMPspankyMP Posts: 1,756
    coastblue said:
    So, if I’m in GA and have to go to the bathroom, do I get to go back to where I was standing?  
    Thanks!
    If you can make it back, someone saved your spot, and everyone around you is cool and recognizes that you were there from the start, then yes. Otherwise, maybe not.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
    coastblue said:
    So, if I’m in GA and have to go to the bathroom, do I get to go back to where I was standing?  
    Thanks!
    Um, no.  Everyone squishes in.  Sometimes you can get back, but if you have rail, I wouldn't count on it.  It's not like it is a seat and you have a specific ticket for that spot.  People around you might be willing to hold your space, but the people behind might not be quite as willing to let you push up to where you were.  

Just hold it like the rest of us!  Cut your liquid intake and don't be that person who has to make multiple beer/pee runs.  
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    edited February 2020
    The times I have been in GA have been mostly good. In GA lines, people are usually pretty good about holding your spot while you run to the bathroom, grab something to drink, etc. As long as you arent gone for an hour or whatever. Make sure to go to the bathroom before the GA line goes in.

Once inside the GA pit while you are waiting for the show to start, claim your spot, and wait there for a bit until it settles. Then, work with the people around you to try to go the bathroom again, and grab something to eat or drink and get back quick. If its quick, and the show hasnt started, if you work with the people around you, they SHOULD let you back to your spot. 

Once the show starts....well, I hesitate to say all bets are off....but if you leave during the show, you may not get your spot back. This is part of what I hate about GA pits. Is it cool to be that close? Sure. But you dont have freedom to move. And it can get tight.

And then the assholes who push their way up.
    Post edited by Vedd Hedd on
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Dr. MattDr. Matt Posts: 204
    Krickj said:
    Usually the person that scans your phone at the door has a little machine that prints out a little slip of paper for each seat to give you
    Ah, so I suppose this system could be used to swap seats with someone?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Imagine that
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    spankyMP said:
    coastblue said:
    Thanks!
    If you can make it back, someone saved your spot, and everyone around you is cool and recognizes that you were there from the start, then yes. Otherwise, maybe not.
    We're usually pretty good about it, I even got back to where I was after the rain delay at Wrigley. I'd still rather not risk it.
  • Dr. Matt said:
    Krickj said:
    Ah, so I suppose this system could be used to swap seats with someone?!
    it could....the paper ticket will get you in the seat and keep someone else out of it as long as they don't have the same ticket
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,415
    I wondered this as well. At tool no usher ever asked to see our phone once we were in. Mainly because phones weren't allowed to be in use in the concert area. Didnt seem to be any issues. 
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,150
    Venues have been dealing with shows that are non-transferable for years now.  This might be your first rodeo, but it isnt theirs, they dont want this process to be complicated.  Trust me, when I worked in sports and entertainment the last thing we wanted was a huge queue at Guest Services
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
  • PSUS2H said:
    Venues have been dealing with shows that are non-transferable for years now.  This might be your first rodeo, but it isnt theirs, they dont want this process to be complicated.  Trust me, when I worked in sports and entertainment the last thing we wanted was a huge queue at Guest Services

Is there an answer in there, somewhere?
    Perhaps you are agreeing that there will be paper print outs?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,150
    PSUS2H said:

Most often there are, or perhaps wrist bands for floor/GA.  You only have to scan the ticket at entry.  We had clients that would screen shot the ticket one in the building so they knew where they were sitting if they had to split off from friends to grab a drink or whatever. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
  • PSUS2H said:
    PSUS2H said:

Most often there are, or perhaps wrist bands for floor/GA.  You only have to scan the ticket at entry.  We had clients that would screen shot the ticket one in the building so they knew where they were sitting if they had to split off from friends to grab a drink or whatever. 

Got it, thanks. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved