STUBHUB

Are the prices on stubhub right now for real ??? 

Comments

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,671
    No
  • Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 661
    Insane and where is the Baltimore listing?
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ
    09SEP2024 - Philadelphia, PA
    12SEP2024 - Baltimore, MD

• When will realistic tickets (NY) be available does anyone have an idea with the whole new bar code system and what not?  
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    Yes they are. And they’re selling. And I will have to buy from theM as well if I strike out on the boards. 
  • Not paying 400$ for nose bleeds
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Killamjk said:
    When will realistic tickets (NY) be available does anyone have an idea with the whole new bar code system and what not?  
    These are fully transferable tickets. The whole new bar code is not a factor. Once the seller sells you the tickets they email you and you are then the owner of those tickets. 
  • jesus, I could make rent for like two months for what I see listed right now. must be nice to have money like that to burn on a concert.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • PJNB said:
    Killamjk said:
    When will realistic tickets (NY) be available does anyone have an idea with the whole new bar code system and what not?  
    These are fully transferable tickets. The whole new bar code is not a factor. Once the seller sells you the tickets they email you and you are then the owner of those tickets. 
    Yeah.  I scored a single through TM on Saturday.  It won't be transferable or available until March 27, but people can still sell them on stubhub now.  They just don't get paid for a couple months.

I'm so glad I got lucky and got a ticket.  I could never afford those stubhub prices.  It's expensive enough to fly to NYC.  If I didn't have a free place to stay, I probably never would've gone to MSG 22 years ago.  I think I've flown there 12 or 13 times for concerts.  I love NYC.  I've seen shows at the Gorge, Alpine, Deer Creek, Wrigley, and so many other venues.  MSG will always be my favorite place to see a show.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• AlaGAlaG Posts: 976
    Prices probably won't come down for this. Less tickets sold in the public sale then ever. Fan club members were allowed to enter for 1 ticket, avoiding a ton of folks being burdened with extras. Fan to fan exchange will probably be super sparse but also your only shot at seats under 500 bucks.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    PJNB said:
    Killamjk said:
    Yeah.  I scored a single through TM on Saturday.  It won't be transferable or available until March 27, but people can still sell them on stubhub now.  They just don't get paid for a couple months.

I'm so glad I got lucky and got a ticket.  I could never afford those stubhub prices.  It's expensive enough to fly to NYC.  If I didn't have a free place to stay, I probably never would've gone to MSG 22 years ago.  I think I've flown there 12 or 13 times for concerts.  I love NYC.  I've seen shows at the Gorge, Alpine, Deer Creek, Wrigley, and so many other venues.  MSG will always be my favorite place to see a show.
    You only get access to your tickets to transfer them on Mar 27th at the earliest for NY?
  • IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 563
    edited January 2020
    Killamjk said:
    Not paying 400$ for nose bleeds
    Then you more than likely won't get in the door OR you'll have to wait just till show time to snag a few seats people are looking to just get rid of & get very lucky.  In 2016 I paid a bit over $200 for nosebleeds day of show (and that was a bargain compared to what had been on third party resale sites up till then) to give you context (that was with a full tour, full amount of stops in the NE and two at MSG).
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• AlaGAlaG Posts: 976
    Killamjk said:
    Then you more than likely won't get in the door OR you'll have to wait just till show time to snag a few seats people are looking to just get rid of & get very lucky.  In 2016 I paid a bit over $200 for nosebleeds day of show (and that was a bargain compared to what had been on third party resale sites up till then) to give you context (that was with a full tour, full amount of stops in the NE and two at MSG).
    To add a little more insight here, I paid $170 with fees for 200 level, front of stage at MSG that year. So even with less demand, prices went up not down.
  • If they played MSG like Billy Joel we would be all set  =)
  • AlaG said:
    Killamjk said:
    To add a little more insight here, I paid $170 with fees for 200 level, front of stage at MSG that year. So even with less demand, prices went up not down.
    People thinking that MSG tickets will magically fall to levels below this are just kidding themselves.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    AlaG said:
    Killamjk said:
    People thinking that MSG tickets will magically fall to levels below this are just kidding themselves.
    I agree. I’m going to give it another week or so. Then I’ll go through stubhub. It’s going to kill me, but the feeling I get from a pj concert is worth it. 
  • PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Killamjk said:

You only get access to your tickets to transfer them on Mar 27th at the earliest for NY?
    Yes.  If you got tickets and login to your TM account, it says they will be available on 3/27.  It even had a countdown, 60 days or something!
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Killamjk said:

Yes.  If you got tickets and login to your TM account, it says they will be available on 3/27.  It even had a countdown, 60 days or something!

PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Killamjk said:

that doesn't seem right. I have Denver tickets and am able to transfer them right now. Maybe its a NYC thing...who knows. I'd have a hard time believing that if someone wanted to sell F2F on Feb 18 in NYC that they would have to wait until 3 days before the show to get the tickets.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,533
    Killamjk said:

With fees cheapest nosebleeds are $600. And the cheapest tickets are selling at a good pace.

so much for entitlement.
  • ejk1280ejk1280 Posts: 84
    Yeah this is gonna get worse before it gets better unfortunately. I already bit the bullet
This discussion has been closed.