I go in with you, you go in with me. Nashville and MSG

I have 2 tickets to the Nashville show in section 109 right behind the stage. Because I am a Nashville Predators season ticket holder, they include access to the all you can eat, all you can drink Dierks Bentley Whiskey Row that is adjacent to the seats and still has a view of the stage. I'm looking to swap my second Nashville ticket for any ticket to MSG. Not to transfer tickets, because we can't do that this tour, but we just meet up before the show in each city. You're my plus 1 and I'm your plus 1 for these 2  shows that are 3 days apart. I live in Nashville and will already be in NYC the weekend of the Monday night MSG show.

Comments

• Who are the Nashville Predators? Can I still signup for season tickets and subsequently also go to Pearl Jam??
    2006 - Melb RLA night 1
    2009 - Sydney Brisbane Melbourne
    2011 - EV Sydney 1, 2, 3 & Canberra
    2014 - EV Sydney 1, 2, 3
    2020 - Hamilton, Baltimore, New York
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    DH30857 said:
    I have 2 tickets to the Nashville show in section 109 right behind the stage. Because I am a Nashville Predators season ticket holder, they include access to the all you can eat, all you can drink Dierks Bentley Whiskey Row that is adjacent to the seats and still has a view of the stage. I'm looking to swap my second Nashville ticket for any ticket to MSG. Not to transfer tickets, because we can't do that this tour, but we just meet up before the show in each city. You're my plus 1 and I'm your plus 1 for these 2  shows that are 3 days apart. I live in Nashville and will already be in NYC the weekend of the Monday night MSG show.

Understand scenarios like this how does the host for the 1st concert ensure that they are going to actually be the plus 1 for the 2nd show and not subject to some sort of scam?
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    DH30857 said:

Understand scenarios like this how does the host for the 1st concert ensure that they are going to actually be the plus 1 for the 2nd show and not subject to some sort of scam?
    Trust. The same way the guy from WA state paid in advance for 2 Wrigley tix I had and had enough trust in me that I would show up and pass them on. Met him on a street corner in Chicago and all was well. (Friends ended up winning 2 pair and I upgraded, so that is how I ended up with a pair to sell. Not a scalper.)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    I'm from NY so that's a challenge for me ;-)

So there is no way to transfer the +1 in advance?

Under this scenario or let's say something common like a friend is running late getting to the arena?
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    edited January 2020
    I'm from NY so that's a challenge for me ;-)

So there is no way to transfer the +1 in advance?

Under this scenario or let's say something common like a friend is running late getting to the arena?
    Well, in this scenario, you don't run late. :smiley:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • DH30857DH30857 Posts: 36
    I guess there's no way to prove it's not a scam, but I live here outside Nashville. I can show you my ID before we go in to MSG if that makes you feel better. I've done this a bunch before (I travel for work and time my business trips around PJ shows), just it's harder to do now because so may scalpers bought up the MSG show because you can sell them on Stubhub, but you can't transfer tickets for the Nashville show.

With PJ's new Ticketmaster ticketing rules, I can't transfer the +1 for the Nashville show. But I live here, and if you were running late, I would just walk to the door and scan you in, even if I'm already inside. Or I just wait on you as long as you aren't running so late that it's after the show has started. Plus you'll want to be on time because the all you can eat, all you drink area opens as soon as the doors open. We want to get our money's worth.

• DH30857DH30857 Posts: 36
    No go on the Preds season tickets. That's our hockey team and season ticket's are only available based on a waiting list at the end of each season.
  • BagCzechBagCzech Posts: 464
    Damn this is intriguing. 
    Thanks for the info. I was wondering if something like this is possible with the new rules. It's possible I wind up with a +1 for Balt and the only other show I can get to is MSG and I'm expecting there wont be much avail there. Hope you find it.

Plus, this forced me to reread the rules!

"ticket purchasers will be required to enter the venue with their guests. "
  • bwormerbwormer Posts: 4
    edited January 2020
    DH30857  - I am also in Nashville. I did not get seats through 10C or through the Ticketmaster sale. I'm happy to meet with you as early as you like for the Nashville show and compensate you so that you can be funded for your search of MSG tickets. let me know!

Per the rules, i'll pay face value for ticket and cash for the beers :)
    Post edited by bwormer on
    That's an awful lot of beer. You've seen the MSG prices?