Visually impaired ticket - Nashville show - accidentally bought

Hello,
I have acquired two tickets to the Nashville Apr 2 performance. The tickets were purchased separately as I was hoping to find better/closer seating than I originally had pre-sale. In a rush for completing the second (closer) ticket purchase, I realized it was labeled for visually impaired (sec 107, row BB).

Obviously I am conflicted about this additional ticket as I wanted closer tickets but certainly do not want to take away from someone else's experience that should use it instead. As these tickets are non-transferable and I'm not sure how the exchange itself will work. I am not sure the best way to remedy this as I don't need bad karma on my plate. I assume I can put one of the tickets up in the exchange when it becomes available? If not, if someone that is visually impaired can prove they are and would like the ticket I can potentially arrange to let them use my ticket somehow to get into the show while I use my original one.

Advice on how to handle this is welcome of course =)

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    Hello,
    I have acquired two tickets to the Nashville Apr 2 performance. The tickets were purchased separately as I was hoping to find better/closer seating than I originally had pre-sale. In a rush for completing the second (closer) ticket purchase, I realized it was labeled for visually impaired (sec 107, row BB).

Obviously I am conflicted about this additional ticket as I wanted closer tickets but certainly do not want to take away from someone else's experience that should use it instead. As these tickets are non-transferable and I'm not sure how the exchange itself will work. I am not sure the best way to remedy this as I don't need bad karma on my plate. I assume I can put one of the tickets up in the exchange when it becomes available? If not, if someone that is visually impaired can prove they are and would like the ticket I can potentially arrange to let them use my ticket somehow to get into the show while I use my original one.

Advice on how to handle this is welcome of course =)
    I would call TM
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • youre fine to use it. legally they cant tell you that you cant.
  • StupendousDaveStupendousDave Posts: 5
    edited January 2020

I would call TM
    Well I tried speaking to TM twice; on the phone and chat. Both came up stating the same thing. Official policy for these tickets is no refunds or exchanges for Pearl Jam. They are sticking with that regardless of the situation I laid out.

So I will see if one of the tickets can be put up on the exchange on Feb 18 when it becomes available.
    Post edited by StupendousDave on
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    You could use the ticket and trade with someone in the back of the section at the show.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,466
    edited January 2020
    You can always remove your eyes.  Then you could use the ticket and not feeling guilty about it.
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170

I would call TM
    Well I tried speaking to TM twice; on the phone and chat. Both came up stating the same thing. Official policy for these tickets is no refunds or exchanges for Peal Jam. They are sticking with that regardless of the situation I laid out.

So I will see if one of the tickets can be put up on the exchange on Feb 18 when it becomes available.
    I'll gladly take it off your hands if it could be arranged. I just want to be in the building and would love to see a show in Nashville. 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • StupendousDaveStupendousDave Posts: 5
    edited January 2020
    You can always remove your eyes.
    Hah, I think I'd rather get rid of the ticket, keep my shittier seat and feel good about myself not needing the accessibility seating because my eyes are at least somewhat decent.
    Post edited by StupendousDave on
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    You can always remove your eyes.
    Hah, I think I'd rather get rid of the ticket, keep my shitter seat and feel good about myself not needing the accessibility seating because my eyes are at least somewhat decent.

One word of caution - I'm not sure you're going to know to whom you're selling the ticket. They might still be taking the seat from someone who could use it. I still think you're better off trading seats with someone behind you in that section at the actual show.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • You can always remove your eyes.  Then you could use the ticket and not feeling guilty about it.
    or...bring your therapy animal  (two birds with one stone-thread reference and puppy picture to calm everyone down (not that anyone is worked up....it is just nice to have a puppy pic:
    Image result for mangy dog gif
  • KralkatlKralkatl Raleigh, NC Posts: 22
    Is the ticket for someone with visual impairment or is the visibility of the stage impaired in that seat? Why would a blind person (fully visibly impaired) need a special seat??
  • jjsimon99jjsimon99 Chicagoland Posts: 20
    Kralkatl said:
    Is the ticket for someone with visual impairment or is the visibility of the stage impaired in that seat? Why would a blind person (fully visibly impaired) need a special seat??
    Bingo.. you have a ticket with a fancy way of saying "obstructed view".

Orlando, Florida (August 23, 1992)
    Chicago, Illinois (June 18, 2003)
    Chicago, Illinois (August 23, 2009)
    Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013)
    Moline, IL (October 17, 2014)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Chicago 1 (August 18, 2018)
    Chicago 2 (August 20, 2018)
    St. Louis (April 4, 2020)

• jjsimon99jjsimon99 Chicagoland Posts: 20
    Looking the the arena map, you are to the side of the stage 2 rows off the floor. From my history of shows, there is a chance you are blocked from seeing the whole stage because of sound/lighting boards being in your view. That, and you are below the stage a bit. But standing for this show is a 100% probability - so you most likely have a kick ass seat. Keep it.

Orlando, Florida (August 23, 1992)
    Chicago, Illinois (June 18, 2003)
    Chicago, Illinois (August 23, 2009)
    Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013)
    Moline, IL (October 17, 2014)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Chicago 1 (August 18, 2018)
    Chicago 2 (August 20, 2018)
    St. Louis (April 4, 2020)

• Kralkatl said:
    Well, I have gotten tickets at other artists where an obstructed view was labeled just that, fully or partially obstructed view. In this case, the ticket had an accessibility label below it and was meant for partial or compromised vision.

So I don't think it is stating the view is limited, though it might be somewhat. The ticket was most definitely staying it was for visually impaired.
  • Kralkatl said:
    They don't need a special seat but if you're going to give a seat to a blind guy, give him the obstructed view, knowwhattimean?
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    What you should do is when you get to the venue, go to customer service. They usually have some holds for situations for ADA. My brother in law is in a wheelchair. The last time I did this, we had 4 Steelers tickets to a game, but day of, he did not feel up to attend. We went to customer service, told them that we had tickets for a handicap area and we did not feel right using them if someone who needed them could. They had someone there waiting for those tickets, the reps were very grateful, and gave us tickets in a much better section than we had with the Wheelchair tickets.  
    Similarly, if you have regular tickets and need ADA, show up and trade them at the customer service counter. We've done that as well. 
  • Evel KEvel K Posts: 526
    They don't need a special seat but if you're going to give a seat to a blind guy, give him the obstructed view, knowwhattimean?
    That sounds like something a former mayor of Toledo tried with the hearing impaired housing facility. He said "Put it by the airport!"  Needless to say, that did not go over well with the voters in the next election.
    Things were different then
  • ceskaceska Posts: 1,115
    At one of the past MSG shows, it must have been 2008, I apparently clicked the button for handicap seats not for regular tickets. MSG called me up a couple days later and asked what assistance I needed. Not knowing what was up, I said I didn't need assistance, and they canceled my order. Didn't set me up somewhere else in the building, just outright cancelled my order.
  • Evel K said:
    That sounds like something a former mayor of Toledo tried with the hearing impaired housing facility. He said "Put it by the airport!"  Needless to say, that did not go over well with the voters in the next election.
    BennyLaRue is proud to announce that he will be running for Mayor of Toledo with the slogan:
    -At least I am not as bad as the other guy-

Vote early and often
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532

I would call TM
    Well I tried speaking to TM twice; on the phone and chat. Both came up stating the same thing. Official policy for these tickets is no refunds or exchanges for Pearl Jam. They are sticking with that regardless of the situation I laid out.

at least wear an eye patch or something
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Evel K said:
    BennyLaRue is proud to announce that he will be running for Mayor of Toledo with the slogan:

Vote early and often
    As election prep, tell me, do M.A.S.H. references still do really well there?
  • JedJed New York City Posts: 1,175
    If someone needs ADA seating they will most likley contact the venue, not try to find an ADA seat during a general on sale. I would keep the ticket and not worry too much.
  • Evel K said:

Vote early and often
    Only slightly worse than Abe Vigoda/Barney Miller call-outs do.....
    Can I get a "hell-ya" for Fish?
    Image result for abe vigoda fish
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Evel K said:

Vote early and often
    Only slightly worse than Abe Vigoda/Barney Miller call-outs do.....
    Can I get a "hell-ya" for Fish?
    Image result for abe vigoda fish
    Lord knows I love Abe, but All in the Family references are where it's at.
  • Evel KEvel K Posts: 526
    Evel K said:

Vote early and often
    Not really. I don't think my kids in their twenties even know about M*A*S*H. Jamie Farr does have an annual LPGA tournament that does quite well. 
    Things were different then
  • Evel K said:
    Evel K said:

Vote early and often
    Not really. I don't think my kids in their twenties even know about M*A*S*H. Jamie Farr does have an annual LPGA tournament that does quite well. 
    See, you used the correct asterisks. You were set up.

M*A*S*H for the old people, meth for the young people. Got it.
  • Evel K said:
    Evel K said:

Vote early and often
    Good one....I will have to keep it on my Radar