Denver Public Sale Results

2»

Comments

• gatorjamgatorjam Posts: 187
    My friend got nose bleeds for Denver yesterday after being in the waiting room for the presale.  He tried to get better seat today and sold out. 
    2003-Tampa
    2006-East Rutherford
    2008-West Palm Beach
    2009- Philadelphia
    2016- Fort Lauderdale and Miami
  • RT228921 said:
    RT228921 said:
    I struck out on Denver show 3x and it looks like the F2F we're screwed too if I'm reading this correctly...

Pearl Jam has partnered with Ticketmaster to make sure fans get their tickets at face value. To achieve this, Pearl Jam has directed that tickets be non-transferable.* On the night of the show, all guests will be required to enter with the ticket purchaser. For fans that cannot use the tickets they have purchased, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer a Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange* beginning February 18. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange.

*Does not apply to shows in New York or Colorado.
    Yes for CO and NY there are laws saying that tickets purchased online have to be transferable at the buyers discretion, from what I've read. Thus they can't force fans to use the fan-to-fan method. This law needs to change as other states don't have this and the TM fan-to-fan has eliminated any Stubhub sales. Take a gander at Stubhub and you'll see there are no shows outside of NY and CO that are listed. It works and I wish CO would do the same. 
    I see. So does that mean there will NOT be a F2F platform for the Denver show or does it just mean that the F2F platform will not be the only one. Like you said, also Stubhub etc. 
    Not sure if there won't be, I just know that folks can transfer thru Stubhub or any Seat Scabbing site. Check it out on the 18th. There could be fans who want to make sure Fans get their seats instead of trying to make an extra buck. 
    One would hope - thanks for the help and info.
  • RT228921 said:
    Yes for CO and NY there are laws saying that tickets purchased online have to be transferable at the buyers discretion, from what I've read. Thus they can't force fans to use the fan-to-fan method. This law needs to change as other states don't have this and the TM fan-to-fan has eliminated any Stubhub sales. Take a gander at Stubhub and you'll see there are no shows outside of NY and CO that are listed. It works and I wish CO would do the same. 
    So you like having 0 ability to attend a show that is sold out?  Haven’t you ever heard of a show that sold out before you even knew they were coming to town?  I can’t imagine not being able to buy tickets on the secondary market.  Shows go on sale 6 months ahead of time often these days.  What if your schedule isn’t static and you can’t buy tickets 6 months before the show because you don’t know whether you will be in town on show day?  What if you did buy tickets and had a schedule change and now you dont have an avenue to sell the seats to someone else?  I can’t imagine a true live music lover who attends concerts on a regular basis and can see the big picture thinks 0 secondary market ticket options is good for the consumer.  The PJ MSG show is an outlier.
    Gorge
  • RT228921 said:
    So you like having 0 ability to attend a show that is sold out?  Haven’t you ever heard of a show that sold out before you even knew they were coming to town?  I can’t imagine not being able to buy tickets on the secondary market.  Shows go on sale 6 months ahead of time often these days.  What if your schedule isn’t static and you can’t buy tickets 6 months before the show because you don’t know whether you will be in town on show day?  What if you did buy tickets and had a schedule change and now you dont have an avenue to sell the seats to someone else?  I can’t imagine a true live music lover who attends concerts on a regular basis and can see the big picture thinks 0 secondary market ticket options is good for the consumer.  The PJ MSG show is an outlier.
    You're not thinking outside the box, you are set in only thinking of scalping Secondary Markest. What I'm saying that is that the Ticket Provider for the event sets up a peer-to-peer(Fan-to-Fan) exchange like ticketmaster, and any ticket bought originally thru them can be sold or bought in this fan-to-fan method. Its no different then Stubhub, just like Stubhub, you can sell or buy, but only at face or lower value. This is already in place in every US state PJ is touring this except CO and NY. Take a look at Stubhub and those are the only states being sold, all other tickets have to go thru the fan-to-fan exchange. 

From the Ticket Master site:

Heads Up—Important Info

To give fans the best chance to buy tickets at face value, the artist has requested tickets to this event be mobile only and non-transferable.

If you purchase a ticket and can’t attend, you can list your ticket for sale at the price you paid on our Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange starting Tuesday, February 18. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange.

• That sounds great, but what is the incentive for Ticketmaster or Stubhub to offer a fee free exchange?  Who pays to run it, offer it?Stubhub makes money from both the buyer and the seller as does Ticketmaster in fees.   Are you expecting the ticket sites to work for free?  Most likely Pearl Jam is paying TM something on behalf of the fans to offer this fee-free (to us) service.  We certainly know TM isn’t offering it to be nice.
    Gorge
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    edited January 2020
    RT228921 said:
    I struck out on Denver show 3x and it looks like the F2F we're screwed too if I'm reading this correctly...

Pearl Jam has partnered with Ticketmaster to make sure fans get their tickets at face value. To achieve this, Pearl Jam has directed that tickets be non-transferable.* On the night of the show, all guests will be required to enter with the ticket purchaser. For fans that cannot use the tickets they have purchased, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer a Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange* beginning February 18. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange.

Seems like you could have it both ways. I like the idea of transferable tickets, I always hated buying PJ tickets 6 months in advance knowing if something came up I would just have to eat the cost. Could it not be reasonable to require private party sales or second hand sales of tickets to be face value? This would essentially be all brokers and bots that buy to resell. 
    I assume artists would get behind that, i mean if tickers are selling for $1000 for MSG but PJ is only seeing about $100 of that, it sucks for them too that scalpers are making a killing off of their performance. 
    Post edited by mace1229 on
    Holy cow. Out of curiousity I just looked at stubhub for denver, they are crazy prices. Anything under $500 is behind the stage. 
    Is there a way to check what has sold? I'm really curious if these are just crazy people throwing tickets up for sale with the attitude of "well if someone will pay me $500 a ticket I'll sell it, otherwise I'm going myself."
  • If you have a Stubhub account, pretend like you are going to list a pair of tickets for sale, when you get to the pricing window you can look at sold listings.  Someone posted a sold listi g screen shot for msg on another thread.  Crazy prices being paid 
    Gorge
  • That sounds great, but what is the incentive for Ticketmaster or Stubhub to offer a fee free exchange?  Who pays to run it, offer it?Stubhub makes money from both the buyer and the seller as does Ticketmaster in fees.   Are you expecting the ticket sites to work for free?  Most likely Pearl Jam is paying TM something on behalf of the fans to offer this fee-free (to us) service.  We certainly know TM isn’t offering it to be nice.
     I'm sure the service charges will be bumped up a little to compensate for this service, but Bands would go to this to please their fans who don't wanna get gauged in the secondary market. Even if the buyer had to pay a smaller service charge but they get a ticket at face, its better than Stubhub scalping where you have to pay on both ends. 
  • mace1229 said:
    RT228921 said:

Seems like you could have it both ways. I like the idea of transferable tickets, I always hated buying PJ tickets 6 months in advance knowing if something came up I would just have to eat the cost. Could it not be reasonable to require private party sales or second hand sales of tickets to be face value? This would essentially be all brokers and bots that buy to resell. 
    I assume artists would get behind that, i mean if tickers are selling for $1000 for MSG but PJ is only seeing about $100 of that, it sucks for them too that scalpers are making a killing off of their performance. 
    What you are suggesting is pretty much exactly what PJ is attempting to do with the F2F exchange....but let’s face it, most bands will take ticket sales anyway they can get them and that includes scalpers and brokers.  Most bands are selling VIP and ‘platinum’ tickets to maximize revenue.  PJ has never done that and it’s super commendable.

I love Pink Floyd.  Roger Waters is going on tour again.  I can almost guarantee face value will be way way higher than Pearl Jam and they will employ vip seats, platinum seats and all the bullshit that drives their bottom line.  I will always respect PJ for their dedication to their fans.  The people that think 100.00 a ticket to see PJ is too expensive are just out of touch or dont attend many shows these days.
    Gorge
  • Guess what, when everyone started pirating music instead of purchasing it, bands had to figure out another way to make money and that has turned into higher ticket prices for concerts 
    Gorge
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    Guess what, when everyone started pirating music instead of purchasing it, bands had to figure out another way to make money and that has turned into higher ticket prices for concerts 

I am sure ticket prices would have gone up regardless.  95% of bands will charge the most they can for a product just like every other industry.   No promoter would ever say "well, we made enough on records, lets lower the price of the tickets".  

• hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    RT228921 said:

While Stubhub lists a lot of tickets above face value, it also allows you to price your tickets for much less, which ticketmaster used to not let me do to dump NFL preseason tickets I couldn't use. I'd rather recoup 25% of my cost than to waste the ticket and Stubhub allows people to do that. 
    Guess what, when everyone started pirating music instead of purchasing it, bands had to figure out another way to make money and that has turned into higher ticket prices for concerts 

I am sure ticket prices would have gone up regardless.  95% of bands will charge the most they can for a product just like every other industry.   No promoter would ever say "well, we made enough on records, lets lower the price of the tickets".  

True, but I would say the lack of money on record sales helped normalize and push it up faster
    I paid $23 for an Ac/DC show in 2001. 5 or so years later in the same venue the tickets were about $100. I saw the same happen with several bands. We saw tickets slowly rise in price over several years, and now when we see a price tag of $165 most people view that as normal now.
  • Tickets just dropped for Denver
  • Maybe 20
  • gatorjamgatorjam Posts: 187
    There are still some tickets, don't use the app, use the browser. I just tried and got some. Nose bleeds but you are in the building.
    2003-Tampa
    2006-East Rutherford
    2008-West Palm Beach
    2009- Philadelphia
    2016- Fort Lauderdale and Miami
  • Tickets just dropped for Denver
    They did..I just saw 3 seats...
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2013 Brooklyn (10/18, 10/19) Philadelphia (10/21, 10/22)
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2009 Albany 06/08 (Eddie Solo)
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
    2000 Saratoga Springs 08/27
  • BennyLaRueBennyLaRue Posts: 751
    edited January 2020
    gatorjam said:
    There are still some tickets, don't use the app, use the browser. I just tried and got some. Nose bleeds but you are in the building.
    A few second row side view when I was in there (out of public service - I will not scalp).
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    I will have Denver fan club best available pair,  if I can get a pair to either Baltimore or MSG.  If anyone is looking to make this trade, contact me.  
    Good luck all! 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?