Gigaton -- Full Album played in Baltimore?!?!

Why not? The album drops the day before?
Thoughts?

Comments

• ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,282
    edited January 2020
    Lol that title isn't clickbait in the slightest

My guess is either they will play it in full, or they will play some songs from it and other songs they did on previous albums.  Fingers crossed that I am right ;)

Post edited by ForceofNature101 on
  • LYackyLYacky Posts: 72
    I for one hope they don't but then again this is mine and my friend's first PJ concert so we want that perfect mix of hits, B sides, hidden gems, covers etc. all mixed together with maybe 3-4 songs tops from new album, including their latest single. I have several other friends who are seeing PJ for the first time this tour as well in another city and I know they def want that mix too. Guess it all depends on how many times you've seen PJ in concert already. 🤷‍♀️
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Full album shows feel less likely than before. Remember they have an opening act now. That could mean shows are only 2 hours - and then playing Gigaton would mean only an hour left for everything else.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Posts: 2,550
    Sarava said:
    Full album shows feel less likely than before. Remember they have an opening act now. That could mean shows are only 2 hours - and then playing Gigaton would mean only an hour left for everything else.
    Shows won’t be 2 hours 
  • MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,665
    It would be amazing to hear the entire new album (and throw in otherside and getaway).  Doesn't even have to be in order, just mix all the songs in throughout the set.

Odds of this happening... 0.00001%.  I imagine they need to ease into new songs.
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,361
    No
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,534
    Sarava said:

Opener can play a 40 min set and PJ has as much stage time as normal. I’m betting their new standard is 2.5 hours.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    A full album show for an album many won't even have heard yet would just kill the crowd. I think they'll sprinkle 7-8 of the new songs throughout the setlist and that's fine by me. This is what they did in Worcester when Lightning Bolt was released.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    Sarava said:
    Shows won’t be 2 hours 

From the impression I've gotten at the last few shows I've seen, even if Ed and the rest of the band only wanted to play for two hours, Mike would just stay out there rocking away for another 30-60 minutes. Pretty sure that's why we got Little Wing in Tampa.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,216
    No stop already with the full album request for shows , it’s already been done just let Ed do his thing with set lists! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • JimmyV said:
    A full album show for an album many won't even have heard yet would just kill the crowd. I think they'll sprinkle 7-8 of the new songs throughout the setlist and that's fine by me. This is what they did in Worcester when Lightning Bolt was released.
    This is likely accurate.  The two shows prior to LB's release had 7 and 9 new songs.  Playing the full album would take out most of the crowd for over an hour.  I have no doubt they'll play the full album over the course of the tour, but would not like to see it all in one night. 
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 792
    Could care less if it takes it out of the crowd lol.  Time for the new!  I’d love this too!
  • Deadman said:
    Could care less if it takes it out of the crowd lol.  Time for the new!  I’d love this too!
    How much less?