A Pearl Jam Family Reunion Story

1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
edited January 2020 in The Porch
I’ll try to be succinct here. Hopefully this is correct thread for this heartwarming story. 
In 2019 my uncle discovered he had a 37 year old son he never knew about.  A long story and I don’t want to write a book so I’ll fast forward through the history. Through the modern magic of DNA matching (23 and Me stuff) this “new” cousin of mine found another cousin which led to my aunt and mother doing some investigating and discovering this was indeed my uncle’s son given up for adoption in the 80s. 

He was raised in Southern Alberta and now lives in the Southwest USA.  His adopted parents were quite religious and he married, had three children and divorced and left the religion which prompted him to begin the search for my uncle. 

So he met his biological father and some family over Christmas this year. I am connected to him on Facebook and noticed that he had received a gift from his new wife of PJ tickets in Phoenix.  Well, my wife and I won 10c tix for Phoenix so I will have my opportunity to meet a cousin I didn’t know I had 6 months ago and his wife (who is hilarious on Facebook).  He is a very big fan from what I can gather and it would make sense that the Ten album would resonate with him.  I now have a family member who can understand my PJ fandom! 😂

He looks EXACTLY like his Dad. I would have said “Hey Unc!” if I saw him on the street.  “ Oh, dear dad, can you see me now? I am myself, like you somehow”.  Obviously I am even more excited for this concert than I was before (if that was possible).  It might be a pretty rough flight to San Diego the next day lol... could be a helluva party. Anyways I thought some of my Ten clubber friends would like to hear that story... Cheers and be kind... show the love. Peace.

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    That’s awesome! I hope you guys have a blast and form a strong relationship going forward. Enjoy the show!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • RenfieldRenfield Posts: 1,054
    <3 Enjoy your cousin & the show- great combination. 
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Posts: 1,269
    Very cool. An experience I’m sure you all will not forget.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    How wonderful!  I bet it'll be amazing for both of you.
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited January 2020
    Thanks everyone! 2019 was an amazing year for many reasons. 2020 is looking to be another one 👍🤙
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Oh man, that's great! How wonderful that your new cousin is also a PJ fan and that you can first meet in this way. And an amazing response by you and your family to knowledge that some would have really struggled with. Good luck!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Wow that's great!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • That's pretty awesome! Sounds like you won't have much time to visit with him down in Phoenix. Maybe he'll head over to SD with you as well.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    That's a hell of a story. Hope the meeting is great and you have a lifelong bond going forward.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • moleculemolecule Posts: 622
    Great story. Enjoy the show and the time spent together!
    🤙
  • That's pretty awesome! Sounds like you won't have much time to visit with him down in Phoenix. Maybe he'll head over to SD with you as well.
    Talking them into coming down on the 10th. Got 2 nights in Phoenix. You are right it will be short but still very cool.  Hopefully we can party it up a little bit on Friday 👍