No Longer A Fan

PROBABLY IN THE WRONG DISCUSSION CATEGORY:
Unable to purchase a ticket to the San Diego show through the venue, as I normally do because I need a handicapped seat, because Pearl Jam will not allow venues to sell tickets to their concerts a policy that I do not believe is in the best interests of the fans.  Entered the queue with less than 2,000 people ahead of me, got to 5th in line, and the website froze.  I cannot log out and log back in because I am told I am already in the queue, but I cannot return to my previous queue position.  Therefore, I was not able to get a ticket to see the Pearl Jam concert that I have been desperately waiting for for several years.  Rather than get upset about this, I have decided that even though I have been a fan since 1991, I am no longer a fan.  I will be cancelling my Ten Club membership as soon as I post this.

Comments

• Good golly, sorry to hear this.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Sometimes not every person is able to get tickets.  There are still ways to look for tickets today onwards if you so desire

It is one show, I would say leaving the entire fandom of a band you have been following since 1991 may be a bit extreme
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Stay up-to-date on the band's activism, giving projects, and news about their non-profit, the Vitalogy Foundation. Share your personal activism, giving, and projects with fellow fans and keep the ACTS of kindness coming!

Not at all in the right category.  This is where we generally talk about activism and good stuff. Another thread of the same stuff isn't exactly good stuff, but you'll have that.  

Happy trails.  

2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    oh come on, i'm 1-14 in lotto tix.  singles through public onsale used to be the best.... odd seat numbers in rows of odd numbered seats.  NO MORE.  They took that by offering singles through the fan club from us crafty folks.  I still got a nice seat cornered behind the stage today for MSG.  Quit the whining,  ANYWHERE in the building is a real fan perspective.  Wheelchair or not.

No one will like this post - call it cruel - it's not.  Get over yourself and your disability.  I got one too.

• PD279656PD279656 Posts: 119
    a lot of first post weirdos on these boards lately
  • PD279656 said:
    a lot of first post weirdos on these boards lately
    You noticed that as well eh.  Each of them have been a fan since the beginning. 
  • cardosocardoso Posts: 1,507
    My friend
    if i can say something, will say...

im pissed with this shit ticket system to, lost all ter GA (people of join in 10c last week get GA tickets/ Ticketmaster put me in a waitlist) is a complete shit...

....but, you know...we love this band...we love the sound, how this band still on the road and how they concern about the fans....
    sometimes the arenas guidelines is very bad and dont give the correct accessibility for all people who need some special atention.

maybe just sent a e-mail for 10c team, explain the situation, they will be comprehensive an give you attention, i guarantee.

Be strong and keep on rocking. Hope see you on the road.

All the best
    First: Porto Alegre, Brasil 28.11.2005 ........... Next:  Indianapolis, USA 27.08.2024
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    You either love this band and what they have done for you personally through their spirit... lyrics... music... activism.... or you don't.  Not getting tickets is no reason to disown a spiritual staple in your life.  Posts about not getting tickets because you feel entitled and siowning what they stand for really indicates you were never a diehard in the first place.  

enough out of me.  see ya on the road.

• I love everybody and @buck502000 hates everybody...