Seating map for the show in Oakland, California

Quick question, fellow ten club members - there's a relatively large section on the map that looks like it's behind the stage... Does anyone know how the band treats these segments during the show, if at all? Taking my young one with me and want him to experience the show like it was meant to be experienced :-) Thanks in advance!

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Quick question, fellow ten club members - there's a relatively large section on the map that looks like it's behind the stage... Does anyone know how the band treats these segments during the show, if at all? Taking my young one with me and want him to experience the show like it was meant to be experienced :-) Thanks in advance!

They sometimes start the second encore by singing a song like Last Kiss to the back. Also, Ed will probably give you guys a shout out. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,526
    You're generally watching the band from behind.   I think Ed will sing a song in that direction at some point.  
    We had behind stage seats in 2013 Seattle.   I don't recommend being in the upper deck.   I would try to be lower deck but not in the first 5-10 rows so that you're viewing angle is above the gear, but not so high things like lighting rigs block for view.
  • Thank you both!
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I would sit in the back but for last kiss? I would rather jump off the balcony. That’s an insult to those who sit behind the stage. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • WMAmoricanWMAmorican Posts: 247
    edited January 2020
    I got two in 125 for the 18th, in the very back of the section...it's in the corner on Stone's side. I sat in similar seats for one of the L.A. shows in 2013, it was actually really awesome. I wouldn't want to do it every time, but seeing the band dynamics, the crowd view as seen by the band, it's actually much cooler than you might think.

I wouldn't want to be TOO far back (I'm already pushing it with row 28 or whatever), and I sure as hell wouldn't want to be in the upper deck, but it's better than nothing. (Though it is a bit of an insult for the one song to be "Last Kiss," the lucky freaks in GA have it good enough, throw us a bone like "Hold On" or "Undone" or something and let them be envious for a change ; )
    Post edited by WMAmorican on
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I got two in 125 for the 18th, in the very back of the section...it's in the corner on Stone's side. I sat in similar seats for one of the L.A. shows in 2013, it was actually really awesome. I wouldn't want to do it every time, but seeing the band dynamics, the crowd view as seen by the band, it's actually much cooler than you might think.

I wouldn't want to be TOO far back (I'm already pushing it with row 28 or whatever), and I sure as hell wouldn't want to be in the upper deck, but it's better than nothing. (Though it is a bit of an insult for the one song to be "Last Kiss," the lucky freaks in GA have it good enough, throw us a bone like "Hold On" or "Undone" or something and let them be envious for a change ; )
    Listening to Given to Fly from 11/23/13 show as I type. Great shows. But what you said above. That’s where it’s at. Retire last kiss. It should have died with the Bridge School Benefit. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • I got two in 125 for the 18th, in the very back of the section...it's in the corner on Stone's side. I sat in similar seats for one of the L.A. shows in 2013, it was actually really awesome. I wouldn't want to do it every time, but seeing the band dynamics, the crowd view as seen by the band, it's actually much cooler than you might think.

Listening to Given to Fly from 11/23/13 show as I type. Great shows. But what you said above. That’s where it’s at. Retire last kiss. It should have died with the Bridge School Benefit. 
    Exactly...Maricor loved it every time, but BSB is over, let's move on ; )
  • MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394

125 in Oakland is pretty much a direct side seat. Not behind at all. Great seats. You'll be happy.
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• Someone please post the seating map in here so if I click on this again I won’t be let down. Not sure I can take it again.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • feederfeeder Boise, ID Posts: 81

"Have we got a show for you??  No, it's a question!" EV 5/12/22
  • Sweet relief.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • jazzbo26jazzbo26 Posts: 684
    Ticketmaster.com is hard to find I guess
  • feederfeeder Boise, ID Posts: 81
    jazzbo26 said:
    Ticketmaster.com is hard to find I guess
    Heyyyyy.....He might be too busy as the "Opening Band" to go to TM?!?
    "Have we got a show for you??  No, it's a question!" EV 5/12/22
  • I got two in 125 for the 18th, in the very back of the section...it's in the corner on Stone's side. I sat in similar seats for one of the L.A. shows in 2013, it was actually really awesome. I wouldn't want to do it every time, but seeing the band dynamics, the crowd view as seen by the band, it's actually much cooler than you might think.

when you got your tickets today did you put in best available or did you have the option for just seats?
    Live & Loud: A list of every concert I've been to.
    Vintage Four Wheels: If you like vintage cars.

2022: Oakland 1, Oakland 2 • 2018: Seattle 1 • 2014: Mountain View (BSB) • 2013: Philadelphia 1, Philadelphia 2, Oakland • 2011: Oakland 1 (EV), Oakland 2 (EV) • 2009: San Francisco (Outside Lands) • 2008: Berkeley (EV) • 2006: San Francisco 1, San Francisco 2 Mountain View (BSB) •  2000: Mountain View • 1999: Mountain View (BSB) • 1992: Stanhope (Lollapalooza)

when you got your tickets today did you put in best available or did you have the option for just seats?
    I'd read about how things had gone in previous time zones and suggestions from people (sometimes conflicting!) but wanted to try to pick  seats myself, so I did it this way: I was only going to try for Saturday, so I went to the waiting room, and then 10:00 hit, the counter went to zero...and nothing. So I frantically tried Sunday and immediately got in the queue with, like, 300 people ahead of me. I went back to the Saturday tab, hit refresh, and got put in the queue - behind 2,000 people. So I tabbed between the two, wanting Saturday but wondering if I should go for Sunday since I was closer, then I got in for Sunday (well after 10:10) and there were scattered seats in 125, 126, 117 and 118 and a ton in the upper deck. So, fearing if I bought Sunday I might not have a chance for Saturday, I tabbed back to Saturday, waited to get in, which was just a few minutes - and same situation as far as availability. But the few seats together in those lower sections disappeared quickly for both nights; I tried several times thinking I'd snagged a few, but was always told another fan had gotten them. 

I was literally about to give up, but I noticed pairs or even three occasionally popping back up, though as soon as I tried to grab them they'd be gone. And though I'd have preferred to be on Mike's side, I wanted Saturday and at some point noticed the two rows of three in the very back of 125 that had the third seats empty, right in front of each other. So I said WTF and grabbed them. Now I'll just see where my 10c seats are, they could be GA which is obviously great but splits us apart. If I get seats, I'm hoping they're on that same side of course, ideally in 127. Really don't to be in A, B or C, but whatever.

So, that's my ridiculously long answer to your simple question...