Question - can the same person get 10C and verified fan tickets to the same show?

know1know1 Posts: 6,794
Won 10C tickets in the lottery and want to try and take 3 friends to the show.

None of them registered for verified fan, but I did. 

Since the person who purchases the tickets has to enter with those ticket (same with my 10C), can I even do this?

I envision walking into the building with my 10C seats and 1 friend, but then how do the other 2 get in with the verified fan seats when I'm already in the door? 
The only people we should try to get even with...
...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.

Comments

• Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 661
    Yes, my question is if you get GA 10C and your buddy has seats can they enter the building with you early from the GA line?!?
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ
    09SEP2024 - Philadelphia, PA
    12SEP2024 - Baltimore, MD

• rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    These are great questions. 
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    Who I Am said:
    Yes, my question is if you get GA 10C and your buddy has seats can they enter the building with you early from the GA line?!?
    You could just wait and enter with them. 
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    know1 said:

Since the person who purchases the tickets has to enter with those ticket (same with my 10C), can I even do this?

I envision walking into the building with my 10C seats and 1 friend, but then how do the other 2 get in with the verified fan seats when I'm already in the door? 
    This was already answered by the fanclub and tm how this works on day one.

SafeTix™ Ticket Transferability Information
    SafeTix mobile tickets will be issued for all tickets for all shows. These tickets will be non-transferable, (except in NY and CO where transferability is required by state law), which means that ticket purchasers will be required to enter the venue with their guests. SafeTix tickets use a unique barcode that automatically refreshes every few seconds so they cannot be screenshot or counterfeited. SafeTix tickets require a smartphone to display. No other tickets will be accepted for entry.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

I'm sure there will be more questions like this. .. I don't think the organizers of these rules thought of all the details .  Nope.

There  are so many real scenarios that will be f"ucked by the "ticket holder must enter with purchaser' ridiculousness. 
    I thought the purpose of Verified Fan was to identify Fans. Because the tickets can't be rightfully transferred (as the need to do so is real) means that Ticketmaster doesn't trust its own Verified Fan process . 

This is bad

• PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    rollings said:
    I'm sure there will be more questions like this. .. I don't think the organizers of these rules thought of all the details .  Nope.

There  are so many real scenarios that will be f"ucked by the "ticket holder must enter with purchaser' ridiculousness. 
    It is pretty freaking straight forward and thought out, which is why they went to great lengths to make it clear that with the SafeTix you need to enter the building with the ticket holder.  

What is a real scenario that is fucked by this?  Everyone knows what time the concert starts.  Don't pick a ticket buddy that can't commit to being there at that time.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    PB11041 said:
    know1 said:

SafeTix mobile tickets will be issued for all tickets for all shows. These tickets will be non-transferable, (except in NY and CO where transferability is required by state law), which means that ticket purchasers will be required to enter the venue with their guests. SafeTix tickets use a unique barcode that automatically refreshes every few seconds so they cannot be screenshot or counterfeited. SafeTix tickets require a smartphone to display. No other tickets will be accepted for entry.  
    That doesn't answer my question. If I have 4 tickets to the show via 10C and verified fan (2 each), can I actually get 3 people other than myself through the door?

Or since they are sets of 2 together, will I not be able to do this? 

PB11041 said:
    know1 said:

Yes it was explained how it "works" except what if you have 10c tix and VF Tix and one is in GA and the other is not.  GA you enter early. RES you can't. Then what?

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    PB11041 said:
    rollings said:

It is pretty freaking straight forward and thought out, which is why they went to great lengths to make it clear that with the SafeTix you need to enter the building with the ticket holder.  

What is a real scenario that is fucked by this?  Everyone knows what time the concert starts.  Don't pick a ticket buddy that can't commit to being there at that time.
    I'm thinking this isn't a problem if both sets of tickets are reserved, but what if one set is reserved and one is GA?

I'd also be curious to see how this works at stadium shows like Fenway, where you might be asked to enter through different gates (I don't think this is an issue at most arena shows).
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    edited January 2020
    PB11041 said:
    rollings said:

I get that, but here is a third variation of my question :

I purchase 2 sets of 2 safetix each with my ticketmaster account for a total of 4 tickets. The 2 sets aren't together.

If the 4 of us are at the entrance at the same time, will I be able to get us all into the show?

And then how will the 2 people not sitting with me get to their seats? 

Also for most concets ,. SafeTix ARE transferrable.  Pearl jam disabled this convenient feature. 
    Where did the guy with all the answers go? :skull: