Options

How good are the reserved seats for the 10C members??

I scored some tickets to the toronto show but my tickets are not available yet. I was wondering if anyone has info on the reserved seats they got from the 10C presale? Should I be trying to get tickets on Friday just in case I get terrible seats through 10C? Hopefully all this is fixed by scoring GA :D 

Thanks!

Carlos

Comments

• Options
    The worst 10C seats are generally better than the best TM seats.

Some exceptions for side stage seats and single tix, but it is unlikely that you will score a better pair.
  • Options
    It depends on your seniority. I am 4xx,xxx and was able to get better pairs for Seattle Home Shows via TM.
  • Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 563
    The best seats available.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Your ten club seats are probably better than you can get today, but that's not for sure. I wouldn't bother unless for some reason you need more than 2 seats together. Remember, you cant stubhub extra tickets. You would need to use that fan to fan program that starts next month to sell off any extras.
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    JK109224 said:
    This is not true anymore. SOME of the best seats will be 10C, but the trade off of them getting nearly double the amount of tickets for 10C is that they are spread out further and further. 

Plenty of members with 400xxx numbers were in the very top sections of the Home and Away shows.

There WILL be seats offered during Verified Fan and the general sale that will be better than SOME 10C seats. This is the trade off of getting more seats for the fan club. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    It’s possible you could get floor reserved behind GA which are sometimes terrible if you are short. I prefer first few rows side stage to even GA. But yeah, the stadium shows were all over.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    JK109224 said:
    This is not true anymore. SOME of the best seats will be 10C, but the trade off of them getting nearly double the amount of tickets for 10C is that they are spread out further and further. 

Plenty of members with 400xxx numbers were in the very top sections of the Home and Away shows.

There WILL be seats offered during Verified Fan and the general sale that will be better than SOME 10C seats. This is the trade off of getting more seats for the fan club. 
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm member # 495xxx, and my Wrigley seats in 2018 were significantly better than in 2016, despite them garnering more seats and potentially pushing us all back. Maybe you're referring to Seattle, Missoula or Fenway though? I dont think any 400xxx member had upper level seats at Wrigley.

That said, the reason I said not for sure to him was. I got a verified code in 2018, and played around with it since I was home and curious. I could of scored 4 tickets like 3 or 4 rows off the field, which were quite a bit better than what ten club gave me. Of course, I passed on buying them since I had seats.
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    I didn't have upper seats for Fenway and I'm 442xxx
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I would go with 10C seats before TM.  I'm 172xxx and have had good seats but also ended up in sections where I am scratching my head asking how I ended up sitting with people with much higher numbers.  I'ts not a flawless system by any means.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited January 2020
    Used to find out at will call on the day of show.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,865
    This is just my opinion after decades of dealing with TicketMaster and Next for PJ and others (I knew of the fan club in the late 90s, but I didn't realize you could get tickets through them until after the 2000 tour, and even then, I only maintained my membership through one tour) - my seats might suck with my 540xxx number, and I *might* be able to get better tickets in VF or the public sale, but the perk of the lottery is that I don't have to deal with the stress of buying through TicketMaster. Of course, with years of buying public sale tickets, I'm used to sitting in the nosebleeds/crappiest seats in the house, so I'm definitely in the "happy to be in the building camp".

So, you have to ask yourself: is the possibility that your seats might be a little bit better worth the stress of trying to deal with a public sale on TicketMaster?
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    Better than the ones in 9C
  • Options
    fgdanzifgdanzi Posts: 136
    500xxx number and I’ve really only been somewhat disappointed with my TC seats one time, Chicago 2016 night 1. I only use VF in cases where I need a couple of additional tickets for my boys. 
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    Really depends on your number.  But I remember meeting an online buddy in Hartford back in 2010. He had used fanclub tix and I had bought from TM.  I had better seats than he did.  His number was in the mid 300's I think. He was pretty annoyed.  
  • Options
    I don't even want to think about this haha.  I'm buying tickets for a friend via presale today and I'd be kinda pissed if my 10C tickets weren't as good.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    Remember, what makes a "good" seat is subjective.

You have seats two sections closer but I have a clearer view of the entire stage - who has the better seats? 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

You have seats two sections closer but I have a clearer view of the entire stage - who has the better seats? 
    After seeing what's available for presale at MSG, I'm no longer concerned lol
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    JK109224 said:

400xxx is middling at this point. Not even in the latter 50%. I was 3 rows away from being on the field at Fenway.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    alg2772 said:

Some exceptions for side stage seats and single tix, but it is unlikely that you will score a better pair.
    Definitely not true anymore. As stated in the announcement, in order to obtain more tickets they had to include some that are far back. In the stadium tour this included some in the nose bleeds with obstructed views.
    But it all depends on your seniority. I've never had seats worth complaining about, but newer members might be unimpressed with their seats this tour.
  • Options
    DeegzDeegz Posts: 64
    Thank you all for the input. Really do appreciate it. I’m still hopeful I might end up with GA but we’ll have to see. I might(but not likely)try to see what’s available through TM on Friday but I’ll probably just stick with my 10C tickets. 

Did all you folks already get your tickets allocated to you?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    edited January 2020
    JimmyV said:

After seeing what's available for presale at MSG, I'm no longer concerned lol
    :lol:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    alg2772 said:

Definitely not true anymore. As stated in the announcement, in order to obtain more tickets they had to include some that are far back. In the stadium tour this included some in the nose bleeds with obstructed views.
    But it all depends on your seniority. I've never had seats worth complaining about, but newer members might be unimpressed with their seats this tour.

I really think we should stop using the stadium shows (especially Fenway) as a gauge for arena shows.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

• Options
    SJ54844SJ54844 Denver Posts: 23
    10C tickets won’t be in the nosebleed sections or behind the stage. The maps were clearly highlighted with potential sections. 
  • Options
    gatorjamgatorjam West Palm Beach, Florida Posts: 187
    I am a 400,xxx number, for the Ft Lauderdale show my seats were lower bowl a few sections from the stage.  Not bad, for the Miami show I was further away and I can tell I was mixed in with ticketmaster people.  So it is hit or miss depending on the venue.  
    2003-Tampa
    2006-East Rutherford
    2008-West Palm Beach
    2009- Philadelphia
    2016- Fort Lauderdale and Miami
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

This happened to me in 2003. Buddy had a higher number, was closer to the stage, but on the side, while I had a more straight-on, but farther back, view.

• Options
    RobZRobZ Park City, Utah Posts: 181
    I joined 10C in Jan 2018...670xxx...won tix to Aug 2018 Missoula show, Grizz Stadium, smallish college football stadium....I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised how good the seats were...2 sections back from stage, 6 rows off the field....I estimated our seats to be at least 70% better than most
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    gatorjam said:
    I am a 400,xxx number, for the Ft Lauderdale show my seats were lower bowl a few sections from the stage.  Not bad, for the Miami show I was further away and I can tell I was mixed in with ticketmaster people.  So it is hit or miss depending on the venue.  
    I’m a 400 too and was at those shows. My FtL tix were on the floor behind GA and my Miami were first section side stage lower level.  I immediately gave my floor seats away to folks we were with and used their lower bowl tix from TM as mine, I hate those seats behind GA
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    lfitzpatrick9lfitzpatrick9 NJ Posts: 372
    I would say any reserved ticket for TC is much better than the garbage TM had for today's "verified fan bullshit palooza". MSG only had seats behind the stage so if you won reserved tickets for that show you are one lucky son of a b.
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,914
    I'm 251XXX joined between Binaural and Riot Act closer in time to the latter.  I've had mixed but usually good results.  Irvine 2003, I couldn't believe how far back I was.  Stadium, close to 1/2 way back.  As far back as soundboard.  But center and I had a great view.  San Diego 2003, row-T, 2/3rds of the way back on the floor.  I'm 5'10" and I could only see the band's heads in-between people in front of me.  I might as well have been in my car.  But then, it got better over time.  There was a lot of dialog back then about sides vs. floor.  After that, (Avocado, Backspacer, Lightning Bolt), it has been up the side, Stone's side and not too far away.  That was a big dialog and 10c really and thankfully took it to heart and made a change.  Up-the-sides was so much better for me. 
    I also think that now, there are probably a lot of holes in-between 1 and 251XXX.  People move on, lapse, whatever.  That effectively should move me closer. 
    Also, with GA, that is a mixed bag.  The bad part is I'll never be in the 1st few rows of reserved seating because that's now GA.  But if I can't muscle up to the front, then the aforementioned "can't see because I'm not tall" thing happens again.  And the older you get, the more frequently you have to pee.  So in GA, doing so loses your spot.  The good thing about GA is that my up-the-side spot may get closer because they're able to cram a lot of 10C members into that small GA space leaving fewer 10c members who need to be allocated to reserved seating.  I'm hoping for the best which would be up the sides, not too far back, not too high.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    I wish we had a choice or we could say the general area that we'd like. I'm honestly just thankful I was selected with my Ten club this time and I'm grateful to be going to at least one show, in Denver. I picked reserved seats. My number is the 171xxx range.