Dear Pearl Jam: Please play "Amongst the Waves" ---A St. Louis, 2020 Show Request

pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
edited January 2020 in The Porch
Ok Pearl Jam fans I know how much you men and women mostly hate these request and to be honest I have never asked for and never thought I would have one until now........

So some of you know me off and on this site for years and I disappeared for around 3 years. In that time I was battling a toxic relationship which led to my identity being stolen and in a legal battle that cost me money and time. In that time I pretty much lost EVERYTHING...including my job, time with my daughter, and so forth. OK, so let me get to the point of this story. The woman that wasn't chosen over my toxic relationship came back into my life about a year ago while I was going thru this ordeal with my ex. We began talking and rekindling what we once had before I was naive, was stupid,and thought I could run away and save this other woman from herself. Lets get real the woman I passed over was wife material from the start and I was afraid to take that plunge as I was a single Dad trying to figure his life out and didn't know if I could take her and her child on. I took the single, I need a knight in shining armor route and you already know how that went, right? So, the woman (Angela) who I passed over those years ago ,we developed a relationship again and fell in love (again) and on March 31st,2020 in Florida (we both live in St. Louis) are going to get married and start a life together that should have started 3 years ago. I have a song request and its important to me because when I got sober back during the Backspacer era,  I got "Amongst the Waves" tattooed on my forearm, to celebrate the opportunity at second chances. Now, I'm getting a second chance and a forever with a woman that I don't deserve a second chance with, but will live to the last breath I take at letting me love and take care of her and her daughter. They are my priority now and a second chance at a life i never thought I would get or deserve again.

I get to take Angela to her first show April 4th, 2020 in St. Louis after we get married and this show will cap off what will be an amazing wedding week and I can't wait to share with her what we all love about Pearl Jam....Thank you all if you read this and have a great PJ2020
Post edited by pjalive21 on

Comments

• rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    You need to edit your post and put the song request in the title or they won't do it.  That's just part of PJ's bylaws. 
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    rollings said:
    You need to edit your post and put the song request in the title or they won't do it.  That's just part of PJ's bylaws. 

should have know better! thanks rollings
  • MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,665
    Looks like you need to get away from a part of your life, so I hope they play “getaway” in St. Louis in your honor!
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    bump
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 655
    It would be better than hearing Just Breathe or Future Days again.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.