Options

** HBO:s "The Outsider" :: Michael Bluth finally snaps **

Anyone watching? 3 Episodes out so far. 

The first thing I noticed - damn, everyone needs to buy some new lightbulbs. How can you even see in the darkness?

When is a prison ever this moody?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    I've been watching. Need to rewatch episode 3, but it's pretty good so far. Whatever "spirit/demon" is causing the chaos feels similar to the Kid from Castle Rock at the moment. We'll see how the story unfolds!
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    So far so good. I made a choice to watch the show before reading the book. 
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    edited January 2020
    Read the book and am struggling some with the series, but I like some things they have done a lot.

Enjoying it...the struggles have more to do with the internal dialogue that King writes so well translating to the screen.  Tough to understand some stuff (so far) if you didn't read.  

Like the moody shooting and the casting.  
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383
    I also read the book first, but I think they’re doing a solid job with the series so far. We watched episode 3 tonight and my wife (that doesn’t read King) is a tad freaked out. I love his writing (just started the Institute) and I’m not giving anything away.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    Yeah I didn't know there was a book so I wasn't expecting it to go down this road. Freaky as fuck but I like it.

I like having Curb and that other nonsense show on right after to lighten the mood though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Turned a tad too bunch The X Files in episode 3 for me.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Turned a tad too bunch The X Files in episode 3 for me.
    Yeah I was hoping it would not go in that direction. Again--I knew nothing going in. But I've invested three hours.....MUST SEE IT THROUGH NOW.

I like the black chick. She's quirky!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Episode 5 is already available for streaming. We watched last night. I'm loving the show so far! Really creepy and intense. The preview for the remaining episodes is really good. 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    I needed the cc on for the hoodie guy. Would like it to pick up a little.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Overall was meh. Disappointing. When did Holly get scratched?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    The book was, as usual SO much better.

It had good acting and was interesting, but a letdown after I though the book was pretty good.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,703
    JK_Livin said:
    she didnt.....

neither did Jack.....   she was spooked is all.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    JK_Livin said:
    she didnt.....

looks like they showed a scratch on her arm during the credits. Also, who were the 2 people Ralph saw in the cave? 
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JK_Livin said:
    she didnt.....

looks like they showed a scratch on her arm during the credits. Also, who were the 2 people Ralph saw in the cave? 

I think one was his son and one was the boy who was (not) killed by Bluth

I also think they showed a scar/scratch there and that it was a tease...I prefer to think she just scraped it during the rock fall and that  this is the last we see of this show.  They opened by calling it the Season Finale.  I thought it was a one-and-done.
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JK_Livin said:
    she didnt.....

I also think they showed a scar/scratch there and that it was a tease...I prefer to think she just scraped it during the rock fall and that  this is the last we see of this show.  They opened by calling it the Season Finale.  I thought it was a one-and-done.
    I liked it despite not having read the book and not even knowing the book existed--maybe that's why I liked it more than you.

Had the same questions as JK....makes sense about him seeing his son and the kid who Bateman didn't kill. 

Regarding Holly....wasn't Cuku's face turning into hers, though, when Ralph killed him?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JK_Livin said:
    she didnt.....

I liked it despite not having read the book and not even knowing the book existed--maybe that's why I liked it more than you.

Had the same questions as JK....makes sense about him seeing his son and the kid who Bateman didn't kill. 

Regarding Holly....wasn't Cuku's face turning into hers, though, when Ralph killed him?

I thought that as well -- but did not go back and re-watch.  I know he went through all of the people we saw/learned he was during the show but one of them looked like it might have been Holly.

I still enjoyed it - but they changed so much of the story it was tough (as it often is) to get around that.

• Options
    JK_Livin said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JK_Livin said:
    she didnt.....

I thought that as well -- but did not go back and re-watch.  I know he went through all of the people we saw/learned he was during the show but one of them looked like it might have been Holly.

I still enjoyed it - but they changed so much of the story it was tough (as it often is) to get around that.

Oh okay...that makes sense too. 

Yeah they're never as good as the books. Man in High Castle was close. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,703
    JK_Livin said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JK_Livin said:
    she didnt.....

I saw that as morphing into the most recent people going backwards.

as for scratches, he didnt move when she stabbed him. and the rock fall has just happened, so a scratch if there were one on either her or Ralph would have come from that. She DID feel her neck when she was home, but we never saw that metaphysical entering like we did with Jack.

gonna rewatch to see if I can pick up what you all saw.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    We liked it. Definitely started out strong and then stumbled a bit. But an entertaining watch. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."