OFFICIAL TM PLATINUM ????? PJ...please ...say it ain't so.

Comments

• fgdanzifgdanzi Posts: 137
    PB11041 said:
    What does this mean?  How does one get access to Official Platinum and what does it include?
    you get a date with junbugtn24

:lol:

Not sure my body can take that
    Hilarious! 
  • Call me naive, call me a dog but I don’t think the platinum tickets will push 10c seats further back necessarily 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,586
    mace1229 said:
    PB11041 said:
    If they are selling these for Vitalogy Foundation I guess I really don't care.  But mostly I also don't care if some schmuck wants to pay like $1,500 to see Pearl Jam.  Also, somebody paid $400 to see Ricky Gervais?  I really think he is quite funny, but that is nuts.
    I am sort of thinking the same thing. People get mad when scalpers buy up all the tickets and sell them for an inflated price that the market will pay. So now they change the way tickets are sold so that can't happen and sell a small number of tickets themselves at a price the market will pay and people still get upset. Not sure I see the problem other than people wanting the best tickets for the cheapest price.

As I have said before the only real way to eliminate scalping is to price tickets high enough so there is no profit to be made by scalpers or to play so many shows that you basically flood the market.
    Or just do a real tour. They create a huge demand by playing a handful of shows every few years where most people have to travel to see them.
    If they go back to plying 50 shows every other year the demand would go down.
    No one has to travel. We all make choices based on what we can afford. My nearest spot to see them was Stl, 8 hour drive away. Considered and then decided against it. Just don't want to shell out that much money. Maybe they'll tour closer in the fall and maybe not.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • BennyLaRueBennyLaRue Posts: 751
    edited January 2020
    Call me naive, call me a dog but I don’t think the platinum tickets will push 10c seats further back necessarily 
    I will not call you naive or a dog because those seats were always held back by TM, even if they didn't call them Platinum.

I will call you...Larry.
  • Call me naive, call me a dog but I don’t think the platinum tickets will push 10c seats further back necessarily 
    This.  I think it’s more likely to impact the day of box office drop.  There are some badass seats that get released the day of.  Better than most 10c reserved I’ve had
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    100 Pacer said:
    Someone, somewhere, received a terminal diagnosis today. Try to keep things in perspective. 
    Yes exactly. Unless you’re dying, nothing should ever bother you.
  • Ugh, what if both happened to you?
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    Ugh, what if both happened to you?
    Yes you’re right. It may sound insensitive, but I just don’t agree with a terminal diagnosis being the only thing that gives you the right to complain. That’s it. It’s just a grim comment on a thread about people venting their frustration about something, regardless of how mundane it may be 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,533
    nicknyr15 said:
    Sports teams, Broadway, the Opera, etc. all charge premium prices for premium tickets 

But damn it that rock band better not charge one penny more than $98 for next to stage tickets, after I steal their album on Napster. 
    Is this a joke? I’m not an expert on platinum seats, nor do I know how they will play out with PJ. But I did watch it with Tools tour and here’s what saw:

shows went on sale 
    shows “sold out”
    weeks later, miraculously, whole rows of BLUE dots appeared for double to triple the original price during the initial on sale. I actually called TM to ask how these whole rows became available. I was told it was cancellations or credit card declines  😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 what a fuckin joke answer. What a coincidence that a whole row of diff people canceled at the same time. What are the odds? 

So, they created false demand by staggering the release of tickets and claiming initially it was a sell out, then double the price based on demand. Demand that they created. Does that sound right to you? 

No. The promoter holds back a limited selection of tickets and tries to price them at market value. That explanation sounds like someone at TM giving out bad info.

When Tool platinum for NY area went on sale, the average price was about $400, almost exactly the same as stub hub  prices.

When alot of the platinums did not sell, the prices slowly dropped to about $275. Then day of show many of them sold for face value.

PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    I am curious if people are going to be ok with their 10 club seats getting pushed back further and further for these platinum seats. 

So they made a lifelong contract with fans in 1991 and created a permanent entitlement for every publicly sold seat?
    Who said every sold seat? We are talking the best seats in the house that 10 Club has always tried to have access too. 

I have a high number and actually like the chance at a close seat at a premium. I think people that have been with the club since the 90's would disagree with me though. Take a look at the MSG seat location from 2016 and you will get an idea what people really think. 

I agree with your comments on platinum. I think seniority is important but to tell newer members you will never ever get a decent or close seat, that's a profound statement to a large  category of fans .

To allow some seats into platinum, or gag, have a random seat category in the lotto for a supply similar to GA, then you'd see a revolt. 

They did do something similar to platinum at Fenway with the Foundation tickets. Good cause, but the prices were $750. Too rich for my budget.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,552
    just noticed this for the headstones/tea party/.big wreck/moist tour. first few rows are triple the price of all the others. who is paying $300+ for these bands? I'm a massive fan and NOT ME
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• nautical_disasternautical_disaster Posts: 285
    edited January 2020
    just noticed this for the headstones/tea party/.big wreck/moist tour. first few rows are triple the price of all the others. who is paying $300+ for these bands? I'm a massive fan and NOT ME

1997 me would be super stoked to see this show

Edit: But never for that price!

Post edited by nautical_disaster on

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• kaw753kaw753 Posts: 836
    We shall call this the "Re-Living Frosh Week 1995" tour. My friends and I always joked that Our Mother Moist was the greatest Canadian band of all time.

kaw753 said:
    We shall call this the "Re-Living Frosh Week 1995" tour. My friends and I always joked that Our Mother Moist was the greatest Canadian band of all time.
    all these are still making good music, for the record. 

www.headstonesband.com

• just noticed this for the headstones/tea party/.big wreck/moist tour. first few rows are triple the price of all the others. who is paying $300+ for these bands? I'm a massive fan and NOT ME

kaw753 said:
    all these are still making good music, for the record. 
    full disclosure: I thought Big Wreck was the only one still making music lol

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,213
    Ah never mind ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    PB11041 said:
    What does this mean?  How does one get access to Official Platinum and what does it include?
    you get a date with junbugtn24
    I typically don't laugh out loud at comments on the board, but this?

• ZodZod Posts: 10,526
    Not me.  I think we paid $69.50 for 8th row.  I thought that was a lot.   We've been watching these bands play in smallish bars for the last who knows how many years.   Headstones are amazing in small venues.  The only one I hadn't see in a while was moist.   Not since they played the old arena (where they tore the house down).   No my bar is super high, but I'm pretty stoked to see them.

Still, even at the regular prices the show isn't selling out fast at all.  Four bar bands playing an arena.......
  • gobr0309gobr0309 Posts: 166
    edited January 2020
    nicknyr15 said:
    Sports teams, Broadway, the Opera, etc. all charge premium prices for premium tickets 

But damn it that rock band better not charge one penny more than $98 for next to stage tickets, after I steal their album on Napster. 
    Is this a joke? I’m not an expert on platinum seats, nor do I know how they will play out with PJ. But I did watch it with Tools tour and here’s what saw:

shows went on sale 
    shows “sold out”
    weeks later, miraculously, whole rows of BLUE dots appeared for double to triple the original price during the initial on sale. I actually called TM to ask how these whole rows became available. I was told it was cancellations or credit card declines  😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 what a fuckin joke answer. What a coincidence that a whole row of diff people canceled at the same time. What are the odds? 

So, they created false demand by staggering the release of tickets and claiming initially it was a sell out, then double the price based on demand. Demand that they created. Does that sound right to you? 
    Good news is that if nobody buys the overpriced platinum seats they sell them at face value eventually. Been watching Tool tickets for tomorrow night and a few dozen good lower level side seats were high priced this morning and face value tonight. Gonna wait til near showtime and pick up a great seat for under face value from one of the many scalpers who haven't sold their stubhub tickets
    Post edited by gobr0309 on
    Minneapolis 2011 - Ed Uke / Charlotte 2013 / Phoenix 2013 / San Diego 2013 / LA 1 & 2 2013 / Memphis 2014 / St. Paul 2014 / Milwaukee 2014 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2016 / Temple of the Dog LA Forum 2016 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2018 / St. Paul 1 & 2 2023 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2024
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791
    gobr0309 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

shows went on sale 
    shows “sold out”

Good news is that if nobody buys the overpriced platinum seats they sell them at face value eventually. Been watching Tool tickets for tomorrow night and a few dozen good lower level side seats were high priced this morning and face value tonight. Gonna wait til near showtime and pick up a great seat for under face value from one of the many scalpers who haven't sold their stubhub tickets
    Those are Vitalogy seats
    I miss igotid88
  • I don’t understand the big deal.  Am I the same 25 years ago as today?  Do I think the same?  Is the market and how things are done the same?  There is infrastructure TM has that makes their life easier I suspect as well.

The band does the best of ANY band taking care of their fans and I would like someone to show me how they haven’t on the ticket front.  They keep ticket prices reasonable as well.  If this makes you dislike the band then that is on you living in the past.  The seniority thing is most likely a big pain in the ass for then too (as we wait for seats for shows).   I guess I don’t  behoove a successful company or band from making money or running them how they like.  
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
    gobr0309 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

shows went on sale 
    shows “sold out”

What’s the difference if a fan buys a ticket for a grand on SH or spends it flying to Canada?

at least the stub hub option is carbon neutral 
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    dear clapper you are 1000 percent correct in your description of contacts and tickets. people need to calm down. they got more seats for us fans than any other time. the rest is noise. don't you notice there are far less complaints about being shut out. i am not including the 2 hottest shows. if i was in town i could have gone to 3 shows . no problem. so if its for charity that is way different than their own pockets and even if they did that is their right as well. uncle neil charges 275 .00 usually.
    Zod said:
    Not me.  I think we paid $69.50 for 8th row.  I thought that was a lot.   We've been watching these bands play in smallish bars for the last who knows how many years.   Headstones are amazing in small venues.  The only one I hadn't see in a while was moist.   Not since they played the old arena (where they tore the house down).   No my bar is super high, but I'm pretty stoked to see them.

Still, even at the regular prices the show isn't selling out fast at all.  Four bar bands playing an arena.......
    a buddy of mine paid for it for both winnipeg and brandon shows. that's $1200 for two headstones shows, just for front row (which, for the last 9 years of shows, was easy to be up front with it being GA and all). I couldn't fucking believe it. 

www.headstonesband.com

• AEllboPJ said:
    this hurts.....after all the TM shit....PJ is 'allowing' platinum packages for sale....to....it's....fans
    when you do a deal with the devil.....nobody wins

2020, watch it go to fire
    It's evolution, baby

Pearl Jam has also donated $27 million through the Vitalogy Foundation ... so ...who gives a shit about this?
  • ClapperClapper Posts: 208

Pearl Jam has also donated $27 million through the Vitalogy Foundation ... so ...who gives a shit about this?
    This is the correct answer.  What the people here really mean when they say "we got screwed", "what a scam", "it's not fair"  is This is about meeeeeeeee and I didn't get what I wanted and what I wanted was exclusive access to premium seats for well below actual market value, anything else isn't faaaaaaaaaaair. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • Any word on other shows having these "platinum" tickets, or is it still just St. Louis?

• AEllboPJ said:
    this hurts.....after all the TM shit....PJ is 'allowing' platinum packages for sale....to....it's....fans
    when you do a deal with the devil.....nobody wins

2020, watch it go to fire
    It's evolution, baby

Phish does this and donates to their Waterwheel foundation.  I'm pretty sure PJ will be doing this for the Vitalogy Foundation.
    If you don't want to pay the extra money, don't.  It's a better option than stubhub though, and it might be some people's only option.

If people want to argue that these tickets could've gone to real fans at face value, it's probably a small allotment.
    There will never be enough supply to satisfy demand in certain markets, MSG being an example.

Phish sold out all 13 nights at MSG in 2017 for their Bakers Dozen.  I had trouble getting rid of my extra tickets the first few nights, even took less than face and almost miracled someone.

By night 5, when it was clear Phish was doing no repeats the whole run, special "theme" nights, etc, demand shot through the roof.  Stubhub prices skyrocketed, and friends and online "friends" were begging for my extras.  I had section 102 the whole run, although I could only do 8 of the 13 shows.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

So today was supposed to be the day of Platinum and or Foundation tickets.

Since it so quiet seems unlikely.  Really hurts in the gut.
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    So today was supposed to be the day of Platinum and or Foundation tickets.

Since it so quiet seems unlikely.  Really hurts in the gut.
    Yeah, that disappeared from TM it seems. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?