WWE Edge Talks Pearl Jam Fandom

We were able to have an awesome guest on our pod this week as Edge from WWE gets to passionately talk about his love of Pearl Jam. He’s one of us for sure! Check out his story of growing up with the band and some of his favorite shows such as San Diego 09 and Greenville 2016.

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• JM144705JM144705 Posts: 434
    Awesome stuff! Found it on stitcher, will definitely give a listen tomorrow!
  • Bumping. Today has been so busy I just want more folks to see this
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

• EugeneEugene Posts: 124
    Gonna listen now for my ride home from work. Thanks !
  • Loved this, great job!  I saw Matt Hardy and Lita sidestage at a show in 2003.  Be awesome if you could get Matt on the show too
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,759
    And Becky Lynch
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:
    And Becky Lynch
    She was at Fox studios today, I have a friend who works on that WWE backstage show and saw he posted a pic with her, I asked him if he could pass the word to her that the pod with Edge is out and would she someday like to be a guest. I don’t think he was able to. However, if you guys keep tweeting at her maybe she’ll have no choice  ;)

• Great interview guys (and I’m not into wrestling at all)
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,761
    igotid88 said:
    And Becky Lynch
    She was at Fox studios today, I have a friend who works on that WWE backstage show and saw he posted a pic with her, I asked him if he could pass the word to her that the pod with Edge is out and would she someday like to be a guest. I don’t think he was able to. However, if you guys keep tweeting at her maybe she’ll have no choice  ;)

is that friend CM Punk? :tongue:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • igotid88 said:
    And Becky Lynch

is that friend CM Punk? :tongue:
    That would be great wouldn’t it? He doesn’t seem to have many left though.

• Bumping this back because it was just awesome to have him on to talk about Pearl Jam days before he made his return to wrestling. and he told us he had no idea where the rumors came from! Lies!

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,761
    Bumping this back because it was just awesome to have him on to talk about Pearl Jam days before he made his return to wrestling. and he told us he had no idea where the rumors came from! Lies!

one of the few highlights of the night, unfortunately about half of the Rumble sucked.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Edge has been crushing it as Kjetill Flatnose on the History Channel tv show Vikings the past couple of seasons. Pretty cool to learn he's also a PJ fan!

Related image
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Excellent interview and his non-denial, denial at the 34' mark was the work of a true pro!  Thanks!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,178
    The Rated R Superstar Edge repping Pearl Jam tonight on Smackdown!!!

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,294
    Not because of his PJ Fandom, but he seems like a really good person. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Posts: 1,770
    We were able to have an awesome guest on our pod this week as Edge from WWE gets to passionately talk about his love of Pearl Jam. He’s one of us for sure! Check out his story of growing up with the band and some of his favorite shows such as San Diego 09 and Greenville 2016.

SD 2009 is such an amazing show. Ed told sooooooo many cool stories that night. 
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 971
    Yeah he’s great, I still catch up with him now and again. Sadly, he told me chances are low that he gets to a show in September. But I’m still trying to convince him!

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,178

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,294
    Yeah he’s great, I still catch up with him now and again. Sadly, he told me chances are low that he gets to a show in September. But I’m still trying to convince him!
    Woah! That's awesome! 

The fiancé and I have been binge watching the A&E WWE Biographies. She's learning how I spent my teens watching the attitude era. We both have been by far impressed with how Mick Foley and Edge have been portrayed. My fiancé didn't know either character prior to watching. I'm glad he was able to get to a point where he can perform again. The guy deserves it.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory