Options

Need Fan Club Tickets; Next Time I'll Read the Fine Print

LShanahanLShanahan Texas Posts: 9
Learned some tough lessons with the Ten Club Lottery. Got shut out of Nashville and OKC. Plus, I stupidly missed the Verified Fan sign up window as well. So I am buying if anyone is selling! In fact, does anyone know how we buy within the club exactly?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JG108535JG108535 Posts: 184
    What are these tough lessons that you learned? Where do you think that you screwed up?
    Not being a smart ass, just curious.
  • Options
    jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674

• Options
    Same here. 4 of us Got shut out of MSG. Usually at least 2 of the 4 friends get a ticket. But we all got Baltimore. I really didn't see a hierarchy of show choice in the ticketmaster sign up, It was blatantly obvious when it was run by tenclub.com
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    ML281215 said:
    Same here. 4 of us Got shut out of MSG. Usually at least 2 of the 4 friends get a ticket. But we all got Baltimore. I really didn't see a hierarchy of show choice in the ticketmaster sign up, It was blatantly obvious when it was run by tenclub.com
    It was also blatantly right in the directions and rules that 10C sent. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Make America Read Again

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    sk8drchiksk8drchik Posts: 213
    LShanahan said:
    Learned some tough lessons with the Ten Club Lottery. Got shut out of Nashville and OKC. Plus, I stupidly missed the Verified Fan sign up window as well. So I am buying if anyone is selling! In fact, does anyone know how we buy within the club exactly?
    I am with you, but I did read the fine print and still didn't get any of the shows I wanted. :( I believe we can try to see who is selling their tix through ticketmaster. The date I believe is Feb. 18th. 
    Li
  • Options
    GetRight13GetRight13 NY Posts: 586
    More of a want then a need, plus you still have the chance at public sale..   I scored MSG night 2 2016 tickets through public and the seats were pretty decent.  lower bowl. 
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2013 Brooklyn (10/18, 10/19) Philadelphia (10/21, 10/22)
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2009 Albany 06/08 (Eddie Solo)
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
    2000 Saratoga Springs 08/27
  • Options
    10pt font ain't so fine
  • Options
    LShanahanLShanahan Texas Posts: 9
    JG108535 said:
    What are these tough lessons that you learned? Where do you think that you screwed up?
    Not being a smart ass, just curious.
    See Spot run ...(reading). 
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    ML281215 said:
    Seriously, there was no mystery. I told my students about this whole thing and talked with them about how reading comprehension is extremely important and you will be using it your entire life. I told them about how some people just didn't read and STILL aren't reading the instructions. "Don't be like them." Maybe if 10C did the instructions in a series of memes, people might have actually taken the time to read them?
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    Patience, focus and reading comprehension are seriously lacking in Western society now and it's not just young people. I'm concerned.
  • Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    ML281215 said:
    Seriously, there was no mystery. I told my students about this whole thing and talked with them about how reading comprehension is extremely important and you will be using it your entire life. I told them about how some people just didn't read and STILL aren't reading the instructions. "Don't be like them." Maybe if 10C did the instructions in a series of memes, people might have actually taken the time to read them?
    That's a tough lesson for first graders? (Kidding--what level do you teach?)
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    edited January 2020
    I've heard a lot of people say they didn't know they had to prioritize. I'm not sure how so many missed that. On the final screen there were blue buttons that said 1, 2, 3 etc. And I think it even said on that screen to click and drag to the order you want, didn't it?
    My only guess is people got to that final screen and just assumed they were done. Or that many maybe just assumed the order in which they entered the shows was the priority, but that wasn't the case.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    ecdanc said:
    ML281215 said:
    It's a 2nd/3rd split, but they are really intelligent. We were talking about teaching someone to do something and one student said he was going to teach people how to do a triple flip. I said that you should also teach them how to dial 911 and the kids actually got it. I almost raised my hands and walked out on top, George Costanza style. 
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    ecdanc said:
    ML281215 said:
    It's a 2nd/3rd split, but they are really intelligent. We were talking about teaching someone to do something and one student said he was going to teach people how to do a triple flip. I said that you should also teach them how to dial 911 and the kids actually got it. I almost raised my hands and walked out on top, George Costanza style. 
    Ha! Glad to hear kids are getting these lessons early! Though I’m guessing they don’t get your Seinfeld references. 
  • Options
    ML281215 said:
    If you are selling any tickets I'd be looking for 1 or 2 to Baltimore.  Went 0 for 2 in the fan club (MSG & Balt), nothing with verified fan and nothing in the general sale.  Congrats on getting those at least!

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,889
    ecdanc said:
    ML281215 said:

I teach college and I still have to remind my students to carefully read all of the instructions for assignments and exams. Every semester, a few screw up their midterms because they didn't read the questions carefully. Review, review, and review again.
  • Options
    I was lucky enough to score 2 Fan Club tickets to the STL show on 4/8 (and was notified of such and charged),  The email said I'd be notified the Week of 1/27 of where my seats will be.  I know the week is not over yet, but I still don't have a confirmation or see anything in my Ticketmaster account.  Anyone else in the same boat?  Have notifications gone out?
  • Options
    tusevuntusevun Posts: 218
    Yes. If you do not have your seat location yet you might want to call TM immediately.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,480
    srvehige said:
    I was lucky enough to score 2 Fan Club tickets to the STL show on 4/8 (and was notified of such and charged),  The email said I'd be notified the Week of 1/27 of where my seats will be.  I know the week is not over yet, but I still don't have a confirmation or see anything in my Ticketmaster account.  Anyone else in the same boat?  Have notifications gone out?
    Current Status: If you were confirmed for a show, Ticketstoday will email you instructions on how to view your tickets on the afternoon of Friday, January 31st.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.