Distribution of tickets is unfair to long time members.

2»

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    anyone who joined later than 2010 should be kicked out of the fan club and banned from attending concerts for any artist
  • jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,991
    MayDay10 said:
    anyone who joined later than 2010 should be kicked out of the fan club and banned from attending concerts for any artist
    :lol: I actually laughed out loud.  
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas | 2024-08-31 Chicago
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355
    Dercheef said:
    JP8276 said:
     I have been in the club over 15 years and I got denied a ticket! I do not appreciate it as someone who’s been in the club for a long period of time and individuals that have been in the 10c even longer being denied a ticket to someone who has been in the club for a hot minute! THIS IS BS! Those of us that have been in the club and paid our membership every year and then get snubbed for tickets is unacceptable! As usual the true fans get screwed over somehow  and the newbies receive tickets!  In my opinion, I believe members that have been in the club the longest should have first pick of tickets and work down the list to the newest members should be last to purchase seats. Now I have to hope that I can still purchase a seat after all of this sale. 
    Hi, I have been in the 10c for 15 years now as well and I completely disagree with you. Everyone should have the same chances. And I say that as someone who got shut out of this leg too. Apart from that you should realize that 15 years of seniority is nothing in this club and you are probably not even in the older half of the member base. So don't be ridiculous.  
    Well I happen to think that the cutoff to buy tickets should be longer than a couple of days with a reminder to renew or buy a membership.

Nothing crazy, but something to keep people who have been members for 2 days from getting special access to tickets.  But really it’s their choice to make.

All the “not fair” posts remind me of raising my daughter. There seem to have been some true irregularities in the lottery process and that is not cool.  But just “not fair” cause you didn’t get tix? C’mon.  If done properly the lottery is the most fair way. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    Leo318 said:
    I've been a fanclub Member since 1991 and didn't get tickets to any shows I put in for.  I didn't register for the public presale because I had already put in for more shows than I actually wanted in the Fanclub sale hoping that I would at least score tickets to one of the shows.  Got the email saying I didn't get tickets then went to register for the public presale and !!!!too late!!!!, you had to register by the 15th. Why would I put in for fanclub tix and also public presale at the same time??? It seems after not getting fanclub tix next step would be the public presale but theyve already shut me out of that too.  Getting sick of these games and makes me resent my favorite band. 

You should only be resenting yourself.  I assumed I would win the shows I wanted but I also knew that in every US tour since 2006 I've lost out on shows I've wanted to go to in the 10C presale.  So I also signed up for the Verified sale.  It took like 60 seconds to do.  

You can still access tickets in the public sale on the 24th without signing up.   

You made the mistake assuming you would get tickets.  I'm not sure how you have been a fan club member this long without knowing this unless you go to shows only when they come to your town or you have just been incredibly lucky.

• TA243471TA243471 Posts: 1,234
    MayDay10 said:

This!!!
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula, Dana Point 1 & 2
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    Leo318 said:
    I've been a fanclub Member since 1991 and didn't get tickets to any shows I put in for.  I didn't register for the public presale because I had already put in for more shows than I actually wanted in the Fanclub sale hoping that I would at least score tickets to one of the shows.  Got the email saying I didn't get tickets then went to register for the public presale and !!!!too late!!!!, you had to register by the 15th. Why would I put in for fanclub tix and also public presale at the same time??? It seems after not getting fanclub tix next step would be the public presale but theyve already shut me out of that too.  Getting sick of these games and makes me resent my favorite band. 
    If you get selected for the public presale, you're not required to buy tickets. People registered as a backup plan. Read up on the fan-to-fan exchange. I think that's going to help out a lot of people. 
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    Leo318 said:
    Seems like the fans who have been in 10c the longest don't get tickets because they don't make sure to cover all of their bases. A little more effort and you would've been ready for the public presale in case you didn't win in the lottery. And if you did win in the lottery, you could've just not bothered with the presale. Literally 2 minutes more of effort. Instead, here you are, blaming everyone but yourself, when you're the one who fucked up. 
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • pjl44 said:
    Leo318 said:
    If you get selected for the public presale, you're not required to buy tickets. People registered as a backup plan. Read up on the fan-to-fan exchange. I think that's going to help out a lot of people. 
    I actually disagree with you.  Perhaps MAYBE for Baltimore some tickets may leak on F2F of people who last minute cannot make it.  There will be next to nothing on MSG on F2F.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• RP112579 said:
    Leo318 said:
    Seems like the fans who have been in 10c the longest don't get tickets because they don't make sure to cover all of their bases. A little more effort and you would've been ready for the public presale in case you didn't win in the lottery. And if you did win in the lottery, you could've just not bothered with the presale. Literally 2 minutes more of effort. Instead, here you are, blaming everyone but yourself, when you're the one who fucked up. 
    I like this.
    Quit applying personal beliefs/logic to a defined process.  Take advantage of the opportunities offered through that process to get tickets.
    As detailed (to exhaustion) pretty much everyone who filled shit out correctly and went for Reserved was able to get tickets at the majority of the shows.  If you were like many of us who only put in for the NY and MD shows, well....the numbers are the numbers.  We knew there was a good chance we might get nothing and certainly would only get the 1st priority show. 

Or, just blame the system and harbor resentment.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • I do think they could have a one year waiting period to be able to buy ticks though. Or six months or something.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    pjl44 said:
    Leo318 said:
    I actually disagree with you.  Perhaps MAYBE for Baltimore some tickets may leak on F2F of people who last minute cannot make it.  There will be next to nothing on MSG on F2F.
    I do tend to agree with you on Baltimore here. If I had to guess, pairs will be extremely rare. Wouldn't be surprised if a healthy number of singles pop up, especially closer to the show.

Is MSG even going to have an exchange because of the transferability? To me, that show is the wild west. I'm really not sure what to expect other than, yeah, tickets will be tough and/or expensive. 
  • gundagunda Posts: 97
    MayDay10 said:
    Yes. And anyone with 20 plus years should be aged out. They seem to complain a lot. 
    8-23-00 jones beach 10-21-01 cal 7-14_03 pnc 5-18_10 nj msg1 5-20-10
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    gunda said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Yes. And anyone with 20 plus years should be aged out. They seem to complain a lot. 
    :lol:
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,347
    pjl44 said:
    Leo318 said:
    The short window for VF presale will also help with availability since a surprising # of people didn’t bother to read about the registration deadline. 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • So for a business that is almost entirely reliant on live shows and associated merch, they should devise plans to limit growth of their base.  Hmmmmmm.  That’s a sound business strategy. Where can I get in touch so I can get your advice on my financial planning?

they will certainly miss your $20/yr over exposure to 1,000s more people who will not only replace your dues, but move 2 seats closer to the eventual Meet & Greet!
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    edited January 2020
    It’s amazing the lack of common sense, reading comprehension and self entitlement with this lottery
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,835
    Iv'e been a 10 club member since 2010 and..............I'm heading over to Tim Hortan's for a coffee.   Be back shortly. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    I was also disappointed once again by the "Ten Club Presale" results and believe they need to rethink how the tickets are distributed, because I never get the shows I want and it doesn't seem fair.

Okay, I did win a pair for MSG this year, but I didn't get Baltimore. And before you say "who cares?" and stop reading, you need to understand: I really want to go to the show in Baltimore. And also, the pair I got for MSG (which it didn't even say in the email if they're GA or reserved, does anyone know where I can find that out?) is the first time I've ever won tickets in a Pearl Jam lottery. I got shut out entirely from the two MSG shows in 2016 (the only shows I put in for that year). I mean sure, technically I won tickets for two European shows in 2018 (99% odds), and for Wrigley I 2016 (everyone got in), and for TOTD at the Garden (doesn't count). But the point is that I feel like I never win, and for these northeast arena shows I'm only 1/4 for which is one measly show away from a goose egg.

But I also think that straight seniority is not the most fair way to do things. Long time fans like me should definitely get priority, but people who have been members for 25+ years have already reaped a lot of benefits that those of us who were too stupid to sign up for the fan club until later in life missed out on. I think the best way to do it is to allocate tickets primarily to fans who are old enough to have been with the band for their whole lives (so people who were born in, oh let's say 1982) but who have only been fan club members since like July 2013.

Geography is also important, but I agree with most people that limiting tickets to people who live in the cities themselves is too narrow. However, Eddie has said multiple times that the northeast corridor fans have been the backbone of the group's support for their whole career, and that should be recognized. Priority should be given to people who live in between Philly and Boston, but not in Philly (because fuck Philly) and not in Boston (because double fuck Boston). And not in NYC itself because so many people come to live in the city for only a couple/few years, and why should they get preferential treatment just because they happen to be doing an internship or whatever in the year PJ happens to tour? It should be stable, long-term residents. I'm thinking, people who own a house somewhere in Westchester county.

One thing that people should think more about in terms of fairness is family situation - those of us with kids should be given priority in the lottery because knowing that we have tickets earlier helps with planning for babysitting etc. Note that I said "kids" plural - if you only have one kid I think you're fine waiting for the general onsale. And come to think of it, if you have three or more you probably shouldn't be going to the show. Those of us with exactly two kids should probably get a little consideration.

Another thought is that, for GA tickets especially, they should probably start taking shoe size into account more. You don't want a bunch of people in the pit with huge feet taking up an inordinate amount of space, but you do need people with big enough feet that they make the right amount of noise when they jump up and down. Men's size 12 I think is the sweet spot. Also should probably give priority to those of us who need corrective lenses, put us in the pit or good seats where we can see better.

I know this sort of system wouldn't satisfy everybody, but I think you'll all agree it's really the only fair way to do it.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    tdawe said:
    I was also disappointed once again by the "Ten Club Presale" results and believe they need to rethink how the tickets are distributed, because I never get the shows I want and it doesn't seem fair.

Okay, I did win a pair for MSG this year, but I didn't get Baltimore. And before you say "who cares?" and stop reading, you need to understand: I really want to go to the show in Baltimore. And also, the pair I got for MSG (which it didn't even say in the email if they're GA or reserved, does anyone know where I can find that out?) is the first time I've ever won tickets in a Pearl Jam lottery. I got shut out entirely from the two MSG shows in 2016 (the only shows I put in for that year). I mean sure, technically I won tickets for two European shows in 2018 (99% odds), and for Wrigley I 2016 (everyone got in), and for TOTD at the Garden (doesn't count). But the point is that I feel like I never win, and for these northeast arena shows I'm only 1/4 for which is one measly show away from a goose egg.

But I also think that straight seniority is not the most fair way to do things. Long time fans like me should definitely get priority, but people who have been members for 25+ years have already reaped a lot of benefits that those of us who were too stupid to sign up for the fan club until later in life missed out on. I think the best way to do it is to allocate tickets primarily to fans who are old enough to have been with the band for their whole lives (so people who were born in, oh let's say 1982) but who have only been fan club members since like July 2013.

Geography is also important, but I agree with most people that limiting tickets to people who live in the cities themselves is too narrow. However, Eddie has said multiple times that the northeast corridor fans have been the backbone of the group's support for their whole career, and that should be recognized. Priority should be given to people who live in between Philly and Boston, but not in Philly (because fuck Philly) and not in Boston (because double fuck Boston). And not in NYC itself because so many people come to live in the city for only a couple/few years, and why should they get preferential treatment just because they happen to be doing an internship or whatever in the year PJ happens to tour? It should be stable, long-term residents. I'm thinking, people who own a house somewhere in Westchester county.

One thing that people should think more about in terms of fairness is family situation - those of us with kids should be given priority in the lottery because knowing that we have tickets earlier helps with planning for babysitting etc. Note that I said "kids" plural - if you only have one kid I think you're fine waiting for the general onsale. And come to think of it, if you have three or more you probably shouldn't be going to the show. Those of us with exactly two kids should probably get a little consideration.

Another thought is that, for GA tickets especially, they should probably start taking shoe size into account more. You don't want a bunch of people in the pit with huge feet taking up an inordinate amount of space, but you do need people with big enough feet that they make the right amount of noise when they jump up and down. Men's size 12 I think is the sweet spot. Also should probably give priority to those of us who need corrective lenses, put us in the pit or good seats where we can see better.

I know this sort of system wouldn't satisfy everybody, but I think you'll all agree it's really the only fair way to do it.
    Note that this post was originally conceptualized as a joke about how people will justify preferential treatment for themselves, but by the end of it I realized that the real joke is that even if you narrowed it down to my precise demographics you'd still probably be looking at a 50/50 shot for MSG tickets because I am a cliche.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    so a 15 year relationship and one or two disagreements?  I am thankful I have something I love and enjoy this much and they continue to grow and try to make it better for us every day.
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    amethgr8 said:
    so a 15 year relationship and one or two disagreements?  
    Way better than a marriage.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    Poncier said:
    amethgr8 said:
    so a 15 year relationship and one or two disagreements?  
    Way better than a marriage.
    LOL
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • JP8276JP8276 Posts: 4
    First, everyone is losing their minds because one person voiced their opinion about ticket sales. Really??? I understand loyalty and being a hardcore fan, but to be rude and nasty is not necessary. Did I come to anyone personally? NO. Did I say I hated the band? NO. Take a breathe and step back before you comment please on my post or anyone else's you do not agree with. Damn. Chill. Out. What is no one allowed to disagree with anything PJ related? Fans should voice their opinions only if it goes with the status quo? That would be ridiculous.
    Again, if you would like to discuss my post cool but don't come at me. I have no time for that. Have a good day and congrats to those ppl that got tickets. Enjoy the show. 
This discussion has been closed.