Options

Phoenix/Glendale AZ roll call and Wishlist Pre-Party and donation drop-off Info

Comments

• Options
    BizzzyBozzzyBizzzyBozzzy San Diego Posts: 388
    ROLL!
  • Options
    In.  BA but hoping for GA.  Either way the show will be great!
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Options
    In for AZ. Only choice. Reserved Seating, I think it's called.
    Randall's Island, NY 9/29/96; Camden, NJ 9/2/00; Philadelphia, PA 10/3/05; East Rutherford, NJ 6/1/06; Virginia Beach, VA 6/17/08; Camden, NJ 6/19/08; Philadelphia, PA 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
  • Options
    I'm in the building!  Waiting to find out if Pit or Seat.  I'm fine with either.  :)

• Options
    In for Arizona.  Can anyone recommend a good place for tacos and beer before the show?  Or good food in general? We're coming from Calgary for a few days and are staying in downtown Phoenix.
    Calgary, Alberta (1993) / Missoula, Montana (2003) / Calgary, Alberta (2005) / Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (2005) /Chicago, Illinois (2007) / Calgary, Alberta, (2009) / Calgary, Alberta (2011) / Calgary, AB (2013) / Missoula, Montana (2018) / Vancouver, BC (2024)
  • Options
    In for Arizona.  Can anyone recommend a good place for tacos and beer before the show?  Or good food in general? We're coming from Calgary for a few days and are staying in downtown Phoenix.

I'm interested in this info as well.  Coming in from Atlanta and know nothing about the city.  Any cool spots, neighborhoods to check out with cool bars and restaurants, any day hiking recs?  We love exploring cities we have never been to before, so any suggestions are welcome. We're probably staying at the Kimpton Hotel downtown.
  • Options
    I'm in,...down from Calgary,  trip was already planned so totally lucked out.  Now hoping to luck out with a GA ticket.
    Can't wait !
  • Options
    Hi!   Google "Westgate Entertainment District", where the concert venue is located.  It has numerous restaurants with all types of food.  
     I live in a suburb and never go to downtown Phoenix, so I don't know the restaurants down there.  Your hotel should be able to give you recommendations though.  Enjoy your stay in the Valley of the Sun!
  • Options
    Dug1200Dug1200 Chicago Posts: 188
    CL286295 said:

I'm interested in this info as well.  Coming in from Atlanta and know nothing about the city.  Any cool spots, neighborhoods to check out with cool bars and restaurants, any day hiking recs?  We love exploring cities we have never been to before, so any suggestions are welcome. We're probably staying at the Kimpton Hotel downtown.
    I lived in phx for several years.  This is my favorite taco place.  Pulled pork with salsa verde  Cash only, no booze.  It's north of downtown, not near the show.  I'd only go to Glendale to go to a show or game.  Other than that, there is no reason to stay out there.  Downtown phx and Old Town Scottsdale are much better for nightlife.  Things may have changed since I lived there, but

https://www.thebeachhouseaz.com/
  • Options
    jstu39jstu39 Posts: 140
    CL286295 said:

Tons of hiking options. If you like elevation there is Camelback and Piestawa (Squaw) Peak. South Mountain park has a mountain and nature trails. 100 trail through Phoenix Mountain Preserve. Drink lots of water!
  • Options
    jstu39jstu39 Posts: 140
    I don't have Facebook so if anyone can post any meetups please do. I should have some posters, shirts.. to donate to a charity raffle. 
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,222
    For those asking

Backyard Taco is pretty amazing street style tacos.  Burrito Express if you are more a burrito person... not a ton of locations. may need to travel around the valley here depending where you stay.
  • Options
    vacaalvacaal Posts: 4
    Got BA! Me and my wife, coming from COSTA RICA!!!!
  • Options
    PearlJayPearlJay Tucson, AZ Posts: 16
    In
    Chicago, Illinois (July 21, 1991)
    Chicago, Illinois (March 28, 1992)
    Chicago, Illinois (March 13, 1994)
    Chicago, Illinois (July 11, 1995)
    Chicago, Illinois (June 29, 1998)
    Chicago, Illinois (October 05, 2005)
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre (September 04, 2011)
    Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018)
  • Options
    As others have mentioned - the venue isn't near downtown Phoenix.  For those interested in a good local place for great food - there's a place called Fuego Bistro that leans towards New Mexican food.  Its really good and they've got a great outdoor patio/dining area which should be lovely in early April.  I'd advise making a reservation.  And its a pretty straight drive from this restaurant to the venue.  Just take 7th street north less than a mile - turn left on Glendale Road - and that'll take you there.
    For those looking for a local place for the craft beer scene with good food - there's a place called Angel Trumpet's Ale House in downtown Phoenix.
    For great authentic style Italian pizza and food - there's a place downtown called Cibo.  I'd definitely recommend this place for those who are going to be here more than one night.  They've got great outdoor dining.  Its my wife's favorite Phoenix restaurant.
    For those staying near the venue - there are several options right next to the arena.  Most of those are chain type places and they'll likely be crowded from afternoon on.
    If you like spicy Mexican food - there's a local place called Los Dos Molinos in South Phoenix that's really good.  There's a sister restaurant on Camelback - but its not nearly as good as the one down south on Central Ave.  
    For those asking about hiking.  As someone mentioned earlier - Camelback Mountain and Piestewa Peak are two good options.  Camelback is the more challenging of the two - if that matters.
    If anybody cares about baseball - the Diamondbacks are in town that weekend playing the Rockies.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    BR2428BR2428 Posts: 120
    I’ll be coming to Phoenix for the show. It’ll be my second time seeing PJ there, the first being when I lived there in 2003. I was just looking up some of the old places I used to go and was bummed to learn that Los Compadres on 7th Ave has closed. I’ll have to find a replacement.

I’ll have a car, but I was wondering if public transportation will be an option for the show?
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    BR2428 said:
    I’ll be coming to Phoenix for the show. It’ll be my second time seeing PJ there, the first being when I lived there in 2003. I was just looking up some of the old places I used to go and was bummed to learn that Los Compadres on 7th Ave has closed. I’ll have to find a replacement.

I’ll have a car, but I was wondering if public transportation will be an option for the show?
    Public transit is non-existent unless you're planning to use the light rail to get around.  The buses are painfully slow and don't really cater to not driving home from the bar/meal/show.  
    We'll have the Wishlist Pre-Party happening right outside the show venue (nailing all that down tonight!) and it's a Saturday.  Just park at Westgate and plan to eat, drink, and meet many new friends.
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    Catmeyer71Catmeyer71 The desert by way of the C-bus. Posts: 28
    BR2428 said:

Public transit is non-existent unless you're planning to use the light rail to get around.  The buses are painfully slow and don't really cater to not driving home from the bar/meal/show.  
    We'll have the Wishlist Pre-Party happening right outside the show venue (nailing all that down tonight!) and it's a Saturday.  Just park at Westgate and plan to eat, drink, and meet many new friends.
    YASSSSS....might have ended up with a not so desirable seat, but it's worth it to meet up.  P.S. Forget getting a hotel around the arena, they are non-existent.  I booked mine when I jumped on the lottery.  I agree that transportation will be pretty ugly.  I would suggest Uber, or maybe try and work something out with another service.  See y'all in a few months! 
    "...An undertow of futures laid to waste, embraced..." - Sad
    Columbus:  November 1991 "Get into this shit before Billy gets out here." - Ed  
    Cincy:  March 1992
    Columbus:  March 1992
    Cleveland:  July 1992 (Mudslides at Blossom) 
    Pittsburgh:  August 1992
    ------->Adulted for a while and didn't like it.
    Columbus:  August 2000
    Columbus:  June 2003
    -------->Parent stuff
    Phoenix:  November 2013
    St. Paul:  October 2014
    Seattle (1):  August 2018 
    Phoenix April 2020 (Ticket insanity)
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    I added Phx after the 10c sale.  Making the trip from Illinois.  I'll be taking my brother, who lives in Phx, to his first PJ show.  Currently in Sec 221 from the public sale, but will be looking for something better in F2F, or go in with fellow members who have 2 extras to sell.  Looking forward to drinking some beers with you all on a warm, sunny afternoon!
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    If anyone ends up with a extra ticket I am very interested.  Got shut out on ten club tickets.  This show was the only one I submitted for. Guess I should have selected best available instead of just GA.
  • Options
    davet7462 said:
    As others have mentioned - the venue isn't near downtown Phoenix.  For those interested in a good local place for great food - there's a place called Fuego Bistro that leans towards New Mexican food.  Its really good and they've got a great outdoor patio/dining area which should be lovely in early April.  I'd advise making a reservation.  And its a pretty straight drive from this restaurant to the venue.  Just take 7th street north less than a mile - turn left on Glendale Road - and that'll take you there.
    For those looking for a local place for the craft beer scene with good food - there's a place called Angel Trumpet's Ale House in downtown Phoenix.
    For great authentic style Italian pizza and food - there's a place downtown called Cibo.  I'd definitely recommend this place for those who are going to be here more than one night.  They've got great outdoor dining.  Its my wife's favorite Phoenix restaurant.
    For those staying near the venue - there are several options right next to the arena.  Most of those are chain type places and they'll likely be crowded from afternoon on.
    If you like spicy Mexican food - there's a local place called Los Dos Molinos in South Phoenix that's really good.  There's a sister restaurant on Camelback - but its not nearly as good as the one down south on Central Ave.  
    For those asking about hiking.  As someone mentioned earlier - Camelback Mountain and Piestewa Peak are two good options.  Camelback is the more challenging of the two - if that matters.
    If anybody cares about baseball - the Diamondbacks are in town that weekend playing the Rockies.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks for the response.  Looking forward to this trip. Hanging out by the pool, Pearl Jam, good food, hot weather and NO SNOW.  CANNOT COME SOON ENOUGH
    Calgary, Alberta (1993) / Missoula, Montana (2003) / Calgary, Alberta (2005) / Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (2005) /Chicago, Illinois (2007) / Calgary, Alberta, (2009) / Calgary, Alberta (2011) / Calgary, AB (2013) / Missoula, Montana (2018) / Vancouver, BC (2024)
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 548
    Can't wait to hear " and now something for the serious collectors " again.
  • Options
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Can't wait to hear " and now something for the serious collectors " again.
    That would be sweet!  Here’s hoping for Red Mosquito or Alone!
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Options
    AmyMooreAmyMoore Posts: 139
    I’m looking for a GA ticket if anyone has a spare. Thank you. 
  • Options
    PearlJamFanLVPearlJamFanLV Las Vegas, NV Posts: 42
    Me and the wife are in, 2 tickets each.  Coming from Las Vegas.  
  • Options
    Coming from NC with my wife. They won’t come to us even though we have a new governor and the bathroom bill has been removed 🤷
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,222
    Hells yeah. I dont Facebook but I will be early for this!
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,255
    I'm in for Phoenix as well.  Can't wait!
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,255
    As others have said, if you want to do the pre-party and not have to stand the whole time, or want to order food....get there early.  There are food and drink options around the venue, but they get PACKED.
    I'll def swing by McFaddens at some point.