VERIFIED FAN INFO HELP

stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
Well I struck out for MSG TIX. That is ok, I will no doubt get in.  😀

How do you sign up for Verified Fan ticket sale ?

is anyone looking for a ticket buddy to MSG, or have an extra ticket ? Let me know.  

Comments

• ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
  • Too late, had the same sign up window as the TC entries
  • stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    Seriously ? That is kind of BS .... now I am bummed !
  • stickman said:
    It clearly stated it in the email from Ten Club
    stickman said:
    It clearly stated it in the email from Ten Club
    And in the email from Ticketmaster. *shrug*
    I understand that.  Just thought it would be open until we found out here.  

Ok ... looking for 1 ... who needs a ticket buddy or has and extra ??? 
    Could I öf unknowingly signed up for “Verified  Fan” ??  Or was it separate from Fan Club Tix sign up ? Which you should be signed up for both at the same time IMO. 
    stickman said:
    Could I öf unknowingly signed up for “Verified  Fan” ??  Or was it separate from Fan Club Tix sign up ? Which you should be signed up for both at the same time IMO. 
    Separate. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,672
    Signing up for verified fan doesn't guarantee a code.
    Getting  a code doesn't guarantee ticketd
    ecdanc said:
    stickman said:
    Separate. 
    Then I didn’t sign up.  Thanks for the info ecdanc.  I’m plan on going to the show by myself .

i had tickets for The Raconteurs in NYC at Hammerstein and Kings Theatre in September.  My buddy blew me off, I ate the expenses all weekend (and his tickets for each show), but I loved being in NYC by myself and could do whatever I wanted without having to worry about .  So I plan to do that again with PJ at MSG.  

NEED 1 for MSG 😃  
    Here is the email I got from ticketmaster informing me I didn’t get MSG tickets.  To me it seems like I can still sign up for Verified Fan.  That is why I am asking.  I was just confused by the email I got:

“Ten Club and Ticketmaster have worked closely to ensure the fan club ticket request process is consistent with past Ten Club presales.

After running the ticket request process, unfortunately, due to demand, we were unable to fulfill your ticket request for Pearl Jam(#14187831). Your card has not been charged.

Additional tickets will be made available during the Verified Fan Presale on Thursday, January 23 and General Public Onsale on Friday, January 24 at 10am local venue time.  

For the latest news and updates about Pearl Jam’s North American Tour, visit pearljam.com.”

• agentpinckneyagentpinckney Posts: 267
    edited January 2020
    stickman said:
    Here is the email I got from ticketmaster informing me I didn’t get MSG tickets.  To me it seems like I can still sign up for Verified Fan.  That is why I am asking.  I was just confused by the email I got:

“Ten Club and Ticketmaster have worked closely to ensure the fan club ticket request process is consistent with past Ten Club presales.

After running the ticket request process, unfortunately, due to demand, we were unable to fulfill your ticket request for Pearl Jam(#14187831). Your card has not been charged.

Additional tickets will be made available during the Verified Fan Presale on Thursday, January 23 and General Public Onsale on Friday, January 24 at 10am local venue time.  

For the latest news and updates about Pearl Jam’s North American Tour, visit pearljam.com.”

That's only if you registered by the deadline. Go to the Tours page on this site. In the Details column, you will find that it reads "Verified Fan Registration Closed" for every show in Canada and U.S.
    Post edited by agentpinckney on
    October 1, 1996 ... Marine Midland Arena, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    October 12, 2013 ... First Niagara Center, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    May 2, 2016 ... Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    May 8, 2016 ... Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa-Ontario (Canada)
    May 10, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    May 12, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    August 5, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    August 7, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    November 7, 2016 ... TOTD, Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    September 2, 2018 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
  • Verified Fan info
    1. Register as a Verified Fan
    The first step is to apply (or register) to become a Verified Fan on Ticketmaster. You must register for each “event” individually. Registration is not rolling - meaning you cannot register any time you wish. Shows will have a “registration open” date and a subsequent closing date.
    http://www.playbill.com/article/what-you-need-to-know-about-ticketmasters-verifiedfan-ticket-buying
    stickman said:

AgentP is correct. I think you're being a little wishful with your reading of that email...
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,953
    I’m registered for verified fan.  Can I buy a ticket to any of the shows... will it give me a choice?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• on2legs said:
    I’m registered for verified fan.  Can I buy a ticket to any of the shows... will it give me a choice?

That's what I'm wondering as well
    on2legs said:

I hadn't thought of this before. I remember clearly choosing from the shows on the signup page, but the confirmation email doesn't say anything. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,672
    on2legs said:
    Unless your signup specified a specific show you can try for multiple shows.
    But keep in mind that signup does not guarantee a code.
    A code doesn't guarantee tickets.
  • lfitzpatrick9lfitzpatrick9 NJ Posts: 385
    on2legs said:

If you signed up for the verified fan presale, on Wednesday ticketmaster will likely send you a code to use during thursday's presale and I believe you will be able to use that code to the show or shows you want.  Or whatever show you put first, it will allow you to use that code only for that one show.  Thursday should be fun 
    on2legs said:

If you signed up for the verified fan presale, on Wednesday ticketmaster will likely send you a code to use during thursday's presale and I believe you will be able to use that code to the show or shows you want.  Or whatever show you put first, it will allow you to use that code only for that one show.  Thursday should be fun 
    So, yes. Or no. 
  • When you signed up for verified it asked you select a show and gave you the option to select more than one. That makes me think the code could be used for any city (but only once).
  • lfitzpatrick9lfitzpatrick9 NJ Posts: 385
    ecdanc said:
    on2legs said:

So, yes. Or no. 
    It depends what you put for your priority.  For me I only put MSG so gonna look out for the code Ticketmaster sends on Wednesday.  If they dont send one well then im screwed haha
  • View my previous comment where it includes the link. You must register as a Verified Fan for every show/tour when that specific's registration window opens. There is a deadline when it closes. Every show/tour is a separate registration.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,953
    When you signed up for verified it asked you select a show and gave you the option to select more than one. That makes me think the code could be used for any city (but only once).
    Hmmm... I don’t remember that part.  But I did get the email saying I was verified.  So... I guess when I don’t get a code I’ll know why 🤣
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

I followed the link that agentpinckney posted and found that I didn’t sign up for Verified Fan.  I will tell you. 

This link should bring you right to the page where you can Check to see if you signed up:

https://blog.ticketmaster.com/verifiedfan-faq/

• TA243471TA243471 Posts: 1,234
    edited January 2020
    on2legs said:

If it is like it was for the Home Shows, then you should be able to pick tickets for the shows that you selected when you entered for verified fan.  You will have to log into that specific city, and can only get 4 tickets total with that code.  If you are fast enough, you could probably get to 2 cities, and get 2 tickets for each show, but it would be damn hard.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula, Dana Point 1 & 2
  • What are your thoughts? Would you expect RS to be better seats than verified fan regardless of how long you've been a member of TC??
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,710
    Just contacted Ticketmaster to ask some questions about the verified fan presale (I got shut out out of Baltimore and MSG). I was told that if you get a presale code, it is not tied to any particular show. So you do have a choice. You can use it for any show on the tour, but only for one show. You can't buy tickets to multiple shows with your presale code. Unfortunately, the verified fan presale is also by lottery. It has nothing to do with being a member of the fan club or any other priority. So, some of us my get shut out of that as well. I also asked him for any good tips if we do get a presale code. He said that one important tip is that we should only log in from one device. I know that in the past I have logged in from both my computer and my phone to see which one got me closer in that annoying queue line. However, the guy told me that doing that may flag you as a bot and shut you out of your account. I don't know if he was just saying this, or if they have gotten more sophisticated in detecting this, but just wanted to share the info. If anyone else has any good tips for the presale, please share. Thanks.
  • KC2917KC2917 Posts: 872
    Does anyone have any experience with buying presale tix on an iPad? Is it as easy as on a laptop?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    MF117973 said:
    Just contacted Ticketmaster to ask some questions about the verified fan presale (I got shut out out of Baltimore and MSG). I was told that if you get a presale code, it is not tied to any particular show. So you do have a choice. You can use it for any show on the tour, but only for one show. You can't buy tickets to multiple shows with your presale code. Unfortunately, the verified fan presale is also by lottery. It has nothing to do with being a member of the fan club or any other priority. So, some of us my get shut out of that as well. I also asked him for any good tips if we do get a presale code. He said that one important tip is that we should only log in from one device. I know that in the past I have logged in from both my computer and my phone to see which one got me closer in that annoying queue line. However, the guy told me that doing that may flag you as a bot and shut you out of your account. I don't know if he was just saying this, or if they have gotten more sophisticated in detecting this, but just wanted to share the info. If anyone else has any good tips for the presale, please share. Thanks.
    Why did we put priorities in then if they did not matter?