Will Stubhub be an option?

I need four seats together and doubt I’ll luck into that via the verified fan route. I’m willing to pay through the nose!  Will I even have that choice?
Seattle 8-8-18
Chicago 8-18-18
Chicago 8-20-18
St. Louis 4-4-20
Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
Noblesville 9-10-23
Vancouver 5-6-24
Seattle 5-30-24

EV
Chicago 2-9-22
Tempe 2-26-23

Comments

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,192
    It's weird but given how tickets are distributed, 4 together is just hard in general. Verified Fan and the Public Onsale are your best bet. Also, don't expect great seats. With 10C seats distributed in pairs and singles, finding 4 together would be dumb luck.
  • Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 315
    Yeah, it’s a catch 22. I get and support the idea of verifying to keep prices down, but splitting us up is far from ideal for a show.  
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • I’ve traded seats at a few shows before. You have 2 good seats, 2 not so good. Then you ask some people are the 2 not so good if they want the better seats. I did this at Seattle 2, Greenville, and St. Louis for a group of 4 us to jam. It might be easier to do than try to get 4 in a row, just a little more work on game day 
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    Only MSG and Denver on stubhub 
  • BV84003BV84003 Posts: 360
    Stubhub probably an option for NYC and maybe Denver? That's it though, the fan to fan exchange will be the only other option post sale. Don't freak out until the sale happens though.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
    SHZA said:
    I wouldn't be confident about buying for those shows until we get a peek at how they're going to police it
  • ponner1usponner1us Posts: 738
    Anything is possible when you’re “willing to pay through the nose.” 
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 315
    Hoping to get my two today and then try for four on the verified option. Sitting together is more important to me than two of us having amazing seats while the other two don’t.  Fingers crossed. 
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
    Hankj25 said:
    Hoping to get my two today and then try for four on the verified option. Sitting together is more important to me than two of us having amazing seats while the other two don’t.  Fingers crossed. 
    In that case, I think strangesttribe's suggestion is your best move
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    SHZA said:

Wouldn't the public sale tickets be eligible for StubHub for all shows?  I would think so.  I hope I don't have to resort to StubHub, but if I get shut out on my two remaining shows I'm going to be looking at that as last option.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    bbiggs said:
    SHZA said:

Wouldn't the public sale tickets be eligible for StubHub for all shows?  I would think so.  I hope I don't have to resort to StubHub, but if I get shut out on my two remaining shows I'm going to be looking at that as last option.
    Exactly what I thought.
    And even with the laws in CO and NY, it’s still against 10c policy to sell above face, no law against them enforcing that. Not to say it won’t happen, but anyone paranoid about losing their membership would think twice about selling it there maybe.
    But anything in public sale should be fair game there
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    bbiggs said:
    SHZA said:

Has it been possible to list non transferable tickets on Stubhub? I thought every single ticket was supposed to be non transf
    I *thought* I read that even VF/public tix are non-transferable. Meaning you can only use the exchange for those, too.
  • mace1229 said:
    bbiggs said:
    SHZA said:

Exactly what I thought.
    And even with the laws in CO and NY, it’s still against 10c policy to sell above face, no law against them enforcing that. Not to say it won’t happen, but anyone paranoid about losing their membership would think twice about selling it there maybe.
    But anything in public sale should be fair game there
    What I think as well, will be curious to see how it works
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    pjl44 said:
    SHZA said:
    I wouldn't be confident about buying for those shows until we get a peek at how they're going to police it
    Police what?
    bbiggs said:
    SHZA said:

I don't think so. If you search PJ on stubhub the only two US shows are MSG and Denver. If the public tix for other shows would be transferable, they'd have the events set up in their system already so speculators can start selling. 
    SHZA said:
    pjl44 said:
    SHZA said:
    Police what?
    For the 10C tickets, their rules about no resale above face and order cancellations 
This discussion has been closed.