Pearl Jam Ticket Failure

densandensan Posts: 563
Anyone who experiences pj tic failure please tell yourself it is not over. The show is not tonight. It's just not going to be easy. Im sorry, but you are going to have to work for it if you want to go. I like easy too, the alternative sucks. I promise it will be much sweeter for you. Don't fing give up for christ sake. This is PJ it's worth it to get dirty, and maybe a bit greasy too. It is worth whatever it takes. Go get your tix. Good luck!
Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.

Comments

• KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,071
    It’s not that hard to find tickets in the weeks before a show. It is hard to find multiple reserved seats next to each other. Join any of the various pj Facebook groups and you’ll find people offloading tickets 
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    From the threat title, I expected more complaining. But now I see this is an act of encouragement and approve 😀
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Totally agree, i think biggest reason for sadness is expectations are not equal to reality (I'm included in this). I saw 99% odds all week for my two reserved, waiting to be drawn, but that probably causes me to think it's more of a "sure thing" than it really is. 
  • I’d hit the exchange right when it opens. I’m guessing that there may be members who got too many tickets. 
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    I’ve never had a situation where I have not been able to find tickets. For at or close to face. There’s always a way. 

People just get antsy and want their safety blankets wrapped around them months in advance.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    It ain't over unitl the concerts are over.  
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • drummer1drummer1 Posts: 314
    densan said:
    Anyone who experiences pj tic failure please tell yourself it is not over. The show is not tonight. It's just not going to be easy. Im sorry, but you are going to have to work for it if you want to go. I like easy too, the alternative sucks. I promise it will be much sweeter for you. Don't fing give up for christ sake. This is PJ it's worth it to get dirty, and maybe a bit greasy too. It is worth whatever it takes. Go get your tix. Good luck!
    I love your attitude!! They’re worth it for sure!! 
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.3.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.4.11
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    I’ve never had a situation where I have not been able to find tickets. For at or close to face. There’s always a way. 

People just get antsy and want their safety blankets wrapped around them months in advance.
    Exactly! 
  • kaikaikaikai Posts: 55
    So glad this didn’t go where I thought it was going. Excellent optimism. 
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089

Can you blame them (us)?
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • willnycwillnyc Posts: 131
    From the threat title, I expected more complaining. But now I see this is an act of encouragement and approve 😀
    Hope to see you this year!
  • Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Posts: 1,770
    edited January 2020
    densan said:
    The point is, we pay to be in this club, at this point only for ticket access. Yes we can still find tickets but what’s the point of joining then? If there are 99% odds to get in and many people are not because Emails have to match each other, I didn’t join the Ticketmaster fan club. I’m just nervous about Phoenix because I don’t know if my accounts match. I use a few different Ticketmaster accounts. We’ll get in either way
    Post edited by Foriginal Sin on
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    densan said:
    Great post and adorable dog!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • densandensan Posts: 563
    edited January 2020
    ugh. see below. ty
    Post edited by densan on
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    Many people that kind of want to go will give up once they get the rejection email.

Most people that have to get in will figure out a way in.

Be in the 2nd group.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
    edited January 2020
    ugh pt2. man, do not waste your feeling of being screwed on this board by expressing how the 10 club sucks.
    Use your anger and disappointment to get what you want in a good way. Get off the board and get busy. Make it happen. Turn this into something good for yourself I know you can and will. There is no other option except to succeed. Good Luck!
    Post edited by densan on
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355
    Totally agree, i think biggest reason for sadness is expectations are not equal to reality (I'm included in this). I saw 99% odds all week for my two reserved, waiting to be drawn, but that probably causes me to think it's more of a "sure thing" than it really is. 
    Depending on the shows I don’t think that’s on you. Every show except NY and Bal ended with 99% for seats (not GA). In the past, that meant the odds never changed and really everyone seemed to get tickets. Not the case this year, so something was off in the odds.
    hippiemom = goodness
    edited January 2020
    After the Dance of the Clairvoyants we went to the Never Destination where we saw the Superblood Wolfmoon. We were lucky. He Comes Then Goes. We left and made out Quick Escape, but Who Ever Said it would be easy was nuts. Alright, we made it. Off to where the River Cross is and we will Buckle Up because we like to Take The Long Way. It's almost Seven O’Clock. Must get inside before Retrograde. ty
    tdawe said:

Can you blame them (us)?
    No, I get it - but some people take their disappointment too far.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    densan said:
    ugh pt2. man, do not waste your feeling of being screwed on this board by expressing how the 10 club sucks.
    Use your anger and disappointment to get what you want in a good way. Get off the board and get busy. Make it happen. Turn this into something good for yourself I know you can and will. There is no other option except to succeed. Good Luck!
    Yes, exactly!
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,333
    tdawe said:

Can you blame them (us)?
    No, I get it - but some people take their disappointment too far.
    Ha! I was just in Vegas this weekend to see Tool.  I was sitting at a table at the Aria wearing a 10club shirt and a guy noticed it and started chatting with me. He was a member since 97 and quit the club in 2010 because he got shut out for tix for PJ20.  He still seemed bitter! I told him it was time to let it go....
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    edited January 2020
    Those who are unsatisfied with the process seem to be losing sight of the fact that having thousands of tickets set aside exclusively for the fan club is pretty rare. For most bands, the fan club doesn't get preferential treatment and your only option is the regular ticketmaster route available to everyone. And if you want prime seats, you have to overpay for "platinum" or a "VIP" package. It's pretty fortunate to even have a legitimate chance at some of the best seats in the house for face value. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • If there are 99% odds to get in and many people are not because Emails have to match each other, I didn’t join the Ticketmaster fan club. I’m just nervous about Phoenix because I don’t know if my accounts match. I use a few different Ticketmaster accounts. We’ll get in either way
    I have a different email on Ticketmaster vs. Ten Club and got LA tix, so shouldn't be an issue. Pretty sure it's based on the presale code they sent you, which was my Ten Club Member number.
  • MR242791 said:
    It ain't over unitl the concerts are over.  
    AMEN!  It may not be the show you wanted and you might not be sitting/standing with your friends, but if yer at the show then you really are among friends. Totally cliche, but fact. 
    "...An undertow of futures laid to waste, embraced..." - Sad
    Columbus:  November 1991 "Get into this shit before Billy gets out here." - Ed  
    Cincy:  March 1992
    Columbus:  March 1992
    Cleveland:  July 1992 (Mudslides at Blossom) 
    Pittsburgh:  August 1992
    ------->Adulted for a while and didn't like it.
    Columbus:  August 2000
    Columbus:  June 2003
    -------->Parent stuff
    Phoenix:  November 2013
    St. Paul:  October 2014
    Seattle (1):  August 2018 
    Phoenix April 2020 (Ticket insanity)
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    densan said:
    You know what. Your post has really helped me through this tough time. You are speaking so much truth and shined such positive light on what since my 4 rejection emails has been a very dark time. Thank you for your positivity and thank you to the amazingly kind board member who DM’d me and made such a sweet gesture.  (Don’t know if they wanna be named but they are amazing.) Pearl Jam fans are the best. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
    Ty Pearljammr78 so much for taking the time and effort to let me/us know. Means everything. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,526
    KN219077 said:
    It’s not that hard to find tickets in the weeks before a show. It is hard to find multiple reserved seats next to each other. Join any of the various pj Facebook groups and you’ll find people offloading tickets 
    Is that going to work anymore?  They're using SafeTix, which prevents screenshots from working.   It sounds like the only way to buy/sell will be through the Fan portal PJ asked TM to setup.

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I love the optimism.  There are arguments on either side.  I didn't even look at odds, I got in touch with my PJ buddies and decided on a vacation.  The fact that we were given less than 3 days to decide pissed us all off.  Since I am on the east coast, I had to take a chance and go for both of the LA shows.  So far, I've only heard about 4/15, I got tickets.  I'm traveling across the country and was hoping for both LA shows.  I'm sure it will work out.  Either way, I'm going to see my friends.  We've been doing this PJ get together thing for a long time now.  I met all them via this board.  I'm going to see my friends.  
  • It’s not like I’m not going to the Nashville show, Who in the Pearl Jam business Thought it was a good idea to team up with Ticketmaster in this way,,If it’s not broke don’t fix it,,,Sell Outs!!
  • There are many things to like about this, and many to be annoyed with...for me personally (but also many others), I put in for two shows (Oakland), and received an email for one - days ago. So I check my email every 10 minutes since then, yet nothing. Why send just one email? Was this some glitch? It's happened to so many people, and it's ridiculous...