Micro-Moments - Live - You Know You Have Them!

I'm sure this will get buried in the 10C tix results but here's to nothing ... Every show that I’ve been to has at least one “micro moment” that, in passing, was almost un-noticeable but when listening to the boot means everything to me.

Listening to Salt Lake City 2009, that moment for me was during Yellow Ledbetter. I was on the floor and there were two people who had others on their shoulders (at least one looked like a kid, the other I don’t know), and security was making them get down.  Eddie saw what was going on and called out to the security guards saying to leave them alone because “there’s 2 minutes left – they’re alright—there’s only one minute left,” followed a few minutes later by “alright, be cool everybody—take it easy—we’re almost there!”  Every time I listen to that boot, that little exchange immediately takes me right back . Every time, I think about the tragedy in Roskilde and feel privileged that Eddie felt comfortable with the crowd to ride it out with me there. Tears have been shed, and not because it's dusty ...

Every show has them. Cleveland 2006 (a significant show for me personally on a lot of levels, but that’s another story altogether) has multiple. For example, at 1:25, for the lines “letters on a wooden mantle, next to a handsome face,” Eddie’s voice with Matt singing backup matches perfectly, and Matt is so in the pocket, and it’s just magical for me. Another from that same show is the transition from Daughter into It’s Ok (at 3:23). It gives me chills. Every. Single. Time. 

We all have them -- what are yours? And here's to more micro-moments in 2020!!!!

Comments

• jhager79jhager79 Posts: 246
    Mine is definitely the little ramble that Eddie has at the end of Evolution and before Wasted Reprise from the 2014 Detroit show. Puts a lot into perspective.
    [img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"
  • jhager79 said:
    Mine is definitely the little ramble that Eddie has at the end of Evolution and before Wasted Reprise from the 2014 Detroit show. Puts a lot into perspective.
    That first strum of its ok gets me everytime! Cried when I heard it a PJ20!
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,071
    This one’s for the serious collector...
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    So many...

My 1st show it is the loud cheer when Ed catches the shoes tossed at the stage during In My Tree, plus the Neil Young rust never sleeps tour shirt talk...

Randall's Island night 1 - I have a direct line to god, during Not For You

Randall's Island night 2 - You are somebody speech during Porch

It happens every show.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• fgdanzifgdanzi Posts: 137
    KN219077 said:
    STL 2014 Great show! Into to Thin Air. 
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,071
    fgdanzi said:
    KN219077 said:
    STL 2014 Great show! Into to Thin Air. 
    Ed says it alot, for me it was Missoula ‘18 Fatal. 
  • ST66483ST66483 Posts: 756
    edited January 2020
    That moment in the Toronto 2011 night  1 show where Neil Young walks out in stage, certain band members looked surprised, and the crowd absolutely roars.  Love hearing it every time I listen to the boot.

At that same show the first few notes of Crown as they transition from Chloe also feels/sounds fantastic.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Way too many to mention, but I was at the Hershey show when Ed called out the girl with mosquito bites (a lot more to it, but just give you reference).  I remember looking at the woman next to me, a complete stranger, and we were both shocked and laughing at the same time.  You go Ed.  
  • JH59748JH59748 Posts: 98
    Hartford 2013 when Eddie talked about the shooting and meeting some of the parents before the show   Also was the loudest concert I’ve ever been to ears were ringing the whole next day