Most inexpensive way to have SiriusXM (Pearl Jam Radio) in your car?

buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
edited January 2020 in The Porch
Please help!!!!
Post edited by buck502000 on

Comments

• Have you had an account before?  I think a new account is only 5-10 bucks per month.
  • Jay1187Jay1187 Posts: 119
    get the app on your phone and stream over bluetooth
    Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003 ,Fleet Center - Sep 28, 2004, Fleet Center - Sep 29, 2004, TD Garden - May 24, 2006, TD Garden - May 25, 2006
    Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008, Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008, TD Garden - May 17, 2010, DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013, Fenway 1 August 5, 2016
    Fenway 2 August 7, 2016, Wrigley 2 August 20, 2018, Fenway 1 Sept 2, 2018, Fenway 2 Sept 4, 2018, MSG Sept 11, 2022
  • $30 for 6 months. Just keep saying no and they will eventually come down to that. Or $25 for 5 months.
    Severed Hand
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,407
    edited January 2020
    do you currently have it or have you had it before?  call customer service.  you can usually get it off $5.99 a month for the first 6 months and then goes to the normal price.  so like getting 3 months for free and then when the year is up, fake cancelling and get the deal again.

I think you can also get an app subscription and use that in the car

or get a new car that gives it to you for free :)
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    RP123663 said:
    Have you had an account before?  I think a new account is only 5-10 bucks per month.

Yes, for the last 3-months.  Trial ends - it's like 99 for a year but then they tack n $45 for a US Royalty fee?

I do not want to play the call and dicker gamer every year.....

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429

Free to air.
  • I bought a lifetime membership for $400 in 2008.  Still have 2 new vehicles I can use that account on. Sirius/XM hates me lol.

I can tell you the new fleet truck I got in 2018 (Dodge Ram ecodiesel) had Sirius free for a full year. Not sure if all the automakers have the same deal.  I guess I’m not really much help here at all... 
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,407
    I bought a lifetime membership for $400 in 2008.  Still have 2 new vehicles I can use that account on. Sirius/XM hates me lol.

I can tell you the new fleet truck I got in 2018 (Dodge Ram ecodiesel) had Sirius free for a full year. Not sure if all the automakers have the same deal.  I guess I’m not really much help here at all... 
    I got that lifetime too when Stern announced he was going.  they hate me too
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Jay1187 said:
    ^ This
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Know someone that works there and get comped or be in Stern's Wack Pack.
  • RP123663RP123663 Posts: 77
    edited January 2020
    RP123663 said:
    Have you had an account before?  I think a new account is only 5-10 bucks per month.

Yes, for the last 3-months.  Trial ends - it's like 99 for a year but then they tack n $45 for a US Royalty fee?

Oh, well you have 2 choices.  Pay them their obnoxious fee, or spend 5 minutes on the phone, threaten to cancel and get it for $5 a month.  Pretty easy decision.
    Post edited by RP123663 on
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    I pay $5.99 plus taxes and fees. Signed up for a year. When they renew, I’ll hem and haw, kick and scream and they’ll renew at the same price. Subscriber numbers more important than revenue.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 385
    Jay1187 said:
    I tried downloading the APP. It asks for a Radio ID. I don’t have one, therefore I can’t get Sirius. Ideas??
  • MYMMYM Posts: 195
    You can purchase a device with a lifetime account on it on Ebay.
    Heftier price up front, but you've got it forever. so a couple of years in, you've broken even.

The only real downside has been the inconvenience -- it's not connected to the satellite or screen in my car, so i've got to put the little mobile satellite either on the dash or up on top of the sunroof slider thing.
    I keep that and the actual unit in the compartment between the front seats. I'm able to plug it in there and it keeps me from having wires going all over the car.
    Again, the most most convenient, but it's proven to be cost effective in the long run.
    Fenway 1 - 8/5/16
    Fenway 2 - 8/7/16
    Seattle 1 - 8/8/18
  • MYM said:
    You can purchase a device with a lifetime account on it on Ebay.
    Heftier price up front, but you've got it forever. so a couple of years in, you've broken even.

The only real downside has been the inconvenience -- it's not connected to the satellite or screen in my car, so i've got to put the little mobile satellite either on the dash or up on top of the sunroof slider thing.
    I keep that and the actual unit in the compartment between the front seats. I'm able to plug it in there and it keeps me from having wires going all over the car.
    Again, the most most convenient, but it's proven to be cost effective in the long run.
    Those receivers break easily. It’s why they sold the lifetime membership to begin with as it was before the satellites were installed on new vehicles.  The membership allowed for 5 (I think) device changes. 
    Anyways, you can go that route and if you are very careful with the receiver and it isn’t subjected to much abuse this is a decent option OR change the account to your vehicle if it has installed Sirius/XM.  
    I didn’t know you those were available on eBay... interesting 
  • I don't know how get it cheaply without calling them. I just had to do it a week ago, got the select package with the app, one year for $60.  it's annoying to call them, but they do give in quite easily so it's not super bad.  just be careful they initially signed me up for a select "lite" package that doesn't include the app and I had to call them back and yell at them.  they changed it for the same price.
  • d70d70 Posts: 16
    I just stream Pearl Jam Radio from this site over my bluetooth. Is it the same as the SiriusXM  ?

• buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    dum. you have to pay more for 2 cars
  • pulling69pulling69 Posts: 983
    Call the day before your sub is set to autorenew and tell them you want to cancel....they will get you the lower rate. Rinse and repeat every 6 months. I get All-Access for "6 months for $50" which after fees is about 64 bucks. It is set to autorenew for a rate of $99....nope, have never paid that.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 836
    I buy an annual for something like $99 and set an Outlook reminder to call them a week before renewal and use the word cancel a lot. They keep finding a deal to renew at the old price. I love the service. The app has all kinds of new alt rock discovery and hits channels.
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    The cheapest they'll go is $50/6 months for the top package, and $30/6 months for the package without Stern. Just keep saying no until they offer one of those deals. Add another $10-15 for taxes, fees, royalties, etc. I personally don't think it's worth it, as I hear the same songs over and over and over. To each their own though.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,954
    The cheapest they'll go is $50/6 months for the top package, and $30/6 months for the package without Stern. Just keep saying no until they offer one of those deals. Add another $10-15 for taxes, fees, royalties, etc. I personally don't think it's worth it, as I hear the same songs over and over and over. To each their own though.
    I kinda agree with this.  I thought I would love it but was a little underwhelmed when I did the trial.  I prefer streaming Tidal or using the 80gb iPod Classic I have connected in the car.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• d70 said:
    I just stream Pearl Jam Radio from this site over my bluetooth. Is it the same as the SiriusXM  ?

This
  • 1upstate1upstate Posts: 201
    RP123663 said:
    RP123663 said:

Oh, well you have 2 choices.  Pay them their obnoxious fee, or spend 5 minutes on the phone, threaten to cancel and get it for $5 a month.  Pretty easy decision.
    This-

My wife and I have had an account each since 2007 - I call every year when I get a $450 bill and tell them I'm not paying more than $100 (plus $17.50 fee bull crap) per account.This is all access, radio and ap.   I've gone as far as  cancelling during the conversation when they don't appear to want to budge...Unlike Spectrum cable , who won't budge, ,Sirius seems to understand,something is better than nothing 
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,351
    d70 said:

Nope. https://pearljam.com/radio/ is not the same as listening to SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio Channel 22.
  • It is so repetitive, I got it free for 3 months on a new car a while back and I was sick of it by month 2.  I couldn’t imagine paying for it.

apple music/Spotify are way better for my needs.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    dum. you have to pay more for 2 cars
    I have an Ultimate Ears Bluetooth speaker I tote around in my second car, stream from my phone. Sounds great.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    listen through other peoples' open windows of their car.
  • kaseylilykaseylily Posts: 259
    edited January 2020
    demetrios said:
    d70 said:

Nope. https://pearljam.com/radio/ is not the same as listening to SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio Channel 22.
    I actually like the PJ radio off their website better than the Sirius channel.
    Personal preference. ..but it's free..
    Post edited by kaseylily on
  • JF116983JF116983 Posts: 176
    Please help!!!!
    The cheapest I have seen is like 20/25 bucks (may have gone up to 30) for 6 months for the basic package. U have to cancel b4 renewal and then they will give you that price. 

They will also send you deals in your email periodically so signing up will help you get in their systems. Hope this helps.