demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,698
    2 months to go!
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    Booked at comfort inn....crazy horse bar is halfway to venue and back 😏
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    There is also the Evergreen ales tap room a 20 minute walk from the arena. evergreencraftales.com.  Open till 9 on Friday nights.
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    There is also the Evergreen ales tap room a 20 minute walk from the arena. evergreencraftales.com.  Open till 9 on Friday nights.
    Any info on https://www.les3brasseurs.ca/en/find-a-3-brasseurs/kanata/ right by Crazy Horse and Holiday Inn
  • Options
    euchrid said:
    Any info on https://www.les3brasseurs.ca/en/find-a-3-brasseurs/kanata/ right by Crazy Horse and Holiday Inn
    Awesome awesome awesomeeee
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,066
    so should I cancel my hotel in Bywhatever and go closer to kanata?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Moo said:
    Thanks  so much for the train tips....just upgraded to business class
    Always happy to contribute. Hell I've never been myself but a coworker who is in our Montreal office filled me in. I verified on their website. A quick YouTube search will show the nice seating setup. 

For a 6+ hour ride... open bar alone is worth over the $30 difference. Throw in a proper meal and improved seating? No brainer :) 
    Biz class it is on the party train!
  • Options
    GP179117GP179117 Posts: 362
    If you're looking for drinks within walking distance...  There's a hockey complex called Bell Sensplex about a 5 minute walk down the road from CTC.   There's a Bar/restaurant upstairs called Stanleys.   usually have a local craft beer or two on tap.  

Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.
  • Options
    Guessing pre party @ Bert's that's connected to the Canadian Tire Centre. 
  • Options
    mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited January 2020
    demetrios said:
    That place has pretty terrible reviews but I suppose an overpriced beer or two can't hurt. :) 

Thoughts on Tommy's for pizza a km or two to the East? Staying at GLo Best Western next door. 

Post edited by mattsavard on
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    kid canadakid canada Toronto Posts: 443
    The Palladium, er, Corel Centre, er, Scotiabank, er, Canadian Tire Centre is the worst. One road in and one road out.
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    That place has pretty terrible reviews but I suppose an overpriced beer or two can't hurt. :)

Thought the service & food was good. Only been there twice for Pearl Jam's '11 & '16 shows.
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:

Thought the service & food was good. Only been there twice for Pearl Jam's '11 & '16 shows.
    That's twice more than me. Good to know, was just going off reviews online! Thanks for the clarification! 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    Staying in the Hilton Hampton close to the train station if anyone wants to share a cab/uber to and from the show
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
  • Options
    Berts is a giant clusterfuck on game/show nights.  too many people trying to get in there. 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    GP179117 said:
    Berts is a giant clusterfuck on game/show nights.  too many people trying to get in there. 
    Is there any other place around the arena ? 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    D-Rod said:
    GP179117 said:
    Is there any other place around the arena ? 
    Nothing in immediate vicinity. Crazy Horse is one of closer places but it’s about a 30 minute walk. Booked my table already.
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    euchrid said:
     I haven't been to the Kanata one although I have heard not great. I have been to the Montreal one and it was ok. It's like a chain of brewpubs and people have told me it feels a lot like a chain restaurant. 

That said I think the only time I had Evergreen Ales beer is at a beer fest and I think it was good. I keep meaning to get out there but haven't had the chance.
  • Options
    Can anyone comment as to the taxi/Uber/Lyft situation post show, for those of us trying to figure out how we are getting back to our hotels? :) 

• Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 711
    I’ve been to 3 brasseurs in a few other cities sand it has good beer and food.  Not been to the Kanata one, but the one on Sparks Street, and others are good.
  • Options
    GP179117 said:
    That's great for pre parties. More fans the better for the charity / party. :) 
  • Options
    I got tickets!! They are towards the back but I don't even care just happy I got some.
    9/28/2004 Boston, Mass
    5/12/2006 Albany, NY
    6/01/2006 E Rutherford, NJ
    6/24/2008, NYC MSG, NY
    6/25/2008, NYC MSG, NY
    10/27/2009 Philli, PA Spectrum 1
    5/21/2010 NYC MSG 2, NY
    10/25/13 Hartford, Ct
  • Options
    Anyone have any good suggestions of what to do earlier in the day for this show?
    9/28/2004 Boston, Mass
    5/12/2006 Albany, NY
    6/01/2006 E Rutherford, NJ
    6/24/2008, NYC MSG, NY
    6/25/2008, NYC MSG, NY
    10/27/2009 Philli, PA Spectrum 1
    5/21/2010 NYC MSG 2, NY
    10/25/13 Hartford, Ct
  • Options
    Can anyone comment as to the taxi/Uber/Lyft situation post show, for those of us trying to figure out how we are getting back to our hotels? :) 
    Shitshow.

If you are able to score a lift then there is the traffic jam to get onto the hwy back into the city.  Think the cab ride back in 2016 was close to $50.  Uber was 5X surge pricing do about double the cab ride.  Waited for a good 30-40 mins to even get a cab.

That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
  • Options
    Koi mattsavard said:
    Shitshow.

If you are able to score a lift then there is the traffic jam to get onto the hwy back into the city.  Think the cab ride back in 2016 was close to $50.  Uber was 5X surge pricing do about double the cab ride.  Waited for a good 30-40 mins to even get a cab.
    Gotcha!! So there is a cab stand where folks line up and cabs just show up? Or do you have to call a cab specifically? 

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,651
    I remember we should up early afternoon and you could just park at the arena before they lock it down in preparation for the show and charging people to park. If you’re inside the lot before it’s locked down you’re fine.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Eroom21Eroom21 Canada Posts: 100
    Driving up to Ottawa from St. Catharines early Friday morning.  Staying at the Holiday Inn in Kanata.
  • Options
    I think we should have a pre party at the Fairfield Inn closest hotel to the venue.  I’m staying there anyone else?
  • Options
    The public transit (OC transpo) is pretty good to the CTC.  they should have a bunch of buses (400 series) that are non-stop from downtown to CTC (and home again after show).  
    $3.60 
    No waiting.  

• Options
    just don't ask any locals how the light rail is doing  :angry:  :anguished: