TicketNews article on resales

gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
edited January 2020 in The Porch
For those of you thinking about secondary market tickets I'd read that last sentence. THis was on ticketnews.com site, I can post link to article if you want. Statement from TM.

“Pearl Jam has a long-standing commitment to protecting and advocating for their fans, and keeping ticket prices fair is central to that promise. To ensure tickets are not offered to fans above face value, the band decided that all tickets for their tour would not be transferable to avoid resale at inflated prices. Non-transferability is being extensively communicated to fans throughout the announcement and sales process.  Recognizing that some fans may be unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances, the band also requested that Ticketmaster develop a first-of-its-kind, Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange, where fans can sell their tickets at face value (including fees from original purchase) to other fans. The Exchange is free for both buyers and sellers to use without any additional fees. To eliminate consumer confusion, Ticketmaster has also notified major secondary marketplaces and resellers that tickets for this tour are not available for resale"

Post edited by gotthebottle on

Comments

• pulling69pulling69 Posts: 983
    Resale will still happen for the Denver and NYC shows.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    This should be good.  This means TM cant steal their own tickets and resell them.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    PJ always the trend setter!  I'm impressed they got Ticketmaster to agree to this!!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,526
    edited January 2020
    I imagine they can only enforce the non-transferable on the 10c tickets?

I'm assuming people who buy the public sale can choose their delivery preference like 2018?

I am curious about the fan ticket portal.  Will it be restricted to 10c members?   Do you simply post your tickets for sale, and anyone can scoop them up?   If people can sell to a specific person (knowing their contact info) there would be nothing to stop them from asking for extra cash on the side.    I imagine it simply be anonymous posting of tickets?
    Post edited by Zod on