Credit Card Compromised with Lotto

After entering the lottery yesterday, I awoke this morning to a handful of charges I did not make on my credit card and it has been disabled. Ticketmaster is unable to modify my info to change to an alternate purchase. From the wording in the lottery info, it sounds like I'll be notified my card was declined, but won't get tickets I'm drawn for. Horrible way to start the day! Anyone else seeing such an issue? Seems like terrible luck with no chance to hold onto chances in the lottery. I'm hoping this was not from a breach in the ticket entry site.

Comments

• Sabotage?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • This exact thing happened to me! Someone got hold of my cc# after I entered the lottery, and the bank disabled that card and gave me a new one. Unfortunately, Ticketmaster cannot (or will not) updated my cc#. I am extremely frustrated as this obviously was out of my hands. Two different people at Ticketmaster told me there is nothing they can do, and once my card gets denied, it will automatically go to the next person. I also saw the message that we will be notified if cc gets declined, but from talking to them it doesn't sound like that's going to happen. 
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Wow.
  • I just spent an hour and a half on the phone with my CC. Was told Thursday that they would lift the restriction if I called. Last night and this evening that was no longer the story. So very frustrating. I think I need a lotto only CC.

The language in the ticket information is confusing. Says insufficient funds will be given to next person. Then says all denials will be contacted. Trying to keep a slim bit of hope we will have an option. 

Has anyone had a card denied that can share how it was handled this time around?

I can't believe info can't be updated. With it linked to our TM account, you would think they could have payment options available we have in our accounts. (Or that some person at a computer can't just change the info.)
  • JF116983JF116983 Posts: 176
    It’s highly unlikely your CC got compromised for the lottery, you probably got compromised on another website/gas station/store - here is a little advice, use different cards for Gas/Online/Restaurants use as gas stations and restaurants are notorious for having issues. I have seen FBI presentations on this
  • iamloco724iamloco724 Posts: 1,441
    JF116983 said:
    It’s highly unlikely your CC got compromised for the lottery, you probably got compromised on another website/gas station/store - here is a little advice, use different cards for Gas/Online/Restaurants use as gas stations and restaurants are notorious for having issues. I have seen FBI presentations on this

or spyware on the device you entered your card info on
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    FYI 
    Friend that had credit card problem got email saying tickets are being held for them (not MSG) and they will send instructions on when they will run it again. Pretty awesome to do it:

We Are Holding Tickets For You Until TUESDAY EVENING
    Ten Club is holding a limited amount tickets throughout the venue to accommodate members with credit card declines.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • I got a similar email. Thankful there is a chance!