Single ticket option = better odds/better location?

Do you think the introduction of single tickets will provide better location for those with higher numbers?  

My thinking is that those like me(6xxxxx) will get a little closer because more people will be buying singles instead of being required to buy 2.  

Not that I care as long as I’m in the building. 

Looking forward to getting my seat assignments. 

Comments

• DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    I agree with this. I've used the 'single ticket theory' with other bands over the years and it works great. Was 7 rows back from the stage for Radiohead on their In Rainbows tour a few years ago in Camden (was actually directly behind Philip Selway's wife). It's definitely a great move by 10C and will absolutely help those of us who hate having to get rid of an extra ticket and like the odds of getting a better seat as a result of going to a PJ show alone.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • I love the single ticket option. My regular plus one can’t make the Nashville show and I’d much rather buy a single and go alone than try to unload my spare. My wife calls it the “I’m married to someone who is not really into Pearl Jam” option. I’m guessing that singles will move up a few rows. My number is 189xxx so my seats are usually really good but I won’t complain if they’re a little better. 
  • DeLukin said:
    I agree with this. I've used the 'single ticket theory' with other bands over the years and it works great. Was 7 rows back from the stage for Radiohead on their In Rainbows tour a few years ago in Camden (was actually directly behind Philip Selway's wife). It's definitely a great move by 10C and will absolutely help those of us who hate having to get rid of an extra ticket and like the odds of getting a better seat as a result of going to a PJ show alone.
    I back your single ticket theory. I’ve always gotten better seats when I’m only buying one ticket. 
  • MozzyMozzy Posts: 154
    edited January 2020
    I think it might not get a better seat. It's typically easier to get better seats using a single ticket during the general sale because there will be gaps of one seat available closer to the front. 10C said that they are going to potentially split pairs of tix to the seats at the ends of rows, so some people sharing a pair of 10C tickets may be on two different rows. They said they'd be doing this because of the option of single tix will leave gaps, which leads me to believe they'll just be assigning seats based on seniority snaking up and down the rows and not filing in empty single seats with requests. 
    Post edited by Mozzy on
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,836
    Mozzy said:
    I think it might not get a better seat. It's typically easier to get better seats using a single ticket during the general sale because there will be gaps of one seat available closer to the front. 10C said that they are going to potentially split pairs of tix to the seats at the ends of rows, so some people sharing a pair of 10C tickets may be on two different rows. They said they'd be doing this because of the option of single tix will leave gaps, which leads me to believe they'll just be assigning seats based on seniority snaking up and down the rows and not filing in empty single seats with requests. 
    ^ This. If they aren't forcing pairs to be side-by-side, you can bet that singles will be in seniority order and have no added bonus.

The only real "added" benefit I see with single tickets is that if a solo traveler only needs one, they have the option to avoid getting an extra, leading to one more ticket freed up for the 10c presale buyers.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    I don't see how it will make a difference being chosen or seating. They pull names to "win" 1 or 2 tickets. I'm assuming once that is done a computer assigns seats based on numbers. Sure, if you're a single and there's a single 1 row up you will probably get put in. But I don't think it will be a noticeable difference. No one with number 500xxx is going to be row 10 because they were a single. They'll be row WW55 instead of WW56.
  • risrisrisris Posts: 81
    My best guess is that I’ll be one section closer than if all the single concert goers had to buy 2 tickets. Not bad. 

Are they still doing the 1/2, 9/10 drawing?
  • risris said:
    My best guess is that I’ll be one section closer than if all the single concert goers had to buy 2 tickets. Not bad. 

Are they still doing the 1/2, 9/10 drawing?

They only do those drawings for shows without GA