42% Chance for SD GA Tix

Was no problemo in '95, '13 and many others.  Uggh.  LOCALS ONLY.  Sorry in advance, but do you really need to go to 8 shows per tour?  Whateva, whateva

Comments

• MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    The odds are made up of every request, including 2nd choices, etc. So if SD is your first choice, you're odds are better than 42%. 
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• kaw753kaw753 Posts: 836
    I'm going to doubt anyone but locals has Monday night in San Diego as there first choice. I added it as like #7. If it were a Saturday night, it goes to #1 or #2.
  • Ahh. That's good 
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    You guys don't understand the odds.. there are 5 threads right now that explain why the % doesn't tell you the real likelihood of getting tickets. 
    The odds takes into account even people who put the show as their 7th choice
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    edited January 2020
    Was no problemo in '95, '13 and many others.  Uggh.  LOCALS ONLY.  Sorry in advance, but do you really need to go to 8 shows per tour?  Whateva, whateva
    Odds are 99% for getting in the building.  Good stuff!.

And using your logic, only people in 10 cities should be able to see Pearl Jam this year?

There is no local Pearl Jam show.  None.  Doesn’t exist.   
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    You guys don't understand the odds.. there are 5 threads right now that explain why the % doesn't tell you the real likelihood of getting tickets. 
    The odds takes into account even people who put the show as their 7th choice
    Yes, I now see that my post about about odds were mistaken. Sorry for the bad info. You're lumped in with the unwashed masses from everywhere. Sorry about that!
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• Was no problemo in '95, '13 and many others.  Uggh.  LOCALS ONLY.  Sorry in advance, but do you really need to go to 8 shows per tour?  Whateva, whateva
    I can't help but read this with a Jeff Spicoli voice...."Was no problemo in '95....no shirt, no shoes, no dice."
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    no need to go to more then 8.

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Was no problemo in '95, '13 and many others.  Uggh.  LOCALS ONLY.  Sorry in advance, but do you really need to go to 8 shows per tour?  Whateva, whateva
    Odds are 99% for getting in the building.  Good stuff!.

And using your logic, only people in 10 cities should be able to see Pearl Jam this year?

There is no local Pearl Jam show.  None.  Doesn’t exist.   
    This.  No way to rewind the clock and roll back technology and eliminate supply and demand.  
    Don't bitch about access to tickets unless you want to go back to only getting to request ONE show.  Even then there's no way in hell 10C is going to volunteer to apply better odds to "locals" or in state people.  Not realistic.  Be happy with what we have.  It could be a lot less.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • I love the locals only take.
    Too funny.
    You have a 99% chance of entry, you need to be GA at a show?
    :lol:

My wave, locals only!  🌊
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Too funny.

My wave, locals only!  🌊
    I've been surfing in the SD area...there is a definite "locals only" attitude on a lot the waves....
  • TA243471TA243471 Posts: 1,234
    kaw753 said:
    I'm going to doubt anyone but locals has Monday night in San Diego as there first choice. I added it as like #7. If it were a Saturday night, it goes to #1 or #2.

The 6 of us coming down from the Seattle area wouldnt be considered locals, but we all have SD and #1.  Gotta get tix to the 1st one if you are going to go to all 5 on the coast.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula, Dana Point 1 & 2
  • TA243471 said:
    kaw753 said:

The 6 of us coming down from the Seattle area wouldnt be considered locals, but we all have SD and #1.  Gotta get tix to the 1st one if you are going to go to all 5 on the coastTA243471 said:
    kaw753 said:

The 6 of us coming down from the Seattle area wouldnt be considered locals, but we all have SD and #1.  Gotta get tix to the 1st one if you are going to go to all 5 on the coast.
    All good. Regional is allowed. Hahaha 
  • Locals only, awesome I’ll have a rail spot in Phoenix and can show up late!!! There’s like 5 of us out here 
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
    Too funny.

My wave, locals only!  🌊

Gracias. I was being only half-serious about localism. Way rather be GA, but there's no bad seat at sdsu.

But I do think that when it comes to the fan club (getting key seats) there should be a show number limit.  Apply for as many as ya want, but you shouldn't get a ton of them.  
  • That is why they have the priority, to allow for them to get access after others who prioritize for those shows....
  • Nothing you can do if they pick San diego with their #1 pick, though.  
    Too funny.

My wave, locals only!  🌊

Gracias. I was being only half-serious about localism. Way rather be GA, but there's no bad seat at sdsu.

But I do think that when it comes to the fan club (getting key seats) there should be a show number limit.  Apply for as many as ya want, but you shouldn't get a ton of them.  
    Seeing that there is a 99% chance that you can get a reserved seat at nearly all of the venues in the Spring Tour (Not MSG or Balt), why not put in for all of the shows?....if you can afford to go.  Fills up the venue with 10C fans....doesn't steal a seat from a 10C member.  
  • No pit tickets.  Didn't bother with reserved seats, I'd rather scalp a single pit ticket.  Once again, stop being obsessive, greedy, touring superfans.  As Matt Cameron said, quite eloquently, "Where do they get the money?"  Yes, he was poking fun at you.

Sorry, for real, but I just don't get it.  Have fun.
    So you’re saying they should go the “same setlist every night” model??

my favorite tour was in 2000. 6 shows driving to each with a different person. Memories and friends made. I’m older now and am good with 1-2 per tour, but to each their own. I get it. 
  • BennyLaRueBennyLaRue Posts: 751
    edited January 2020
    No pit tickets.  Didn't bother with reserved seats, I'd rather scalp a single pit ticket.  
    How are you going to do that when the person who paid for the ticket has to enter with their phone?
    I love the locals only take.
    Too funny.

My wave, locals only!  🌊

Nice thought.  And I think since I am a fan, and 10 club member, I should be able to do anything within the rules and my budget to see as many shows as I want.  Good luck with trying to limit fans of a band from seeing shows they are willing to pay for.
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula, Dana Point 1 & 2
  • Locals only, awesome I’ll have a rail spot in Phoenix and can show up late!!! There’s like 5 of us out here 
    I want the back rail.  So I can lean against it like my car in HS.  The rail is yours up front.
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • No pit tickets.  Didn't bother with reserved seats, I'd rather scalp a single pit ticket.  
    How are you going to do that when the person who paid for the ticket has to enter with their phone?

Huh?  There will be paper tix (even if it's mostly/all 10c, and non-ticket package ones)
  • Hi BennyLaRue said:
    No pit tickets.  Didn't bother with reserved seats, I'd rather scalp a single pit ticket.  

Huh?  There will be paper tix (even if it's mostly/all 10c, and non-ticket package ones)
    Huh?
  • TA243471 said:
    I love the locals only take.
    Too funny.

My wave, locals only!  🌊

Nice thought.  And I think since I am a fan, and 10 club member, I should be able to do anything within the rules and my budget to see as many shows as I want.  Good luck with trying to limit fans of a band from seeing shows they are willing to pay for.

Not what I was saying (limiting via a rule).  I am saying that people should police themselves.  
  • No pit tickets.  Didn't bother with reserved seats, I'd rather scalp a single pit ticket.  

No paper tickets for this tour.  Only digital, on a phone.

Cool, dude

Pearl Jam has opted to use Ticketmaster’s SafeTix technology for its upcoming tour, despite the band’s rocky history with the ticketing giant.

The US rock band said the move gives fans the “best chance to buy ticket at face value for this tour,” as SafeTix tackles touts by automatically refreshing tickets every few seconds to offer a unique barcode that can’t be screenshotted.

They said in the announcement: “Pearl Jam has decided that tickets will be mobile only and strictly non-transferable. Ticket purchasers will be required to enter the venue with their guests. Ticketmaster SafeTix mobile tickets will be issued for all tickets for all shows and requires a smartphone to display. No other tickets will be accepted for entry.”

The Gigaton Tour, titled after its new album, will kick off at Toronto’s ScotiaBank arena on March 18.

Pearl Jam previously spoke out against Ticketmaster and its dominance in the market and began boycotting venues that used the ticketing giant as its vendor. The band also spoke before the U.S. Congress, arguing that they had tried to keep ticket prices below $20, but Ticketmaster added high service fees.

Ticketmaster said in a statement about the band’s decision: “Pearl Jam has a long-standing commitment to protecting and advocating for their fans, and keeping ticket prices fair is central to that promise. To ensure tickets are not offered to fans above face value, the band decided that all tickets for their tour would not be transferable to avoid resale at inflated prices. Non-transferability is being extensively communicated to fans throughout the announcement and sales process.

“Recognising that some fans may be unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances, the band also requested that Ticketmaster develop a first-of-its-kind, Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange, where fans can sell their tickets at face value (including fees from original purchase) to other fans. The Exchange is free for both buyers and sellers to use without any additional fees. To eliminate consumer confusion, Ticketmaster has also notified major secondary marketplaces and resellers that tickets for this tour are not available for resale.”

Fans must sign up through Ticketmaster’s Verified Fan programme to gain access to the presale on January 23, followed by a general onsale on January 24.

Ticketmaster’s Fan-To-Fan Exchange will open for the tour on February 18 where fans can resell their tickets for the price they paid, including fees, and no fees will be charged to exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the exchange.