Please consider changing the stage setup for the Fall tour. Put it in the middle!!!!

Listen, I am fine with the no-frills approach to the stage production. Almost 30 yrs of shows now for me.  I am just suggesting a change - I went to a Mumford show recently at an Arena - the stage was in the middle of the floor - so the GA space was literally around the stage and the band sort of walked around during the show with the drums in the middle (and/or very slow rotation of the stage).  The visuals were fantastic for seating and the GA section was only 5-6 rows of people deep bc it surrounded the stage.  The old days of all of the monitors and speakers, etc. needing to be on the stage is over - as is the front of the stage concept.  Technology has allowed bands to be much more creative.  Please consider and thank you.

Comments

• CrewCrew Posts: 299
    I actually could get on board with this.  

However, half the fun of GA is feeling the entire ocean of people surrounding you, feeling the same way.. not 5 or 6 rows worth!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Please don't turn into U2 or Coldplay.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    The Mumford Delta stage just split the GA floor into two halves, and don't know what show you went to but the ones I went to were much more than 5-6 rows deep.  What this really did was allow for the selling of all seats in an arena; there was no "behind the stage" seats.  The only wasted space was the actual stage.