Seniority Range?

In your opinion what range would you consider your membership # as like really good from a seniority standpoint? It’s been so long time but I thought I started in 96 and my number was around 1425000 range. Is that excellent, really good, average etc 

Comments

• given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    edited January 2020
    Excellent. I'm 128xxx and it would probably be my most valuable possession if my brother and concert buddy wasn't 124xxx. So I guess he's my most valuable possession 😁
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • KC2917KC2917 Posts: 872
    I’m assuming you added a zero there. 142500 is pretty good, considering they’re into the 700k’s now
  • poisonpoison Posts: 65
    Yep that’s a typo 142xxx .... damn I didn’t know they were in the 700s now glad I’ve stayed active
  • bobhopebobhope Posts: 67
    130000-ish - dont forget about adjustment over the years to the tens of thousands that have probably not renewed and are no longer ahead of you.  it takes a special breed to remember this long to keep it current.  as life moves on, sometimes you forget to renew until last minute, etc., unless you are still crazy and it means alot.  pay tuition, check.  pay the bills, check. make sure update went through to ten club, check.
  • sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774
    That's why they offer auto renew...
    i knew someone would say that.  sometimes credit cards expire...

• sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774
    ccs always expire eventually.
    always - eventually.  good night SF dude

• JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,212
    Wish I hadn't let my original membership from 02 expire but college got in the way 🤪. Rejoined in 2015. I guess my current 533xxx number isn't so bad considering we are over 700k now. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • DC29940DC29940 Posts: 661
    I’m 168xxx and feel really good about it. First joined in ‘98. I will never let it lapse for sure. 
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    When I was 12 years old my dad told me I should send $5 to the PO Box in the Vs liner notes and join the Ten Club. Naturally my reaction was to roll my eyes at my old man. It was another 20 years before I realized I wasn’t too cool to join a band’s fan club, and now here I am with my 506xxx number and a son who doesn’t listen to my wisdom. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 248
    I finally joined in 2013 and am 497xxx. My most recent Reserved pair was Seattle N1 2018. We were 16 rows off the field near 3rd base, which I was thrilled with. Doing both nights of Oakland, interested to see where I end up!
  • JC29866JC29866 Posts: 85
    I’m 168xxx.   In the old days, this used to get me some amazing seats, usually 5th row or closer at most pavilion shows.  Recent years I have been less impressed with the seats, since fewer shows has meant more people with higher seniority pushing me back further. 
    DC29940 said:
    I’m 168xxx and feel really good about it. First joined in ‘98. I will never let it lapse for sure. 
    I am also 168xxx, class of 98.  There was a time I let my membership lapse, and I emailed 10c pleading to keep my old number and they let me keep it. 
  • 2003/2004 (can’t remember) 330xxx
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • pjrusspjruss Posts: 494
    JC29866 said:
    I’m 168xxx.   In the old days, this used to get me some amazing seats, usually 5th row or closer at most pavilion shows.  Recent years I have been less impressed with the seats, since fewer shows has meant more people with higher seniority pushing me back further. 
    Fewer shows, yes. But the main reason seats are further back these days is bc of GA. 
    I’m 253,xxx and am pretty happy with where I typically end up. 
    Fewer shows, yes. But the main reason seats are further back these days is bc of GA. 
    I’m saying in addition to GA, within the reserved seats I have been pushed back much further.  
  • 2003/2004 (can’t remember) 330xxx
    I am about the same!
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,526
    My thoughts on are if you signed up before seniority counted for anything, you've got a decent membership.  I think that's people under 200kish.   I think people under 150 have a pretty good one.  People under 100 are laughing all the way to the front.  Mine starts with 164 and I got decent seats, but not in the first 10 rows or anything.

I never seem to gain seniority either.  My seats kept getting further back.  I think people who older memberships value their worth.   I think the turnover rate became minimal for people who had been members that long.   Hence why people couldn't really ever gain senoirity.

I think if your a newer member, it's easier to cancel... wait for the next tour, hear the rumours, signup before the official announcement. 

I suppose theres some nuance to make medium quality membership after 200k(ish) but I always felt that once seniority became a thing, those memberships until that point locked in.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,526
    JC29866 said:
    I’m saying in addition to GA, within the reserved seats I have been pushed back much further.  
    There were several things that kept pushing seats further back. Originally you couldn't buy more than 2 tickets.  Once they expanded that it pushed me back further (as more 10c'ers were there seeing a multiple).   The 2nd was the lotto.  Unless you win (which I never did) it pushed you four more rows back.

That's why I liked the intro of GA.   My seats started getting past row 20.  Always closer at GA :)
  • I'm a 148xxx.  Now adays I always get reserved seats because my wife has no interest in waiting in the GA line.  I'm also super happy with my seats.  
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    Zod said:
    JC29866 said:
    There were several things that kept pushing seats further back. Originally you couldn't buy more than 2 tickets.  Once they expanded that it pushed me back further (as more 10c'ers were there seeing a multiple).   The 2nd was the lotto.  Unless you win (which I never did) it pushed you four more rows back.

That's why I liked the intro of GA.   My seats started getting past row 20.  Always closer at GA :)
    It is also what shows you hit up for too and I think with the exception of the Riot Act tour when you could request to our hearts delight and 05 Canada, that created a lot of downward pressure and ultimately does now with fewer shows.

In 1996, my first tour year, I did Toronto and Randalls Island.  Toronto was my fanclub for sure, and got GA.  I think I did Randalls via fanclub too but it did not matter it was all one giant GA.  

In 1998, I did a stretch of 8,22, 8,25, 8,26 and 8,28 then 9.8, 9.10 and 9.11.  I used my fanclubs on Barrie, which was a mistake because it turned out to be an all GA show.  We were lawn for everything else other than 9.8 and 9.11 due to some great fortune grabbing side of stage Mike Side in lower bowl face value on TM (early days of internet).  Had I requested 9.10 for fanclub and likely lost I would have been among the fortunate that got offers to get FC for 9.11.  Deep sad sigh.

In 2000 it was still just 1 show, my wifes FC was used for 8.24 (her membership since long expired now) decent but it was in the beginning of 2nd tier at JB.  Managed to get better seats for 8.23 at basically face (early days of EBay) and even better seats for 8.25 (paid mucho for these like more than face of 2020 tix, but do not regret it, the original No Code show before there was Moline full code).   My buddy used his TC for us in Charlotte on 8.3 probably about 8th rowish is my recollection.  Then we got 2nd section first row on floor for Greensboro.

2003, I was 3rd row 4.29 with my tickets, night before I went with a tape trading friend to 4.28 and were the first row of the second floor section, about row 20ish overall, it was great because we had no one in front of us.  5.3 used mind for State College and was in the back third of the first section Stone side.   Used FC for 6.29 and was basically row 2 on Stone side, stage side bowl.  (BTW god I wish I brought a camera to these shows in the days before mobile phones).  The rest of that tour for me was all luck.  Somehow extra TC tickets were available for 7.5 and 7.6 ended with mine for 7.5 late in the game and was like 5th row Mikes side, and then about 10th for the next night with someone else extra.  Then 7.8 I snagged a slightly off side stage section 64 stone side single late in game, pretty good decision.  Friends fanclub for 7.9 has us about row 40 on the floor.  Finished with 7,14 in the pavillion via TM.

2005 was basically same seat same row for Montreal and Ottawa, 9, Mike side.
    2006 was just one show as life with kids became complex.  Albany, Friday night, ended up about row 15 Stone side. 

Saw Garden 2 in 2008 with a buddys tix lower bowl Stone.

The next time I was able to use my TC was 2013 Ontario, dead center row 6.  Philly 2016 night 2 was packed so was lower bowl about six rows up stone side one section back side of stage.   Scored nice with fenway 2, A5, row 13.  2018 with the few shows Fenway 2 was B section.

My coffee less ramble point being, who knows what 2020 brings.  I hope to get one GA from the 4 shows I put in for.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Im 123xxx. Got a free club membership with the Voters for Choice show I won tickets for...which happened 25 years ago today... Crazy.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,672
    Seniority might get you close on the sides but different venues have different holds for "VIPs" of one sort or another. I have a mid 5 figure seniority.
    Here's my 2016 Florida breakdown...

FLL 2nd row by Stone
    MiA 14th row by Mike
    TAM 7th row by Stone

Unfortunately PJ has no problem putting family/friends/VIPs in front of fans who have been club members for a very long time. I understand but feel it is unfortunate.

Hope everyone gets the shows they want

• potnikpotnik Posts: 461
    edited January 2020
    I have given up on my seniority.  Was 145xxx, at some point apparently lapsed and am now 539xxx.  
    Post edited by potnik on
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    Seniority might get you close on the sides but different venues have different holds for "VIPs" of one sort or another. I have a mid 5 figure seniority.

FLL 2nd row by Stone
    MiA 14th row by Mike
    TAM 7th row by Stone

Unfortunately PJ has no problem putting family/friends/VIPs in front of fans who have been club members for a very long time. I understand but feel it is unfortunate.

I think the VIP area gets larger over the years.  My number is pretty good (109xxx) but seems to creep back over time.  Are the prime grayed out areas currently showing for MSG 10 club VIP or some other type?  Those look like the best seats in the house.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,672
    Noload said:

FLL 2nd row by Stone
    MiA 14th row by Mike
    TAM 7th row by Stone

I think the VIP area gets larger over the years.  My number is pretty good (109xxx) but seems to creep back over time.  Are the prime grayed out areas currently showing for MSG 10 club VIP or some other type?  Those look like the best seats in the house.
    I believe that MSG refers to those 2 sections as "house seats". If you get in check out who is in those seats. It will be a who's who of music, movies, politics,  etc.
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    466XXX here - no complaints in tickets I’ve won over the years 
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    Noload said:

FLL 2nd row by Stone
    MiA 14th row by Mike
    TAM 7th row by Stone

I believe that MSG refers to those 2 sections as "house seats". If you get in check out who is in those seats. It will be a who's who of music, movies, politics,  etc.
    That's what I was thinking.  Thats usually where I end up in the 1st section on Mike's side so guess will be pushed in another direction if I get in.  I will try to get a photo with Ta-Ta-Toothy if he's in VIP.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • BR2428BR2428 Posts: 129

FLL 2nd row by Stone
    MiA 14th row by Mike
    TAM 7th row by Stone

I’m in the 85k range and my seats generally  seem to be interspersed with friends/family.