San Diego Show Thread

robis726robis726 Posts: 132
edited January 2020 in The Porch
Will be my first time in SD! I got a hotel in the Gaslamp District. What is my best bet to get to and from the arena? Any cool places near the arena to chill before and after the show? Thanks in advance. 
*I haven't seen a San Diego thread apologies if there is already one. 
Oh, if I knew where it was I would take you there...

Austin, Texas 09-16-1995
Columbia, Maryland 09-04-2000
San Antonio, Texas 04-05-2003
Santa Barbara, California 07-13-2006
Universal City, California 10-01-2009
Austin, Texas 10-04-2009
Dallas, Texas 11-15-2013
Mexico City, Mexico 11-28-2015
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 04-08-2016
Miami, Florida 04-09-2016
Chicago, Illinois I 08-20-2016
Chicago, Illinois II 08-22-2016
Seattle, Washington I 08-08-2018
Seattle, Washington II 08-10-2018
Boston, Massachusets I 09-02-2018
Austin, Texas 09-18-2023
Post edited by robis726 on

Comments

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    robis726 said:
    Will be my first time in SD! I got a hotel in the Gaslamp District. What is my best bet to get to and from the arena? Any cool places near the arena to chill before and after the show? Thanks in advance. 
    *I haven't seen a San Diego thread apologies if there is already one. 
    Gaslamp to SDSU.....can take green line trolley as cheapest. Green line goes directly there and chances are they'll add trains in the evening cause they usually don't run that often late at night. Or just Lyft/Uber. 
    There won't be anything going on at Viejas Arena after show, it is RIGHT in the middle of SDSU. If you want to there are some college bars but doubtful they'll be that great after show. And by the time you get back downtown you can go to any bar/club on 5th Ave....there's a lot...
  • shmapshmap Posts: 374
    edited January 2020
    Flying in solo from Chicago! No idea where I'm staying yet; last time I was at the Bayside Holiday Inn and spent most of my time in Ocean Beach/Mission Beach. 
    Post edited by shmap on
  • Me and my buddy is flying in from Sweden on friday the 10th. Rented an apartment in the gaslamp district. Anything else happening during the weekend that might be fun?
  • kasedougkasedoug Posts: 2,933
    AO288807 said:
    Me and my buddy is flying in from Sweden on friday the 10th. Rented an apartment in the gaslamp district. Anything else happening during the weekend that might be fun?
    Padres are home that weekend if you’re interested in catching a baseball game. Ballpark is walking distance in the Gaslamp.
  • mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 796
    ISO: 2 tickets anywhere to this show!
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,415
    Driving in from Phoenix! Sunday for a full fun visit to SD or Monday morning is the question.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    I’ll be here as well as both LAs

• Yield151Yield151 Posts: 267
    anyone capture a screenshot of the reserved 10c seats map during ticket request?  

• DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 966
    Driving in from Phoenix! Sunday for a full fun visit to SD or Monday morning is the question.
    I will be driving from Phoenix also Sunday. But it will be back home to SD after the Phoenix show Saturday. Work Monday till noon and back to the PJ show that evening in SD. Then work the next day only to hit the road to LA for both nights. Going to be a busy week of driving but well worth it! 
  • cnosekcnosek Posts: 2
    Love San Diego! Spent some great years there while attending San Diego State in the late 90s. Hoping another fan can help me out with a ticket. I just need one. Happy to either buy it or trade for my spare GA ticket for night one in Amsterdam on July 22nd (I know that may be a long shot of a trade, but I have to try!).
  • robis726robis726 Posts: 132
    Just got the email GA tix woo hoo!
    Oh, if I knew where it was I would take you there...

Austin, Texas 09-16-1995
    Columbia, Maryland 09-04-2000
    San Antonio, Texas 04-05-2003
    Santa Barbara, California 07-13-2006
    Universal City, California 10-01-2009
    Austin, Texas 10-04-2009
    Dallas, Texas 11-15-2013
    Mexico City, Mexico 11-28-2015
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 04-08-2016
    Miami, Florida 04-09-2016
    Chicago, Illinois I 08-20-2016
    Chicago, Illinois II 08-22-2016
    Seattle, Washington I 08-08-2018
    Seattle, Washington II 08-10-2018
    Boston, Massachusets I 09-02-2018
    Austin, Texas 09-18-2023
  • BganttBgantt Posts: 21
    If anyone got GA and wants seats, PM me please! I have two seats. Really really want GA.  :s
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355
    Got GA!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • EK1611EK1611 Posts: 6
    Well well well ... San Diego, here we come!  Snared GA.
    Looking forward to seeing the band again + all 10C'ers!!  XO
  • #201,xxx

put in 3rd choice overall, BA.

got sec E row 4.

Was hoping to be a little closer but can't complain. It is gonna be great.

Thanks 10C!
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Ugh.. Section T . Last time PJ played in SD I got better tix from the General public sale. Thought maybe Id get better seats as 10C member . Oh well , uptown problems right ?  . The SD venue has a great sound , not a bad seat in the house unless behind the stage ?.  Looking forward to a PJ show , seen Eddie the last Ohana shows which has been awesome. 
  • kaikaikaikai Posts: 55
    edited January 2020
    Deleted. I figured it out. :)
    Post edited by kaikai on
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    San Diego is wonderful!  A lot of things to do and see.  Ocean temperatures in April will be in the low 60's, keep that in mind.  I'm too old for the gaslamp district.  It is a large San Diego version of South Street Philadelphia.  I like staying at either Hyatt Manchester Grand or Hyatt Mission Bay.  The former is closer to everything.  New Padre's stadium is fantastic.  Coronado is great.  Great places to eat.  Not sure if I can post a bunch of restaurant names but PM me.  
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • I'm a local...anyone want to trade a GA or  good seat for 2 tickets to LA or a Green Dan pit ticket to Petco in July? $ value in your favor if you do!
    thanks! Fish tacos on me!
  • San Diego is wonderful!  A lot of things to do and see.  Ocean temperatures in April will be in the low 60's, keep that in mind.  I'm too old for the gaslamp district.  It is a large San Diego version of South Street Philadelphia.  I like staying at either Hyatt Manchester Grand or Hyatt Mission Bay.  The former is closer to everything.  New Padre's stadium is fantastic.  Coronado is great.  Great places to eat.  Not sure if I can post a bunch of restaurant names but PM me.  
    I've lived here over 9 years, and yes it is great.  You mention ocean temps are low 60's, but the outdoor temps will be a lot better.  We got low 80's in some parts just recently.  I have GA again (like 2013), and once again will be doing both LA shows too.  I think I'll take a half day or the whole day off on show day to pre-party somewhere.  Looking forward to more good times!
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • BP115233BP115233 San Diego Posts: 9
    GA!

1st Choice show

Member 263xxx. 

Shows are so soon!
  • Wife and I will be driving in from Las Vegas after a quick return from the PHX show.  Not sure where we are staying yet.  I have noticed not a whole lot of bars or places to start drinking before the shows, am I missing something?  Will there be a place most 10c members will be going to pregame?  BTW, got Section G (row 19) or CCC (row) 4), haven't picked which seats I want yet.  Any ideas on which is best?
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    edited February 2020
    Wife and I will be driving in from Las Vegas after a quick return from the PHX show.  Not sure where we are staying yet.  I have noticed not a whole lot of bars or places to start drinking before the shows, am I missing something?  Will there be a place most 10c members will be going to pregame?  BTW, got Section G (row 19) or CCC (row) 4), haven't picked which seats I want yet.  Any ideas on which is best?
    Will give you all kind of insider info...I've lived here 30 years. I am begging for any tickets to the shows as I missed out. I know this arena very well and can advise you on PM if you like. I'll be in Phoenix too!!
    Sent you a PM , check your box!
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • RobbiehillRobbiehill Posts: 10
    edited February 2020
    ISO 2 tickets please.  I’m local and got denied tickets :anguished: Please help if you can!  Peace!! 
    Post edited by Robbiehill on
  • Need 2 tickets please! Organized a trip for my wife to be able to see them for the first time. Tried all pre-sale and regular sale options with no luck.