Is there any benefit to being a long time member for tix? Membership #173***

I seem to remember there being a real advantage to having been a member for a few years. Or are all members treated equally regardless of tenure? Thanks!

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    yes....benefit
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    Better seats
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    You get seniority for reserved seats. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Equally when selected for the chance at winning tickets but if selected for reserved your number comes into play for better seats.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,193
    If you get selected for reserved seats, they are assigned by seniority. Doesn't give you any advantage in getting selected, though.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,193
    Great job, everyone 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    When it comes to seats period, they've treated me AWESOME. In fact, it's gotten better and better as the years have gone!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • ME10280ME10280 Posts: 35
    pjl44 said:
    If you get selected for reserved seats, they are assigned by seniority. Doesn't give you any advantage in getting selected, though.
    EXACTLY!
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,526
    Sort of.  Reserved seats go by seniority.  If you get reserved it makes a difference.   On the flip side I've done nothing but GA since the brought in the GA pits.   Therefore it's power has diminished for me.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,762
    when was the last time we got to buy tickets based on seniority?  2000?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Thanks everyone! I remember getting front row for the Reading, PA, gig in 2004. Talk about feeling special.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,672
    edited January 2020
    ComeToTX said:
    2011 for floor reserved
    But as recent as Fenway 2016, 18
    But even today your reserved seats depend on seniority 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,526
    SFOtoJFK said:
    Thanks everyone! I remember getting front row for the Reading, PA, gig in 2004. Talk about feeling special.
    My best seats to PJ I think were row 5 at Seattle '02 (which 10c did a lotto and assigned tickets randomly).  2nd best was Boise 2000 with row 6 due to lack o 10c'ers (which if we had known, we would of gotten into the ticket lineup instead of getting some zzz's at the hotel,, which would of gotten us front row.. grrr).

Aside from that my seats kept getting further back.   Row 12, Row 13, Row 16, row 20, row 22 by Seattle 09.   With GA at Vancouver '13 I was about 4th or 5th person from centre stage.   Been around row 15 at the stadium shows I've gone too (well 15 people... that's probably less room than 15 rows of seats). 

I very much like the GA thing because it tends to get me closer than my 20+ year old 10c membership was.   
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    My 5-digit member number has gotten me front row 3 times (before the advent of the lottery for rows 1,2,9 & 10).

Oh, how I miss the days of reserved floor seating!
  • JOEJOEJOE said:
    My 5-digit member number has gotten me front row 3 times (before the advent of the lottery for rows 1,2,9 & 10).

ditto...about 3 times for me too..then the front row reserved turned into random tix as well? Mike got annoyed at me for taking too many pics from 1st row Detroit about 4 tours ago. Eric aske me to cool it. 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,762
    ComeToTX said:
    2011 for floor reserved
    I know. I’m talking about when your ability to buy tickets depended on your seniority. It was either ‘98 or ‘00. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    ComeToTX said:
    ComeToTX said:
    2011 for floor reserved
    I know. I’m talking about when your ability to buy tickets depended on your seniority. It was either ‘98 or ‘00. 

Your ability to buy tickets never depended on seniority.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,830
    edited January 2020
    When it comes to seats period, they've treated me AWESOME. In fact, it's gotten better and better as the years have gone!
    This would make sense. As people with lower numbers drop out, while your number stays the same, there's more gaps. Of course, it also depends on venue and numbers sold. I could have GREAT seats at Florida 2016, but get miserable seats at Fenway 2018 where I'd probably be halfway back in the second bunch of seats on the floor.

I really wish they'd run a "defrag" of sorts and "push" everyone forward, if that makes sense. I'd love to know what my 279xxx from Jan 2003 really is these days. I wouldn't be surprised if it's lower than 200,000.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,830
    otto48313 said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

ditto...about 3 times for me too..then the front row reserved turned into random tix as well? Mike got annoyed at me for taking too many pics from 1st row Detroit about 4 tours ago. Eric aske me to cool it. 

What Joe said. For USA shows with no GA pit, rows 1, 2, 9 and 10 are random. Someone in rows 3-8 could be bumped up, along with anyone else, but not bumped back.

I think this started in 2009 and went up to the 2012 tour. The GA pit started in 2013 and then the random rows came back for Fenway shows since the pit at Fenway would be impossibly small.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    ComeToTX said:
    The last London Ontario show I drove up there with another senior member my number got me 3rd row dead center and for Fenway I got 3rd row in between Ed & Stone..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....