Leg 2 announcement coming?

Does anyone remember from previous years, 2016 maybe? How long between the leg1 and leg 2 announcements? 

I live in western Canada. I think I should hold out for Seattle/Vancouver rather than travelling to Ottawa or Denver. 10c ticket deadline is soon, though, so I'm assuming they'll announce leg 2 before the leg1 deadline... right?... 

I can't remember how previous years went.

Comments

• BV84003BV84003 Posts: 360
    I wouldn't expect them to announce for a few months, honestly.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    edited January 2020
    Honestly can't remember the last time they had multiple legs for a U.S. tour. Neither 2013 nor 2009 really count because both were some shows (but not a full leg) earlier in the year and then an album and tour later. We might be going back to 2006 or 2003. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • BV84003 said:
    Agreed, I'd expect after the Leg 1 shows.  
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    If it's ballparks then it will be soon. If not then we will be waiting for awhile. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 944
    I think the 2013 the fall was announced in June or July, with shows starting Oct 1st. Now with potential stadiums in early sept, I would suspect the announcement would be Feb/Mar timeframe, but no credible info, just basing off leadtimes of previous stadiums tours. If no stadiums, announcement could be further out.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    You are looking at June or July at the earliest. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    JimmyV said:
    If it's ballparks then it will be soon. If not then we will be waiting for awhile. 
    Silence will be good in this case. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,744
    Previous ballpark shows were announced the second half of January. Maybe next week for Boston and Chicago to coincide with the single and the hype for general public on sale for leg 1?

• EBowieEBowie Posts: 532
    As much as the ballpark shows were fun and all, I'd prefer they go back to traditional venues honestly
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,385
    edited January 2020
    I hate to talk shit here, but PJ is terrible with announcements. It's great for business I guess, but as much as they pride themselves on things like offsetting their carbon footprints, I feel they negatively impact any of that work with the the way they announce tours. They trickle out dates and people feel like they have to travel, and they do. And then they trickle out a few more dates, and folks that traveled get local shows. And then the cycle repeats.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,614
    Tuesday
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,526
    EBowie said:
    As much as the ballpark shows were fun and all, I'd prefer they go back to traditional venues honestly
    We kind of have options right now.  The existing dates are in arenas.  So we can travel to those. 

If stadium shows are coming back, it could be they want to use them in bigger markets where it's hard to meet ticket demand with arenas.   In the cast of Seattle the arena is closed for reno's until 2021.  That leaves a stadium show or a gorge show..... typing that, the only plausible solution is the gorge :)
  • it will be known if they're doing sea.hear.now or not by end of the month
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    You are looking at June or July at the earliest. 
    Disagree.  We already know the fall tour has already been being worked on for some time via people having friends/family that work at venues that know pj have date holds and WGN announced this morning that chicago will be getting a date later in the year.  I'd bet on it being announced in march shortly before the spring tour starts or around the album release date.  I'll set the over/under at April 15th.  I'll take the under.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • On the plus side I just received tickets for night #2 in Oakland but I'd like to hear about leg #2 ASAP since Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle are a hell of a lot closer than Oakland.  There gotta be a leg #2 or why announce a leg #1?
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,351
    BV84003 said:
    Guessing that too. I would say a week or two after the leg 1 shows finish.