2020: Toronto -> Ottawa -> Toronto

2»

Comments

• Think I'm doing the 4 show swing. Likely train to Ottawa Friday morning, then to QC Saturday, and fly back to Toronto (home).

Re: hotels etc. They've tried to crack down on AirBnB in Toronto with new bylaws, but I haven't really seen any change yet. For hotels, I used to like One King West (Yonge and King) before I moved here, and could sometimes get really good deals.

For Ottawa, we stayed near Byward market and split an uber to and from the show in 2016. I think it worked out to about $35 each way divided by 4. If you're just going to camp in Merch/GA lines, then maybe it's ok to be out by the arena, but if you're looking to do anything else, I would stay more in town. Arena is in the middle of nowhere.
    Vancouver 2005, 2009, 2011, 2013
    Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2 2016
    Seattle 1 & 2 2018
  • For Ottawa,  would stay more in town. Arena is in the middle of nowhere.
    Agreed on this point. Post show 2016 I drove around trying to find late night food, it's a ghost town out that way. I'm going to stay downtown this time. Thanks for the info on the 35 buck uber trip. I was wondering what it would be apprx.
  • aidt17aidt17 Posts: 633
    For those looking to do the Toronto run through to Hamilton......I am in the early to mid stages of looking into a charter bus.  My father used to drive one for a company that he has built a fairly solid working relationship with.  I made mention to him when the tour was in its infancy and just rumors, he inquired about "renting" a charter bus for the toronto to hamilton leg, and it sounded like it was a possibility,  now none of this is concrete, mostly just looking into if it is possible it may be an option.  He is willing to drive the canadian leg of the tour, but we have to first get a cost hammered out and then we can go from there....without further detail at this point, I'm only looking for potential interest, if  I get enough people who are "interested" I can look into it further.  Ive got 2 ticket buddies from my area who are in, I believe he said the bus has 45- 50 some odd seats so if I get somewhere close to that number I will keep looking into it.  He said he would send me a ball park cost (days rented, assumed gas used based on kms between cities) etc.. So I should have that before the week is out.  Dont hold your breath on this but it may be an option for people from around the area or people flying in from outside the area.  Will keep posted
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• What are the chances of a snowstorm?!
    50/50