Behind GA, or "wings"

robbierobbie Posts: 883
Can someone enlighten me, do the lowest 10c numbers for reserved start at row 1 behind GA, or in the lower rows of the "wings"? I love wing seats, not so much love for flat on floor behind GA. Reasonably low # 192xxx

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,954
    The wings. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    In Dallas 2013 my 272xxx got me 9th row on the floor so I’m guessing lower wings. 
  • robbierobbie Posts: 883
    Thanks. I haven't asked for reserved since they offered GA pit. Sounds like they start with wings
     Hoping Ticketmaster does too.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    10 Club definitely started in the wings, went a few sections back on each side, then went to back of floor, then back to the lowers further back (beyond center ice).
    However Ticketmaster may not follow the exact same route, we don't know.
    If you look at any of your old Ticketmaster stubs they have a code on them, an X code, that ranks the location. So for example a front row center ticket will have 1X on the ticket, a decent lower might have 33X or so and a balcony seat might have 127X.
    Whatever ranking Ticketmaster has seats in the venue already (they've done this forever) will my guess be how they distribute tix. So as long as they rank good lower sections better than rear floors, those would go to the highest seniority members.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    just throwing it out there now, if I don't win GA I would be willing to swap wings for first couple rows in seated on floor.  I just prefer the sound straight on.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• BR2428BR2428 Posts: 129
    edited January 2020
    I’m interested in this topic too. I have a number in the 85k range and of few stadium shows I’ve been to over the years, I’ve always been in the wings. At the Seattle home show, I was on the field behind the pit. 

I never knew about the x codes on the tickets, so I went back and looked. 

2018 - Safeco Field, Seattle - 112X (field)
    2013 - Key Arena, Seattle - 4X (wing)

Post edited by BR2428 on
  • NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 213
    My reserved in Charlotte '13 with my 2xxxx was first row in the wing closest to the stage. I'm pretty much expecting the same this year with these shows.
  • I have a 198xxx.  In 2013 in Worcester, I had seats on the wings (McCready side) about 10-12 rows up.  Great seats.  Great view.  In Hartford on the same tour, I was 3rd row center behind GA.  I liked the wings better, as you could see much better, but you can't go wrong with either.  
  • 75x arenas always wing, stadium first couple rows behind GA
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    I have a 198xxx.  In 2013 in Worcester, I had seats on the wings (McCready side) about 10-12 rows up.  Great seats.  Great view.  In Hartford on the same tour, I was 3rd row center behind GA.  I liked the wings better, as you could see much better, but you can't go wrong with either.  
    I think Hartford that year had a lot bigger demand in reserved. My 70XXX got me 2 sections away from stage on Mike's side.
    Hartford drawing both the Boston and NYC crowds usually a high demand show.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • faithful2youfaithful2you Posts: 779
    edited January 2020
    I think they start in the wings and then go to the floor.   "Best Seats Available"    My 10C # 219xxx
    2013 Wrigley:   Field behind GA
    2016 Wrigley:   Row 3 & 5 down 3rd base line just behind the short wall to the field both nights.  Didn't care for these seats as much as being behind GA
    2018 Wrigley:   Row 4ish in the second section behind GA center.
    Post edited by faithful2you on
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
    So, is there no longer a way to prioritize shows? I just called the Ticketmaster 10c ticket number ( 855-868-4782 ) and am FAR more confused than before I called. First the guy told me that GA tickets, all tickets for that matter are assigned by "when you got in line" meaning that the time you requested tickets put you in a line and if you change your ticket request, you go to the back of the line again. This cannot be true right??? Then he said that if I put in for Oakland night 1 yesterday, then added Oakland 2 today that it would consider my latest request first, and there is now way to select your own priority of shows you want to attend in order. When I asked if they would fill the GA with requests for GA only, then open it up to " best available " if some were left over from the GA only requests, he went back to telling me it mattered when I got in line ( what time I put in my request ) then he told me that if I put in for "best available" it would randomly select GA or Reserved. Also. He didn't have a supervisor available that could clear any of this up. To be fair, he sounded more confused than confident in every detail, so I'm not saying this is how it works,  in fact I HIGHLY DOUBT IT, but this is how the Ticketmaster 10c center thinks it works. So.....
    robbie said:
    So, is there no longer a way to prioritize shows? I just called the Ticketmaster 10c ticket number ( 855-868-4782 ) and am FAR more confused than before I called. First the guy told me that GA tickets, all tickets for that matter are assigned by "when you got in line" meaning that the time you requested tickets put you in a line and if you change your ticket request, you go to the back of the line again. This cannot be true right??? Then he said that if I put in for Oakland night 1 yesterday, then added Oakland 2 today that it would consider my latest request first, and there is now way to select your own priority of shows you want to attend in order. When I asked if they would fill the GA with requests for GA only, then open it up to " best available " if some were left over from the GA only requests, he went back to telling me it mattered when I got in line ( what time I put in my request ) then he told me that if I put in for "best available" it would randomly select GA or Reserved. Also. He didn't have a supervisor available that could clear any of this up. To be fair, he sounded more confused than confident in every detail, so I'm not saying this is how it works,  in fact I HIGHLY DOUBT IT, but this is how the Ticketmaster 10c center thinks it works. So.....
    So, pulled right from the email of yesterday and the website

"The presale ticket request window opens today, January 13 and closes Wednesday, January 15 at 11:59pm PT. Please take your time and read all about this new process below. The time you submit your ticket request has no impact on whether or not your request is confirmed."

PB11041 said:
    robbie said:

"The presale ticket request window opens today, January 13 and closes Wednesday, January 15 at 11:59pm PT. Please take your time and read all about this new process below. The time you submit your ticket request has no impact on whether or not your request is confirmed."
    That makes more sense. Now, anyone know how I prioritize the shows I want to attend?
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    robbie said:
    PB11041 said:
    robbie said:

That makes more sense. Now, anyone know how I prioritize the shows I want to attend?
    Once you arrive at the step of prioritizing your shows, just click and drag to place them in the order you want to prioritize. I believe this is step 2 or 3 in the process. 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    Low 100s checking in - wings are fucking awesome! Have seen them 3x in the wings all on Stone's side, stage level, perfect line of sight and sound every time.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Posts: 2,003
    PB11041 said:
    robbie said:

Just to get nitpicky and add to anxiety levels, it doesn't say anything about position in a virtual line. It only addresses your request confirmation. I don't know. Either way, I put in my request last night and there's nothing to do but wait.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    My experience is the first few sections on the side are filled in first, followed by behind GA, followed by elevated seated areas further back
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,333
    PB11041 said:
    robbie said:

Just to get nitpicky and add to anxiety levels, it doesn't say anything about position in a virtual line. It only addresses your request confirmation. I don't know. Either way, I put in my request last night and there's nothing to do but wait.

There is not a virtual line for 10c tickets.  Everyone that puts in there requests by the deadline has equal chance for tickets.
  • bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 761
    So - if you select “Best Available” - is there a chance that your ticks could be ‘GA’?
    PB11041 said:
    robbie said:

request confirmed in the context they are using it is the actual selection and confirmation of a requested order.  Not a confirmation that you choose to participate in the lottery.

• bigbiggzy said:
    So - if you select “Best Available” - is there a chance that your ticks could be ‘GA’?
    Yes
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    I am probably in the minority, but I like backstage, as long as it's in the 100's.

It's pretty majestic getting to see the crowd from the band's perspective.

I don't really care that they are facing the other direction for most of the show.....at all.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
    bigbiggzy said:
    Yes.  There are a lot of factors, such as if you have multiple shows, how you rank them etc.

But in essence, look at this way, if 10 people put in a request for 18 tickets and there are 6 GA available and 12 reserved:

First member selected had GA only as option - they get 2 GA
    Second member selected had Reserved only as option - they get 2 RES
    Third member selected had Best Available as option - they get 2 GA
    Fourth member selected had Reserved only as option - they get 2 RES
    Fifth member selected had Best Available as option - they get 2 GA
    Sixth member selected had GA only as option - they get no tickets
    Seventh member selected had Best Available as option - they get 2 RES
    Eighth member selected had Best Available as option - they get 2 RES
    Ninth member selected had Best Available as option - they get 2 RES
    Tenth member selected had Best Available as option - they get 2 RES

• MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    Saltzy23 said:
    I am probably in the minority, but I like backstage, as long as it's in the 100's.

It's pretty majestic getting to see the crowd from the band's perspective.

I don't really care that they are facing the other direction for most of the show.....at all.
    I love viewing concerts from behind the stage too
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"