Options

Christmas Day family drama

MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
Have you ever had family drama while gathering for Christmas?
any fists flying? exchange of words?

had an awkward Christmas Day this year. Christmas was at my parents house this year. My Aunt & Uncle came down to visit. My cousin decided to bring her abusive husband (who she is currently divorcing, supposedly.. my aunt paid for a divorce lawyer, etc... everyone was shocked and pissed at the same time. 
No one likes him so it was super awkward and I think he knew no one wanted him there. He didn't eat, stayed back. I have no idea why he would come.
I just kept filling up my wine glass to stay away from the drama. No shouting matches with him. thank god.. but there were some arguing/shouting before he got there.
It was a weird Christmas to say the least... 

Comments

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I hate Christmas because of my family.
    Had my brother in law get me down yesterday by asking me what I think of Trump as if I like him.
    My nieces never wished me merry Christmas after all that I have done for them.
    My parents are miserable.
    My Catholic mum cannot accept my atheism.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    My side of the family doesn't celebrate Christmas, and we haven't had any Hannukah brawls...but last Mother's Day was a real bitch.