Options

New to collecting vinyl production primer.....

2»

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,043
    this one @brianlux?

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    and how about cleaning the stylus? best method and/or product(s) for this?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,722
    mickeyrat said:
    Zerodust.  Those are the best.  You can knock off for 30 or the original for 40.

Other than that,  just one of the little brushes you dip in liquid.  I don't think they're as effective though.  I always had little particles I couldn't get off.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Zerodust.  Those are the best.  You can knock off for 30 or the original for 40.

Other than that,  just one of the little brushes you dip in liquid.  I don't think they're as effective though.  I always had little particles I couldn't get off.
    cool. back to the record cleaner.  saw this record doctor or the rd vi. 200 or 300 respectively.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

cool. back to the record cleaner.  saw this record doctor or the rd vi. 200 or 300 respectively.
    Is that the one with a vacuum but you have to spin yourself? 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

yeah.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

yeah.
    If that's in budget then that's great.  The motor is just a convenience thing.  The vacuum is more critical. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

yeah.
    If that's in budget then that's great.  The motor is just a convenience thing.  The vacuum is more critical. 
    if thats the case, I saw an attachment made for a dyson(which we have) specifically for vinyls for like $18 bucks......

• Options
    best or recommended solution? saw a mofi branded bottle?

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

yeah.
    if thats the case, I saw an attachment made for a dyson(which we have) specifically for vinyls for like $18 bucks......
    Really??? Show me!  I'll sell the okki.  

My solution is from okki.  It makes like 3 gallons for 30 bucks which'll last forever.  I seem to remember the mofi was not very concentrated,  so it seemed over priced. 
  • Options
    how about this? so far found a couple sites in europe but its only 130eu or gbp?

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,801
    mickeyrat said:
    this one @brianlux?

Yes indeed!  I would suggest buying direct from spin clean ($77.99).  They've taken really good care of me.  After at least a few thousand LP's cleaned, I had rollers that were hanging up a bit sometimes.  The rep told me to send my whole kit in (minus the drying clothes and washer fluid) and he sent me a replacement kit, no charge.  I may have just been lucky or said the right words, but they are a great company and I'm very happy with their product. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,801
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Yeah, Zerodust- everything I've heard sounds great.  I have a Record Research Lab LP#9 kit which works well but when it runs out I'm definitely giving Zerodust a try.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    theres an okki dealer near me. will see if they have the go model  and what their review would be. less than half the cost if the pricing is similar to uk or Eu pricing.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    so this one connects to a shop vac

Vinyl Vac 33 - Vinyl Record Cleaning Kit - Record Vacuum Wand for Deep Cleaning (Attaches to Your Vacuum Hose) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014X2SXY0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_vCgoEbV24TK2T

heres the dyson attachment.

LANMU Vinyl Record Cleaning Kit,Record Vacuum Wand for Dyson V11 V10 V8 V7 Vacuum Cleaner,with Flexible Extension Hose,Vinyl Record Deep Cleaning Solution https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X257FHF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_5FgoEbX6AX3PP
     was a liitle off on the price or I saw the listing from another distributor or more likely I just plain fucked up from searching so many different products.

might be more inclined to the dyson thing myself. I know how well the dyson sucks up shit.

edit: shows stick model Dysons in the description. Have a question in for the Ball type which is what we have.

Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    so this one connects to a shop vac

Vinyl Vac 33 - Vinyl Record Cleaning Kit - Record Vacuum Wand for Deep Cleaning (Attaches to Your Vacuum Hose) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014X2SXY0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_vCgoEbV24TK2T

heres the dyson attachment.

LANMU Vinyl Record Cleaning Kit,Record Vacuum Wand for Dyson V11 V10 V8 V7 Vacuum Cleaner,with Flexible Extension Hose,Vinyl Record Deep Cleaning Solution https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X257FHF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_5FgoEbX6AX3PP
     was a liitle off on the price or I saw the listing from another distributor or more likely I just plain fucked up from searching so many different products.

might be more inclined to the dyson thing myself. I know how well the dyson sucks up shit.

edit: shows stick model Dysons in the description. Have a question in for the Ball type which is what we have.

Yeah I have an Animal,  so not sure that works. I worked definitely build you own lazy Susan platter if you go this route.  I wouldn't do it on my TT. That seems stupid. 
  • Options
    And that Okki go looks cool as hell
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    And that Okki go looks cool as hell
    it does and seemed real quiet too.

• Options
    so am trying to justify the dyson thing.  My question was answered. no go according to that guy.

so if I buy a stick it has other uses beyond record cleaning obviously. looking 250 or so all in then. the attachment is designed for use ON the TT.

• Options
    what do you know about ultrasonic cleaners?

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    what do you know about ultrasonic cleaners?
    Super expensive is what I know
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    looking like I'm going with the wet vac attachment. or probably just do it by hand
    Post edited by mickeyrat on