9/11/98 vault

Please. Before im elderly. 

Besides new music its the biggest thing I would love.

Please. xo

Comments

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Not sure if its the greatest show ever but its right up there.  Perfect setlist too
  • How can it be a perfect setlist if Riot Act wasn't even released yet

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    Not sure if its the greatest show ever but its right up there.  Perfect setlist too
    Arguably the best show they played from 1995 through 1998.

It becomes challenging to say which great shows are better and why, also naturally everyone wants to have been at one of the or the greatest show, overtime as the sets compound and the albums diversify the sets.

Nevertheless this show was spectacular.  While my personal hope is they grab the ultimate wild card and drop September 28, 1996 as a No Code tour vault release first (stop everyone with the 9.29, it was a great diverse long set list and spectacular in its own right, but Saturday night was just well highly charged, you heard the man say it)  I would love to see this one as well.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• PB11041 said:

It becomes challenging to say which great shows are better and why, also naturally everyone wants to have been at one of the or the greatest show, overtime as the sets compound and the albums diversify the sets.

Nevertheless this show was spectacular.  While my personal hope is they grab the ultimate wild card and drop September 28, 1996 as a No Code tour vault release first (stop everyone with the 9.29, it was a great diverse long set list and spectacular in its own right, but Saturday night was just well highly charged, you heard the man say it)  I would love to see this one as well.
    I'd love to hear a No Code show.  There were a few that i like that have a few songs debuted before No Code came out.

Give me some early 96 shows!
    PB11041 said:

I'd love to hear a No Code show.  There were a few that i like that have a few songs debuted before No Code came out.

technically those pre-no code release performances were all during 1995, with Habit, Red Mosquito, lukin.  The remaining songs then all appeared at the Showbox show on 9.14 a couple of weeks after the album was out, with the lone exceptions being Smile, debuted in London 10.28 and I'm Open 5.13.2006

• PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

technically those pre-no code release performances were all during 1995, with Habit, Red Mosquito, lukin.  The remaining songs then all appeared at the Showbox show on 9.14 a couple of weeks after the album was out, with the lone exceptions being Smile, debuted in London 10.28 and I'm Open 5.13.2006

Lukin and Habit are the 2 I distinctly remember hearing.  If it's 95 then release those shows!  Winter of 95?

TY!
  • Still the greatest of all time after all these years...
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

Lukin and Habit are the 2 I distinctly remember hearing.  If it's 95 then release those shows!  Winter of 95?

TY!
    kookin debuted 2.5.95 at the moore, the aud tapes for both nights are quite tremendous.  It was played an enormous number of times during the Feb, March and Summer/Fall US dates.

habit debuted 6.19.95 at red rocks and played 4 more times during Summer/Fall dates. 

Mosquito got played 3 of the 5 November shows.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    Yes please.  Possibly the best show I ve seen out of 58.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Ya its hard not to say this is the best show I've ever seen...out of about 100 from 94-today.
  • PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

TY!
    kookin debuted 2.5.95 at the moore, the aud tapes for both nights are quite tremendous.  It was played an enormous number of times during the Feb, March and Summer/Fall US dates.

habit debuted 6.19.95 at red rocks and played 4 more times during Summer/Fall dates. 

I know I heard Lukin and Habit same show.  I have the audio too.  Vedder did a little bit of Patti Smiths "Rock n Roll star" song in the show if that helps you at all?
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

TY!

I know I heard Lukin and Habit same show.  I have the audio too.  Vedder did a little bit of Patti Smiths "Rock n Roll star" song in the show if that helps you at all?
    they played them at the same show 4 of the 5 times habit was played.  You are probably talking about 11.6.1995

• DW183354DW183354 Posts: 135
    Setting a few things aside...I was there, the Breath campaign, a climbing Ed and whatever other historically interesting aspects that may be part of this show, its hands down one of their finest performances, playing wise. They destroyed every song. That is what makes me still long for a good recording of this show some 21 years later. 

43 years old...seen them live a ton. Listened to countless boots over the years going back to the beginning. I mean, seriously, its absurd how much PJ live Ive digested since 91. Im among the sick here so Im preaching to the choir... but we know our Pearl Jam. Through all of that this show STILL remains one of, if not the, finest performances from this band. 

Take one song. Better Man/Save It For Later...holy shit I have heard sooooooooo many versions of this combo. On 9/11/98 it was done flawlessly. To this day I listen to my bunk quality boot of this tune and get chills. Just once I wanna hear it crisp, clear and loud coming out of some good speakers. 

Please. 
  • DW183354 said:
    Setting a few things aside...I was there, the Breath campaign, a climbing Ed and whatever other historically interesting aspects that may be part of this show, its hands down one of their finest performances, playing wise. They destroyed every song. That is what makes me still long for a good recording of this show some 21 years later. 

43 years old...seen them live a ton. Listened to countless boots over the years going back to the beginning. I mean, seriously, its absurd how much PJ live Ive digested since 91. Im among the sick here so Im preaching to the choir... but we know our Pearl Jam. Through all of that this show STILL remains one of, if not the, finest performances from this band. 

Take one song. Better Man/Save It For Later...holy shit I have heard sooooooooo many versions of this combo. On 9/11/98 it was done flawlessly. To this day I listen to my bunk quality boot of this tune and get chills. Just once I wanna hear it crisp, clear and loud coming out of some good speakers. 

Please. 
    Does a soundboard copy even exist?
    DW183354 said:

Please. 
    nothing has ever circulated beyond the mixed audience tapes, no reason to believe both a master board and 24 track don't exist.  Whether the 24 track is complete, only Brett knows.

PB11041 said:
    DW183354 said:

Please. 
    nothing has ever circulated beyond the mixed audience tapes, no reason to believe both a master board and 24 track don't exist.  Whether the 24 track is complete, only Brett knows.
    Yep, its always been the same quality. Honestly even a recording thats halfway better would make my toes curl. 

I feel like they know how good that night was and have just been saving a release for the right time but maybe not. They must have a decent recording because they were actively documenting each show which subsequently gave us LO2L. 

Every few years I show up on this board to bring up this show. I still have hope. 
    edited December 2019
    DW183354 said:
    PB11041 said:
    DW183354 said:

Please. 
    Yep, its always been the same quality. Honestly even a recording thats halfway better would make my toes curl. 

I feel like they know how good that night was and have just been saving a release for the right time but maybe not. They must have a decent recording because they were actively documenting each show which subsequently gave us LO2L. 

Every few years I show up on this board to bring up this show. I still have hope. 
    the audience tape is actually quite good all things considered. They were multi-track recording consistently since the fall of 1993 Vs tour, most of the 1993 and 1994 tour I believe Brett indicated was 16 tracked, a few shows were 24, such as the recent Vault 9 (most likely because they were home it was more easily accessible)

Fairly certain 1995 was all 24 track and all subsequent tours.   

LO2L became a thing because something fell through with releasing 9.19.1998 as a whole back in 1998.   That was originally the targeted release at least per ICE Magazine back in the day.

Brett has done a bunch of interviews and also laid out some great info in the last issue of Deep on the touring recording process.  Pre-2000 the shows tend to have some small to big gaps due to technological and human issues.  So it is possible that MSG 1998 might not be 100% complete, but it certainly exists.

Post edited by PB11041 on

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,954
    I endorse this thread.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• DW183354 said:

Please. 
    It’s like you’re in my brain...
    PB11041 said:
    DW183354 said:
    PB11041 said:
    DW183354 said:

Please. 

the audience tape is actually quite good all things considered. They were multi-track recording consistently since the fall of 1993 Vs tour, most of the 1993 and 1994 tour I believe Brett indicated was 16 tracked, a few shows were 24, such as the recent Vault 9 (most likely because they were home it was more easily accessible)

LO2L became a thing because something fell through with releasing 9.19.1998 as a whole back in 1998.   That was originally the targeted release at least per ICE Magazine back in the day.

Brett has done a bunch of interviews and also laid out some great info in the last issue of Deep on the touring recording process.  Pre-2000 the shows tend to have some small to big gaps due to technological and human issues.  So it is possible that MSG 1998 might not be 100% complete, but it certainly exists.

Somebody needs to get Brett on the horn and find out!:)
    DW183354 said:

Please. 
    It’s like you’re in my brain...
    It was such a special night. Immortality was played with such perfection and heart...Mike with the slow note and then into the Matt solo...I mean, I can't even...chills. 
  • PB11041 said:
    DW183354 said:
    PB11041 said:
    DW183354 said:

Please. 

I'm sure people would be happy if they cleaned up the audience copies and patched them in where needed kind of like a "Cliff em all" release.

I'd be all for that.
  • 10 years im saying the same.,.vault means this show...his is the one should do ..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    10 years im saying the same.,.vault means this show...his is the one should do ..
    Exactly. When the Vault deal started I just assumed "ok, 9/11/98 is on its way, baby." But, nope. 

Vault 9 kinda rekindled it again. 9 is a fine thing to have. Its the band, so I dig it. But its a ruff show...I didn't need that show to be a vault. When I listen to it I hear something I love but I don't hear something unusually special. Thats what I thought these releases were supposed to be all about. So I guess 9 is more about history than performance which is fine. But 9/11/98 packs both history and performance into one show. 

I know earlier I "set things aside" but the culmination of the Breath campaign alone should be enough to make this night worthy. Or Eddie moonwalking. Both were important. 

And yes, I want to keep this thread going so someone of influence sees it. Hello...are YOU in the band or perhaps mop the floors at the warehouse? Pass it on to your bandmate/co-worker. 9/11/98 or bust. 

Please
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 9,018
    99% sure I have a vhs boot of this. I was there I think behind the stage. Not the fan I am today so didnt truly appreciate it. I remember ev had green pants on, correct me if I'm wrong, and when stone took the mic I thought why is that dude singing!
    Man we are lucky to have a band like pj to remember and still enjoy!
    Keep rocking.