Comments

• jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,415
    Thank God. $25 Plus in fees is out of control. Racket.
  • Like anything will change.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,536
    Thank God. $25 Plus in fees is out of control. Racket.

Surprising this Justice Dept cares about vertical monopolies. 

I get the frustration about the fees, but how much do the other ticket companies like axs charge, about the same?

$25 is a tiny fraction of what concert tickets go for these days. Bands make no money on albums any more because the market decided they’d rather pirate or pay a tiny fraction streaming. The main alternative is to make money performing. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,193
    I'm not seeing where fees play into any of this. Like lerxst said, I get sacked with similar fees from every ticket agency. AXS, Ticketfly...same shit.

I guess they expected Live Nation to work with other ticketing agencies in good faith when they own their own? Who could have possibly seen this coming??
  • CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    I hope there’s not another class action settlement where you spent hundreds or thousands of dollars in tickets for bands you want to see, only to “win” vouchers for shitty bands that you can’t even use because there are so few shows compared to people trying to use them or the vouchers expired. That was such a useless fiasco...
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    Surprising this Justice Dept cares about vertical monopolies. 
    Despite the fact that the guy at the top is as corrupt as they come and while he's busy protecting the most traitorous administration in our history, there are still good people working in Justice, FBI, CIA.
    (Not to take this off topic, just hard to stay silent these days)

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,004
    I do love the 'handling' fee from ticket bastard.  When you print out your own ticket.  Have to admire their balls to do that. 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops