Options

Hey, my fellow inarticulate people.....

people who end up having to say everything at least twice. People who are at least fairly better at expressing ideas through writing. Do you oftentimes let people misunderstand your point, because this shit is for the birds? Or do you still try to explain yourself? 

You are not alone. I know you are surrounded by people who make it all seem easy...maybe we should shadow them in an effort to take notes?

How do you deal with this?

Comments

• Options
    I really just posted this when all the articulate kids come out to play. That was a good idea. :lightbulb:
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    people who end up having to say everything at least twice. People who are at least fairly better at expressing ideas through writing. Do you oftentimes let people misunderstand your point, because this shit is for the birds? Or do you still try to explain yourself? 

You are not alone. I know you are surrounded by people who make it all seem easy...maybe we should shadow them in an effort to take notes?

It’s simple, really. 

I don’t give a fuck. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I'm confused
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    dankind said:

It’s simple, really. 

I don’t give a fuck. 
    You live the good life, my friend. You don't need to give a fuck. That's one of the best perks.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I'm confused
    :lol:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,531

I have a job where I have to explain complex things to clients in a succinct way.  Clients are smart people.  Some want to thoroughly understand and some don't care and just ask for the bottom line (i.e., what is your recommendation on what to do).   Sometimes it is easy to explain and sometimes you have to think of two or three different ways to make it relatable as everyone processes information differently. 

What I don't like is when people explain something in a meeting and everyone in the meeting understands, but then that person continues to explain and explain and explain.

• Options

I have a job where I have to explain complex things to clients in a succinct way.  Clients are smart people.  Some want to thoroughly understand and some don't care and just ask for the bottom line (i.e., what is your recommendation on what to do).   Sometimes it is easy to explain and sometimes you have to think of two or three different ways to make it relatable as everyone processes information differently. 

That answer made me swoon a little bit. Why are you still single, man? :)
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    See the source image
  • Options
    :lol: 
    I heart you, macho man.
  • Options
    Anytime I swoon, I will assume mansplaining is to blame. Thank you for this insider info, Hobbes.
  • Options
    You know who was a great mansplainer? Pablo Neruda. 
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Sigh. You're not getting it. Here...

See the source image
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'm pretty good with puttin' words n stuff together.

Writing?  I try and it's hit or miss, but that's OK.  People who know me typically get my intent.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I'm the most articulate person in my extended circle of family, friends, and associates, and I can tell you from experience, it makes people think I am way smarter than I am lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    edited December 2019
    I'm witty when I drink too much coffee. Just a side effect.

Edit: Only had two cups today.
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    edited December 2019
    I don't, I really don't, but then maybe, well maybe, yah!  I do!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I once had a friend who I had to explain plenty of things to because he is a bit intellectually challenged.
    It was like talking to a child. I only hung around with him because I felt bad for him but it got to the point where I had to move on as I was gaining nothing from the relationship. We're on two very different wavelengths.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    My words, they don't come out right.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.