Options

psst...12/10/19

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,127
    hihobibo said:
    Odd that they sold out of a pre-order. I thought the purpose of a pre-order is to make just enough to satisfy the sold copies.
    Because they had to say it was a preorder so the rules of RSD weren’t blatantly violated since this was a RSD exclusive. Trust me, this was no preorder or repress.
    It says in the newsletter it's a repress
  • Options
    Stop! Flipper time! Ho ho, ho ho ho, ho hoooo.... Another difficult release. LOVE my PJ but so much tail chasing with these releases. Best of luck to you all on this one! Not sure how, or if, I'll score the unplugged vinyl. Was waiting for a 10C release too.
  • Options
    My theory:

Ten club was holding some back for future giveaways, auctions and what not.

"the label decided to press more, and we now have some available in the Shop"

They realized it is pointless to hold on to them if the label is going to make more anyway. So they decided to sell off the stock that they have.
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,447
    vladsplat said:
    Stop! Flipper time! Ho ho, ho ho ho, ho hoooo.... Another difficult release. LOVE my PJ but so much tail chasing with these releases. Best of luck to you all on this one! Not sure how, or if, I'll score the unplugged vinyl. Was waiting for a 10C release too.
    Same with me. I’m not going to eBay for this so I guess I’ll have to wait it out. 
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    hihobibo said:
    Odd that they sold out of a pre-order. I thought the purpose of a pre-order is to make just enough to satisfy the sold copies.
    Because they had to say it was a preorder so the rules of RSD weren’t blatantly violated since this was a RSD exclusive. Trust me, this was no preorder or repress.
    I thought I just acknowledged this above. 

I am telling you they are lying to cover themselves.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    damnit! missed it.  oh well, congrats to peeps that got one enjoy! 
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    dugangsxrdugangsxr Covington KY Posts: 674
    Wish I would have gotten one. I've been in the hospital since 11/14 because of a really bad car accident, if it wasn't for that I would have gotten one from one of my local record.
    Paul D.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,471
    igotid88 said:
    And there ya go!
    This is still exclusive. Sold out.
    Sigh...people have no patience. Anyone who wants one of these will get one before it’s all said and done.
    I have one
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    Stars were aligned that I had my mail open and clicked the link immediately.  
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    laa1025laa1025 Posts: 128
    Awesome!  Thank you!
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,029
    pjl44 said:
    hihobibo said:

It will be easy to tell when they ship, right? Look at the deadwax. So what is the point of lying about it, everyone will know soon enough.
    But then gain, if it is a preorder of a repress, why make it so limited? Neither answer makes sense.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    Jimminez said:
    Stars were aligned that I had my mail open and clicked the link immediately.  
    Same!  I was surprised I got one
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    edited December 2019
    pjl44 said:
    hihobibo said:

That's quite an accusation Mr. Blalock
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Was hoping to get one. Didn’t. Oh well.
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    hihobibo said:

Occam's Razor, chief. Cover themselves from what? If they were given a bunch to sell, who is coming after them?
  • Options
    I'm just comforted in the fact that if it's a repress or an original, it doesn't matter for me. I'm sure it'll sound the same and the only major difference so far appears to be the lack of a tiny sticker.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 877
    edited December 2019
    I was in meeting lol oh well,. If anyone please has an extra let me know . This is now the only vinyl besides benny I dont have, Thanks Team!!
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,486
    pjl44 said:
    hihobibo said:

How low can you go, bro?

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    pjl44 said:
    hihobibo said:

It will be easy to tell when they ship, right? Look at the deadwax. So what is the point of lying about it, everyone will know soon enough.
    But then gain, if it is a preorder of a repress, why make it so limited? Neither answer makes sense.
    I assume they have an allocation from a repress, so there's still a finite number. They're not being pressed to order.
  • Options
    "Tim, they say they're from Record Store Day. They have badges!"

"Shit! This is what I was afraid of. Barricade the door!"
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,988
    Missed this by minutes. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    BigwaveMxBigwaveMx Posts: 138
    edited December 2019
    OMG!! I was in a meeting.... Santos, could you confirm if those are really out of stock?
    EDIT: I will keep refreshing thw window for a while.
    Post edited by BigwaveMx on
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    hihobibo said:

How low can you go, bro?

Poor choice of words. That does sound bad. My point is that they are helping out members but this is supposed to be RSD exclusive. I’m skeptical they are actually repressing these if they are already sold out.
  • Options
    I was also in a meeting. Hoping these show back up
    Hey, I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I'm certainly not the dumbest.
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    :(
  • Options
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • Options
    Fudgeeee. Why did I choose today to be productive instead of being online? Ugh
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,020
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    hihobibo said:

How low can you go, bro?

Poor choice of words. That does sound bad. My point is that they are helping out members but this is supposed to be RSD exclusive. I’m skeptical they are actually repressing these if they are already sold out.
    A repress already?  It takes months to make a record nowadays, no way it's a repress.

If it is then they made x amount immediately after ordering the first batch?

Oh yeah +1 
  • Options
    Gave it a shot. Why not
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016