Zurich recommendations please :-)

Yay! I got ( or "won" :-p) tickets to the Zurich concert! :-)

I was hoping someone could give me some recommendations about accomodations in Zurich.. Not too far from the venue.and also a good location to explore the city from ( at day and at night..:-p)... and if possible not insanely expensive..lol

All help / info is appreciated :)

Thanks !

Comments

• Small town here. From mainstation to the stadium is 10min trainride and 5min walk. Around the stadium is not much to explore (day and night). So I suggest to stay somewhere near the city center. Industriequartier or Langstrasse are the  areas to go out at night. Niederdorf and around the lake is good for sightseeing. Accomodations depends what you willing to pay. Zurich in summertime is a beauty but not cheap. Sure you'll have a great time here!

My 3rd PJ gig in Zurich and my sons first concert ever! So excited.
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    Look for gnomes!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • RenfieldRenfield Posts: 1,054
    fixdahui said:
    Small town here. From mainstation to the stadium is 10min trainride and 5min walk. Around the stadium is not much to explore (day and night). So I suggest to stay somewhere near the city center. Industriequartier or Langstrasse are the  areas to go out at night. Niederdorf and around the lake is good for sightseeing. Accomodations depends what you willing to pay. Zurich in summertime is a beauty but not cheap. Sure you'll have a great time here!

My 3rd PJ gig in Zurich and my sons first concert ever! So excited.
    After Old Town is Langstrasse the best area to stay? Is this Zürich West area? Want to be in a nice easily accessible area during daytime. Nightlife not on my priority list. 😊
    dankind said:
    Look for gnomes!
    ...bearing gifts of chocolate & Rolodex  watches
  • sr-71sr-71 Posts: 57
    Langstrasse is not recomended, better stay in Oerlikon, not far from the airport, the city or the venue
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    sr-71 said:
    Langstrasse is not recomended, better stay in Oerlikon, not far from the airport, the city or the venue
    Why is this not recommended? That is where I booked at hotel Montana Zurich. Close to the rail and walking distance to the city centre. 

• Hotel Montana is perfectly located!
  • eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    I booked on Leonhardstrasse. Hotel Leoneck... any good?
    eyejacker said:
    This hotel came up as an option for us. Hope someone responds favorably. 
    Renfield said:
    eyejacker said:
    8.8 on hotels.com. Pretty close to my hotel too. Its more expensive but also looks nicer. Looks good to me!
    I booked it with free cancellation on Booking.com so I’m still shopping around for something cheaper...
    PJNB said:
    Renfield said:
    eyejacker said:
    8.8 on hotels.com. Pretty close to my hotel too. Its more expensive but also looks nicer. Looks good to me!
    Thank you. I’m ok with price, good location is key. 
    Renfield said:
    PJNB said:
    Renfield said:
    eyejacker said:
    Thank you. I’m ok with price, good location is key. 
    Hotel Montana is cheaper with no cancelation allowed and has a buffet breakfast that looks fantastic but I think the free cancelation prices are pretty close to the same. 
    PJNB said:
    sr-71 said:
    Why is this not recommended? That is where I booked at hotel Montana Zurich. Close to the rail and walking distance to the city centre. 

Langstrasse is the redlight district of zurich, rubbish , sometimes crazy people,whores from africa, Romania.
    If you Like that go for it.
  • sr-71 said:
    PJNB said:
    sr-71 said:

Langstrasse is the redlight district of zurich, rubbish , sometimes crazy people,whores from africa, Romania.
    No worries, that was 10yrs ago. Now it's bars, clubs, good restaurants and even hipster places. The Montana is a few blocks away so you wont be in the middle of the nightlife. From there you can explore the city in walking distances. If you stay in oerlikon you have to catch trains except for the concert.
    fixdahui said:

PJNB said:
    No worries, that was 10yrs ago. Now it's bars, clubs, good restaurants and even hipster places. The Montana is a few blocks away so you wont be in the middle of the nightlife. From there you can explore the city in walking distances. If you stay in oerlikon you have to catch trains except for the concert.
    How about Hotel Leoneck?
  •  I booked the Holiday Inn Hotel next to the venue when it was 165€, checked now and it seems to be up to 363€ now. wtf? :o
    ... se key on. ;-)

Pearl Jam Sept. 23, 2006 Berlin | June 20, 2010 Berlin | July 04 & 05, 2012 Berlin | June 26, 2014 Berlin | June 12 & 13, 2018 Amsterdam | July 05, 2018 Berlin
    EV June 01, 2017 Berlin | June 28, 2019 Berlin | June 30, 2019 Düsseldorf
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    Ive booked ibis Zürich Messe Airport hotel, very close to the Venue and not too expensive
    Kearnsy
  • Renfield said:
    fixdahui said:

PJNB said:
    How about Hotel Leoneck?
    Dont have any experience but location is good, next to good old recordstore with lots of Vinyl. Walking distance to the old town and trainstation. 
  •  I booked the Holiday Inn Hotel next to the venue when it was 165€, checked now and it seems to be up to 363€ now. wtf? :o
    We booked in there too- prices have gone crazy glad i got in there early 🙀
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • I wouldnt stay close to the venue in Oerlikon. It's hard to find any good restaurants there or a bar. Public transport from city center to the venue and back are very good and on Friday they will run until 4 in the morning. Trust me, I worked close to the Hallenstadion for 12 years and I go there almost every week to watch Ice Hockey...
    fixdahui said:
    Renfield said:
    fixdahui said:

PJNB said:
    How about Hotel Leoneck?
    Dont have any experience but location is good, next to good old recordstore with lots of Vinyl. Walking distance to the old town and trainstation. 
    Thank you. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    Nobody staying at the Holiday Inn right across the street from the venue?  Looks like a classy joint.
  • I currently have the Kameha Grand Zurich booked between the airport and the arena. Is it easy to get to the city center from here?

Thinking of booking either the Renaissance Zürich tower or the Sheraton Zürich Hotel. Are these a good location? They are close by each other closer to the city. 

Also planning on going to Lucerne July 18-21 before Amsterdam shows. Any advise on Lucerne? Good day trips to do from there? Is there enough to do there for 3 days?

What are the main attractions and must do’s within Zürich?

Thanks for any and all advise!
    RiotAct said:
    I currently have the Kameha Grand Zurich booked between the airport and the arena. Is it easy to get to the city center from here?

Thinking of booking either the Renaissance Zürich tower or the Sheraton Zürich Hotel. Are these a good location? They are close by each other closer to the city. 

Also planning on going to Lucerne July 18-21 before Amsterdam shows. Any advise on Lucerne? Good day trips to do from there? Is there enough to do there for 3 days?

What are the main attractions and must do’s within Zürich?

Thanks for any and all advise!

Zurich is a 4 hour train ride to Paris... Just saying... PJ will be playing there on Sunday... And then it is a 3 hour train ride to Amsterdam...
    The Main attractions are the Big churches and the Bahnhofstrasse and the Lake aswell the Oldtown,called Niederdörfli.
    I was there for work a couple of years ago, and they took me to lunch at an old armory that was converted to a restaurant.
    Nice Swiss traditional food! https://www.zeughauskeller.ch/en/home
  • My wife and I came from the US to catch this Zurich show.  Curious whether there is a particular bar where 10C members/fans will be gathering before the show.