Budapest

fookiefookie Posts: 300
edited December 2019 in The Porch
We won GA lottery for budapesh
if we don’t get to arena early in day will we get stuck at way back of floor section or will we be back of ten club section up front
Asking  if TC has its own section up front?
thx 
Tagged:

Comments

• RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 910
    Depends if there is a 'closed' 10club section. If there is youll be in there, in front or at the back.......smile.....make friends....tell funny stories....youll be up front.
    If there aint a 10club section it will be a different story....youll will have to smile more....tell more funny stories
  • Never heard of a dedicated 10 club section other than London 2007 when the entire floor was tenclub.

If there is a Golden Circle area (more expansive area closest to the stage), then that will be shared with tenclub and the other Golden Circle people. And you will reach that area after the fact. 

This is me at Golden Circle on GHOST in Gothenburg (a city PJ refuses to acknowledge as the ROCK CAPITAL OF THE WORLD).

https://youtu.be/6rLwj3Wgu6Y

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mrk2mrk2 Posts: 2,067
    No separate golden circle / front of stage area at this venue, got a reply from the promoter of the show. The whole floor is the same area.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Has anyone booked hotels in Budapest yet?
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,415
    Has anyone booked hotels in Budapest yet?
    I havent but open to hearing more if anyone has recommendations or wants to have a PJ takeover!

First time visitor and hearing some people tell me Airbnb is the way to go.
  • I booked. But not "hotel".
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • I'm in the same boat as you jimjam
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,099
    Depends what you're looking for. We're in Danibus hotel right next to the arena. Was around £60 per night when we booked
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
  • I've booked an ibis style in town. Want to enjoy the city as well as the gig, so making the most of it. Cost me around £52. Not bad split between two of us.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    City Hotel Ring in town or Green Hotel near the venue were the best priced options that I could see. 
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited December 2019
    We are staying at the Lions Garden Hotel 1.5km from the arena. €121 a night. Looks like a nice place. Cheapest room I found on Hotels.com
    i use them because I get a free room for every 10 bookings.  Was the only one coming up on there close to the arena so I grabbed it 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    We are staying at the Lions Garden Hotel 1.5km from the arena. €121 a night. Looks like a nice place. Cheapest room I found on Hotels.com
    i use them because I get a free room for every 10 bookings.  Was the only one coming up on there close to the arena so I grabbed it 
    Looks like Green hotel is all booked up but Danibus is right next to the venue and still cheaper that that option. 
  • fookiefookie Posts: 300
    Does anyone know how long tc entree goes before public

• JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    fookie said:
    Does anyone know how long tc entree goes before public

I‘ve been told it was a 30 minutes headstart in 2018
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,118
    Friend have booked on Green hotel but i'm waiting the other greeks to make our plans..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Thanks guys! Good info, gotta start somewhere... :)
  • Just booked Hotel Rum  muh-fuh-kas
  • radarradar Posts: 771
    have a spare TC budapest reserved seat. aynone?
  • stonesstones Posts: 276
    We’ve booked Hotel Moments which is smack bang in the middle of the main sights downtown. We prefer to make it into a short city break and see some of the city when we travel for shows.
    Yeah we know we could stay at a cheaper place, but this hotel looks nice for the price, gets great reviews and easy access to public transport to get to/from the arena.
  • We're booked at Eurostar
  • DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    Booked Danubius Hotel on Dec 1st.
    3 nights for 226€
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    Booked at Moments and Callas House.  Haven’t decided yet which to keep.   
  • Ibis for us. You know exactly what you get when you stay there. I'm there to see the city too, so not bothered about being on the doorstep of the arena.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    Booked an apartment in District VII. Gonna hit the town after the show.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    There should really be a minium word limit for thread titles.
  • I'm looking for 2 tickets to the Budapest show if anyone has extras. Thanks!!
  • RiotActRiotAct Posts: 57
    I’ll have 2 extra 10C GA. Bought reserved seats on the on-sale. PM if interested
  • Ledbetter7Ledbetter7 Posts: 10
    edited January 2020
    Selling one spare for Budapest (GA). Please PM if interested.