Poll: Vote for Best Shows of 2016

Vote here: bit.ly/2016pjshows

Vote for a max of five shows for our 2016 poll. We’re getting down to the wire on it now. Two more polls left before we turn this into a Top 25 that will ultimately be a Top 10. And of course lots of album shows, stadium shows and very popular shows within this year.

What are you voting for?
Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    Fenway night 2 was one of the best I have witnessed.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,954
    mcgruff10 said:
    Fenway night 2 was one of the best I have witnessed.
    ^^
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Tough choice for me. Fenway 2 or Quebec City. Both totally different shows and both amazing on there own. 
  • Columbia and Hampton are my top two shows witnessed. Both are phenomenal. Columbia’s setlist is pretty much my ideal set. 
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    I kind like the setlist of Fenway 1 a bit better (but that is because I am a fatalist and was not there and love the boot) but can confirm night 2 was pretty fucking spectacular.  If they had played Mosquito instead of that Aerosmith song like the original set list had, I may have spontaneously combusted. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

PB11041 said:
    I kind like the setlist of Fenway 1 a bit better (but that is because I am a fatalist and was not there and love the boot) but can confirm night 2 was pretty fucking spectacular.  If they had played Mosquito instead of that Aerosmith song like the original set list had, I may have spontaneously combusted. 
    Agree, the Aerosmith song sucked.  Mosquito would have been unreal. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    As far as experience Telluride was number one for me.   I would say Quebec City was the top show that I went to.
  • MKSNYCMKSNYC Posts: 341
    MSG 2 was great for me
  • whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 739
    edited December 2019
    I know that others may disagree, but Wrigley 1 was as good a show as I have ever seen. I’ve seen longer PJ shows, and shows with deeper cuts, but that night was absolutely perfect! 
    Post edited by whoanelly15 on
    mcgruff10 said:
    PB11041 said:
    the encores were sick night 2.  Even though I would have killed to get Strangest Tribe, overall the entire encore of night 2 is just off the charts.

• mcgruff10 said:
    PB11041 said:
    I know Tom Hamilton was there and it was kind of a surprise, but the same song back to back nights was a bit lame. Night 2 was great and so far is up there in votes, I have my minor issues with it though. I think by the time they played Wishlist I was over the whole slowburn intro, it lasted a bit too long. Also encore 2 was a really weird construction. Go into Love Reign is just a strange decision
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

• Fenway 2
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,071
    Wasn’t at any of them, by far wrigley 2 for me.
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited December 2019
    Fenway 1 > Fenway 2

1. Quebec City
    2. Greenville
    3. Toronto 1
    4. Tampa
    5. Fenway 1
    Post edited by SmallestOceans on
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Fenway 1 > Fenway 2

1. Quebec City
    2. Greenville
    3. Toronto 1
    4. Tampa
    5. Fenway 1
    The first 4 of the Florida run were great and Tampa and Miami were great where Jax FtL were no slouches.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,212
    Greenville for me.
    Wrigley 1 was a close 2nd. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Jacksonville was one of the best shows I've ever been to. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Philly 1,2
    MSG 1,2
    Boston 2

The Degenerate Northeast Tour - it was an amazing time with an extended group of friends.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Fenway 1 > Fenway 2

1. Quebec City
    2. Greenville
    3. Toronto 1
    4. Tampa
    5. Fenway 1
    The first 4 of the Florida run were great and Tampa and Miami were great where Jax FtL were no slouches.
    True that, there was a whole lot of variation in those 2016 setlists. Full album shows. I wonder if we get Riot Act or Vitalogy anywhere this year...
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

mcgruff10 said:
    PB11041 said:
    I know Tom Hamilton was there and it was kind of a surprise, but the same song back to back nights was a bit lame. Night 2 was great and so far is up there in votes, I have my minor issues with it though. I think by the time they played Wishlist I was over the whole slowburn intro, it lasted a bit too long. Also encore 2 was a really weird construction. Go into Love Reign is just a strange decision
    It is also just a bit ya know Aerosmith which is kinda of wanker rock but is what it is.  Buffalo Tom Tailights Fade was pretty great back to back nights in 2018.

I could always do without wishlist in the set, it just is not a song that has aged well and when they play it up tempo it just is meh.  Could have had something else there, but I liked the Pendulum, Goes, NAIS and Nothingman sequence, could have put a mid tempo in place of wishlist.

The 2nd encore could have been slightly better if it went Smile > Breath > Reign then something like  Go > Evolution > Alive > something anything but RITFW > ledbetter

But a lot of set construction has to be about minimizing Guitar and bass switches for the guys too otherwise the flow is jagged. 

One thing I would like to see them do moving forward is scrap the constant use of RITFW and Baba.  It is overdone.  I would rather hear pearl jam play pearl jam in the encore 2.

• Philly 1,2
    MSG 1,2
    Boston 2

The Degenerate Northeast Tour - it was an amazing time with an extended group of friends.
    Completely forgot about Philly 2 TEN show...

I attended all of these shows and did not think the MSG shows were that great after being in FL and PHI 2.
  • Philly 1,2
    MSG 1,2
    Boston 2

I attended all of these shows and did not think the MSG shows were that great after being in FL and PHI 2.
    Understand...for me the excellent time had with the group of Yahoos here at those shows was what made them so much better.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Philly 2
    FTL
    Miami
    Tampa
    Bos 2
    Philly 1,2
    MSG 1,2
    Boston 2

The main set at msg 1 was stellar.  Overall great show.  Msg 2 was good but nothing to write home about. I was actually disappointed with msg 2.  
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Philly 1,2
    MSG 1,2
    Boston 2

The main set at msg 1 was stellar.  Overall great show.  Msg 2 was good but nothing to write home about. I was actually disappointed with msg 2.  
    Completely agree.
  • Philly 1,2
    MSG 1,2
    Boston 2

Understand...for me the excellent time had with the group of Yahoos here at those shows was what made them so much better.
    Understood.

Traveling with the Wilburys can be quite fun at times! 
  • Bumping... even if you voted vote again, really tight race here

• Bumping... even if you voted vote again, really tight race here
    Here is a better link.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScJevpUYanTLa2_XNzXaNXx5U8HAHHfz7wFFgafCX_IjIldow/viewform
  • SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 1,011
    Jazzfest was an under rated show. Maybe not the best, but underrated for sure. It may have not seemed like it at the time if you were in GA, but in retrospect its a diamond in the rough, especially for being a festival show.

-State Of Love and Trust opener? only been done one other time in 1993 when the setlist was like 10 songs. 
    -Arms Aloft, 1 of 2 times played in 2016. 1 of 17 times played since 2011. "Arms Aloft in New Orleans!!!!" 
    -God's Dice!!!! 1 of 2 times played in 2016..
    -Really love Setting Forth into Corduroy. 
    -In Hiding!!!! Come on! 
    -Long Road by request in the middle of the set into a Daughter w/ no tag into OF THE FUCKING EARTH!!!! WE NEVER GOT THE SONG PJ!!!! 
    -4 songs from Vitalogy, including Last Exit! 
    -The 2 covers at the end remind me of the 1993 Vegas Vault, but it was cool to see the band share the stage with RHCP!!! 

How can this set be overlooked?!

I also really loved the Miami show. Enough to buy it after listening to the Youtube bootleg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    Philly-2
    Hampton
    Fenway-2

I agree with you guys on the MSG shows.  Good shows of course, but not my favs.