Options

Black Friday

Who's partaking? Love it or hate it or don't care?
http://amzn.to/2gasF2N
http://bit.ly/1Xv6WQD
http://bit.ly/2OMhPC8

I miss igotid88

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I always partake. 

Getting some switch games, blurays, dress shirts, and some vinyl
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,354
    I only have enough for the Unplugged vinyl. I wanted to buy the 4k tv from Amazon. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I don’t bother anymore since most releases have plenty of copies to go around and pick up later in the day. 
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    My sister and I go. I have probably gone for 20 years, but with her for probably 15. We start shopping at midnight and go all night. I really don't need anything much, but she has many to buy for.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    It used to be fun even 10 years ago to wake up really early on Friday and lineup somewhere.  Then they changed it to Thanksgiving at 6pm.   And now its just online all day anyway.

like i said tho im still shopping.  So far bought a Switch game, some Switch memory cards, etc
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,145
    Have 2 payments on my suv lease left... will be trying to get a deal Friday, if not I’ll wait til Presidents’ Day 

unplugged vinyl

maybe some early online shopping
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Have 2 payments on my suv lease left... will be trying to get a deal Friday, if not I’ll wait til Presidents’ Day 

unplugged vinyl

maybe some early online shopping
    There is nothing like having a payment plan coming to an end.

Congrats!
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,756
    RSD BF scored.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Unplugged
    Westerberg
    Bourbon County Stout
  • Options
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I walked around Annapolis after I left the record store. Bought me a nice Irish woven flatcap. 
  • Options
    I might buy something
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,711
    This year, not even working.  I'm too at risk with this virus.  So instead, C and I went in today while the store was closed and did a lot of work covering books, straightening shelves, getting the place spiffed up for tomorrow.   I'm not a big fan of Black Friday- too much emphasis on consuming for my likes.  On the other hand, much as this might sound hypocritical, I do find the event an important one for small businesses which are a lot harder to keep going than the big guys.  That is especially true in these COVID times when so many small business are really struggling and many have gone out of business all together.  So I would encourage anyone participating in the even tomorrow to please consider supporting a small business.

One thing that really amazed me was reading that R.E.I. is closing there stores tomorrow and encouraging people to spend the day in the outdoors enjoying nature, be it a walk in a park, or day at the beach or whatever.  And, of course, they emphasized doing so safely.  Very cool of them. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,358
    edited November 2020
    Post edited by stuckinline on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,711
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,518
    5 bikinis bought online. That should last a year.
  • Options
    Got some signed books at Barnes and Noble 
    -Matthew McConaughey. 
    -Natalie Portman. 

Some toys for the youngest. 
    PS5
    Gift for the wife
    And then some more books
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,619
    Did you have to do anything crazy for the ps5 or just luck out?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Did you have to do anything crazy for the ps5 or just luck out?
    Ridiculous luck that i usually lack when buying things lol

Randomly went to bestbuy.com at 6am the other morning and there it was. Store pickup only.  No shipping. Took forever to check out. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,865
    I bought vinyl today - five records in the stores and then ordered three more online. The five I got today I bought from 2 different local record stores. So I felt good about that.