Your take on will Michelle Obama run for POTUS?

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 31,386
edited November 2019 in A Moving Train
Let's do a little long-shot predicting here.  We'll know the answer in less than a year.
“In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
-James Allen

Your take on will Michelle Obama run for POTUS? 22 votes

I think she will run and I hope she does.
0%
I think she will run but I wish she wouldn't.
0%
I don't have a clue.
27%
jeffbrpjl44josevolutionChazzF Me In The BrainHi! 6 votes
I don't think she will but I wish she would.
31%
darwinstheoryBentleyspopTim SimmonsOnWis97brianluxPJ_SoulRunIntoTheRain 7 votes
I don't think she will run and I hope she doesn't.
40%
cincybearcatmcgruff10Dirtie_FrankPJPOWERwhat dreamsJimmyVfoodshop65HughFreakingDillondrakeheuer14 9 votes

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 31,386
    Looks like probably not a happener. Thanks for voting.  I was just curious.
    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon I'm from Winnipeg, you idiot! (Chris Jericho)Posts: 21,379
    I voted "I don't think she will and I hope she doesn't" simply because there is so much Obama hate on the right, I think it would make republicans come out and vote in droves. 
    1993 - Gimli, MB (Sun/Mudfest)
    2003 - Fargo, ND
    2005 - Winnipeg, MB
    2011 - Minneapolis, MN (EV)
    2011 - Winnipeg, MB
    2014 - St. Paul, MN
    2020 - Ottawa, ON

ISO: LET ME SLEEP XMAS SINGLE 1991
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon I'm from Winnipeg, you idiot! (Chris Jericho)Posts: 21,379
    dignin said:
    love it
    2003 - Fargo, ND
    2005 - Winnipeg, MB
    2011 - Winnipeg, MB
    2014 - St. Paul, MN
    2020 - Ottawa, ON

I voted "I don't think she will and I hope she doesn't" simply because there is so much Obama hate on the right, I think it would make republicans come out and vote in droves. 
    Interesting perspective- could be. 

On the other hand, if the Dems don't come out in droves to vote I'm concerned we will have 4 more years of Trumps.
    -James Allen

• Jason PJason P Posts: 18,750
    why not.  i don't see the current batch getting the job done.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin LouisPosts: 17,274
    i have endured enough hatred for the obamas over the years. i can't imagine how bad it would be if she ran. i want michelle to stay out of the presidential race. i think she would be a great candidate, but trump has emboldened the crazies.i am afraid someone would try to harm her if she ran. i love her, but i want her to be safe more than i want her to be president.
    "There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed."- Hemingway

"i'm not here to start the fire. i am here to fan the flames..."

If you have never failed, you have never lived.
    i have endured enough hatred for the obamas over the years. i can't imagine how bad it would be if she ran. i want michelle to stay out of the presidential race. i think she would be a great candidate, but trump has emboldened the crazies.i am afraid someone would try to harm her if she ran. i love her, but i want her to be safe more than i want her to be president.
    100%
    2003 - Fargo, ND
    2005 - Winnipeg, MB
    2011 - Winnipeg, MB
    2014 - St. Paul, MN
    2020 - Ottawa, ON

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 23,389
    I don't have a clue.
    I can’t look ahead too worried about 2020! If the Baffoon retains the WH I’d say we would be closer to a dictatorship...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Very good points.
    -James Allen

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 6,281
    I don't have a clue.
    Does she have those aspirations? My answer would be I don't know if she will and I'm indifferent until I hear her positions.

Also, no one is going to harm her so take the tinfoil hat off. There aren't legions of Trump supporters attacking candidates. That's a fever dream. The only actual recent attack was on Republicans by a Bernie Sanders supporter. 
    pjl44 said:
    Does she have those aspirations? My answer would be I don't know if she will and I'm indifferent until I hear her positions.

Also, no one is going to harm her so take the tinfoil hat off. There aren't legions of Trump supporters attacking candidates. That's a fever dream. The only actual recent attack was on Republicans by a Bernie Sanders supporter. 
    i think you're probably right, but they might when it's a black woman trying to get into the White Man's House. 
    2003 - Fargo, ND
    2005 - Winnipeg, MB
    2011 - Winnipeg, MB
    2014 - St. Paul, MN
    2020 - Ottawa, ON

pjl44 said:

i think you're probably right, but they might when it's a black woman trying to get into the White Man's House. 
    That would be a concern for me as well.
    -James Allen