Options

Chris Cornell Super Deluxe Boxset Repressing now available

kenkkenk Posts: 210
edited November 2019 in The Porch
For those that missed this the first time around it is being repressed in color vinyl.

password = anthology (edit: it originally asked for one. Looks like you don't need it anymore)

Also you can use code FREESHIPPING at checkout for what I assume would be free shipping.

Post edited by kenk on

Comments

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Thanks for the heads up.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,201
    I really regret not buying one of these when they were on sale for less than $300cdn on amazon.ca

300usd is still too steep :(  That's over $400cdn (assuming the freeshipping works for Canada).  That's a lot :(
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,204
    I got the original for $229 on amazon. Pass on this one
  • Options
    Got my original from Amazon Canada as well for around $230US. According to the email announcing this it said it is exclusive to Chris's webshop. $300 is a lot, which is why i also held out when it first went on sale.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,901
    Zod said:

300usd is still too steep :(  That's over $400cdn (assuming the freeshipping works for Canada).  That's a lot :(

Yep. That's alot of mula. Will wait on the 4th or 5th pressing when there's a huge run and get it off Amazon Canada down the road when it's super cheap. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:

Yep. That's alot of mula. Will wait on the 4th or 5th pressing when there's a huge run and get it off Amazon Canada down the road when it's super cheap. 
    Curious - what makes you think there will be a 4th or 5th run of this? I'd assume this re-release is due to the fuck ups of the first release. You really think there's enough demand for multiple runs of a box set that's this big and costly? I kicked myself for not pulling the trigger last time.
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,233
    Zod said:
    I really regret not buying one of these when they were on sale for less than $300cdn on amazon.ca

Lol, of course it doesn’t work for Canada! $50 to ship.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    I'm hopeful that they'll repress Song Book Vol 1 on vinyl for those who are still searching for it. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
    What was the "inconvenience of the 2018 pressing" that they are apologizing for?

Also, for those annoyed about the price increase... this version is color vinyl, yippee!
  • Options
    Jed said:
    What was the "inconvenience of the 2018 pressing" that they are apologizing for?

Also, for those annoyed about the price increase... this version is color vinyl, yippee!
    I believe it was the fact that some box sets were missing items, or had duplicate items, the assembly seemed to be the issue. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Yep. I got screwed over by Ed’s Awesome Sounds when that dude filed bankruptcy and didn’t send the sets out.  Lost $235 for this set.  Now I won’t risk buying from some crappy sites just to save money.  So I just grabbed one from this post.  Little more than I wanted to spend, but at least I won’t get fucked over.
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    It's not increased. It was $300 then too direct from Chris's store. But other retailers were charging less for it. It also took forever to ship and some orders got cancelled last round as well. So it was a mess.
    PP193448 said:
    Yep. I got screwed over by Ed’s Awesome Sounds when that dude filed bankruptcy and didn’t send the sets out.  Lost $235 for this set.  Now I won’t risk buying from some crappy sites just to save money.
    Were you not able to get refunded through your Credit Card? typically you are protected from crap like that when buying with Visa/Master/Paypal.
  • Options
    PSUS2H said:
    Jed said:

I believe it was the fact that some box sets were missing items, or had duplicate items, the assembly seemed to be the issue. 
    Damn, now I guess I have to open mine to see if it's messed up
  • Options
    kenk said:
    It's not increased. It was $300 then too direct from Chris's store. But other retailers were charging less for it. It also took forever to ship and some orders got cancelled last round as well. So it was a mess.
    PP193448 said:
    Yep. I got screwed over by Ed’s Awesome Sounds when that dude filed bankruptcy and didn’t send the sets out.  Lost $235 for this set.  Now I won’t risk buying from some crappy sites just to save money.
    Were you not able to get refunded through your Credit Card? typically you are protected from crap like that when buying with Visa/Master/Paypal.
    Don’t remember if I opened a dispute on PayPal or not. Thanks.  Will check tonight.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,041
    kenk said:
    PP193448 said:
    I was able to get a refund from PayPpal, from the Ed's Awesome Sounds mess.  The first set I received from Pop Market was missing the DVD and all the extras.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    I feel like Ed's even told people to contact their Credit cards/Paypal when they announced they were going under. Hopefully everyone got taken care of.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    PSUS2H said:
    Jed said:

Wasn't shipping terribly delayed, too?

I bought the two album set from Amazon. Had the skyline slip cover piece with it. Apparently not all of them came with it. I don't know if that was a limited thing or a production issue. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    PSUS2H said:
    Jed said:

Wasn't shipping terribly delayed, too?

I bought the two album set from Amazon. Had the skyline slip cover piece with it. Apparently not all of them came with it. I don't know if that was a limited thing or a production issue. 
    It was limited.  They dont ship with the slip sleeve anymore.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,015
    edited November 2019
    Jed said:

I don't know which pressing it was, but right after he died I finally pulled the trigger on getting one. Everywhere was sold out except for Amazon. As soon as my order went through it immediately got changed to sold out. I figured it was a mistake and mine would never come and the order would be canceled, but I got to enjoy the free download with it. It was listed as "in process" for months, then one day it just showed up!
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Jed said:

I don't know which pressing it was, but right after he died I finally pulled the trigger on getting one. Everywhere was sold out except for Amazon. As soon as my order went through it immediately got changed to sold out. I figured it was a mistake and mine would never come and the order would be canceled, but I got to enjoy the free download with it. It was listed as "in process" for months, then one day it just showed up!
    He died 18 months before they released this set.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,015
    edited November 2019
    SHZA said:
    mace1229 said:
    Jed said:

I think I quoted the wrong person. Someone was talking about his Songbook vinyl that I meant to reply to.
    Which is what that happened with, I bought Songbook, it was "in processing" for months while sold out everywhere, then one day showed up.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    SHZA said:
    mace1229 said:
    Jed said:

I think I quoted the wrong person. Someone was talking about his Songbook vinyl that I meant to reply to.
    Which is what that happened with, I bought Songbook, it was "in processing" for months while sold out everywhere, then one day showed up.
    WOW Nice score, it (songbook) sounds great on vinyl. I hope they'll do a part 2. 
  • Options
    kaseylilykaseylily Michigan, USA Posts: 259
    edited November 2019
    Did anyone see when these will start shipping? 
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,989
    From what I saw, really soon, it's not a preorder. This is what I received:
    "we're getting your order ready to be shipped. We will notify you when it has been sent."

• Options
    kaseylilykaseylily Michigan, USA Posts: 259
    Hub. said:
    From what I saw, really soon, it's not a preorder. This is what I received:
    "we're getting your order ready to be shipped. We will notify you when it has been sent."

Yay! Thank you ☺ was hoping to put this under my tree for me!
  • Options
    silvosilvo Posts: 290

Not the deluxe boxset, but this is  a great price on the standard vinyl if you never picked it up:

https://store.hmv.com/store/music/vinyl/chris-cornell

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,201
    silvo said:

Not the deluxe boxset, but this is  a great price on the standard vinyl if you never picked it up:

https://store.hmv.com/store/music/vinyl/chris-cornell

The problem is all the cool shit in the boxset is on the last two cd's (especially the last CD).  I would love a vinyl pressing of the content on the last cd.   All the stuff I don't have already.
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,989
    edited December 2019