Foo Fighters & RHCP Headlining Boston Calling 2020

If only PJ would join in on the fun!!  B)

Comments

• Would be a great triple bill. Only two bands in it I don't care to see.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Shumway35Shumway35 Posts: 328
    edited November 2019
    Apparently a 3rd headliner will be announced in January - so........could coincide with a PJ tour announcement. 
    2000 - Toronto 
    2005 - St. John's 2
    2006 - Toronto 1 & 2 
    2009 - Toronto 
    2011 - Toronto 1 
    2013 - Pittsburgh,  Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit 
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto 1, Wrigley 1 
    2018 - Wrigley 1 & 2
    2019 - Ohana Festival 
    2022 - Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, Nashville
    2023 - St. Paul 1 & 2
    2024 - Vancouver 1 & 2, NYC 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    With two rock headliners announced already I suspect the third will be a different type of music.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    RATM should be the 3rd headliner
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • As great as PJ would be my bet on the last headliner is either My Chemical Romance or RATM.
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    Poncier said:
    Hearing this may in fact be the case. That would be something.
  • I remember when Boston calling was a all indie rock festival! That was pretty cool! Then they added mainstream bands like tool to the bill and it kind of ruined it!! Still may go based on who else plays.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,193
    Jadler said:
    Poncier said:
    Jesus. That would be insane.
    Jadler said:
    Poncier said:
    Where are you hearing this? Just curious. 
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    Close friends brother who works in the music industry in LA. I don’t think they announce until January...so we will have to see, but would be pretty sweet!
    Jadler said:
    Close friends brother who works in the music industry in LA. I don’t think they announce until January...so we will have to see, but would be pretty sweet!
    Wow. Well thanks for sharing. That would be pretty sweet indeed.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    It makes a bit of sense given Morello's a Harvard alum and the festival is now held at Harvard Stadium, we shall see.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 1,011
    I remember when Boston calling was a all indie rock festival! That was pretty cool! Then they added mainstream bands like tool to the bill and it kind of ruined it!! Still may go based on who else plays.
    Are you joking? The year tool played has a MASSIVE indie/rock under card: 

I remember when Boston calling was a all indie rock festival! That was pretty cool! Then they added mainstream bands like tool to the bill and it kind of ruined it!! Still may go based on who else plays.
    Eh. Beck, Jack Johnson, Avetts. They've had mainstream headliners as long as they've existed. My main beef is the change of venue. Their setup at Harvard suuuuuuuucks.
  • I remember when Boston calling was a all indie rock festival! That was pretty cool! Then they added mainstream bands like tool to the bill and it kind of ruined it!! Still may go based on who else plays.
    Are you joking? The year tool played has a MASSIVE indie/rock under card: 

I was more so trying to get at the headliner aspect of it and I think it is because it moved to Harvard! Before that year the biggest headliner they had was death cab and now they are brining in bands like tool, chili peppers and foo fighters! I mean whatever it takes to make a buck to keep it going. Just mainly go for more underground and upcoming huge acts. Lord Huron for instance played this year. Great band and have been and pretty big now but will never be as huge as tool/peppers/foo