Never steal from Green Jello

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,620
    Wow, right on to Green Jelly for getting this waste of a promoter to pay up.  I've read other stories like this and they make me sick.  Promoters and club owners who don't pay bands should be stripped of their jobs and made to work on a pig farm at minimum wage for a year or two.  Or three.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• This is great!

Sad that they are playing shows for $500 a night now though...
  • MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,513
    This is great!

Sad that they are playing shows for $500 a night now though...
    That's 6 drops of Louie each.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I had no Idea the Tool drummer was in Green Jelly.  He was selling a used snare drum head that he scribbled on with a sharpie for $500 at the Tool concert I went to a few weeks ago.  Green Jelly has to lug their gear around, probably 50 gallons of fake pigs blood and then have to chase down a deadbeat promoter in a scenario that will most likely end in one of three ways:  A) You get $500  B) You get shot  C) You get arrested ... meanwhile your ex drummer is taking a useless snare drum head he was going to chuck in the garbage, drawing a pentagram on it and making $500.
  • Maynard was in Green Jelly too.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,479
    They themselves are thieves...they originally were called Green Jello.  Jello is trademarked!
    I thought he was only friends with them?  I don't recall him being in the band?
    It's on Wikipedia and my friend told me.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,620
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    They themselves are thieves...they originally were called Green Jello.  Jello is trademarked!
    Ah ha!  Now we know why Kleenex was know as LiLiPUT here in the good old U.S.of A.!

Ladies and Gentlemen, KLEENEX!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Black Flag are named after a pesticide. 
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 3,046
    Pearl Jam are named after jizz.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    dudeman said:
    Pearl Jam are named after jizz.
    psychedelic jizz.  from someone's gramma.
    It's on Wikipedia and my friend told me.
    I thought he did a guest spot.  Never knew he was actually a member.  Seems appropriate though!

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I never heard of Green Jelly until this thread.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambs said:
    I never heard of Green Jelly until this thread.
    There 3 little pigs video was a big hit in the early 90's.
  • ^ ^ The only reason I know of them, I saw it on a music video show one Saturday morning and googled them and that is how I learned about Danny Carey and Maynard being in the band.